do you think anastasia shoud be a disney princess

Technically she now is since Disney owns 20th Century Fox.
I do think she'd make a good Disney parks princess.
And I have always loved that movie. I have a music box like the one in the movie.

Neither is Winnie the Pooh or The Muppets, Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Tron, or Spiderman.... so I'm not seeing the relevance.

And given that many of the "original" Disney Princesses are lifted from Fairytales or literature, they're not technically original, either: Ariel, Belle, Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, Snow White, Mulan, Anna, Elsa, Tiana, Jasmine, Rapunzel... All are rooted in Fairytales, legends, or literature. Pocahontas was based on a real person.

So, if we want to be technical, the vast majority of the Disney Princess "original material" is more or less fanfiction.

The only Disney original princesses I can think of are Merida, Sofia, and Elena.

Originality is just an arbitrary line that is being drawn. If Disney owns it, it is Disney's IP now until they sell it.

So yeah, Anastasia is a Disney Princess. So is Leia.

While "Anastasia" is a wonderful movie, there was a real Anastasia Romanov, the youngest daughter of Russian Tsar Nicholas II. If Disney tried to make "Anastasia" a princess in their parks, I think Russia might have something to say about it, and nothing good. I doubt Disney would want to poke that proverbial bear, just to add another princess.

While "Anastasia" is a wonderful movie, there was a real Anastasia Romanov, the youngest daughter of Russian Tsar Nicholas II. If Disney tried to make "Anastasia" a princess in their parks, I think Russia might have something to say about it, and nothing good. I doubt Disney would want to poke that proverbial bear, just to add another princess.

Yes, I think this is probably correct. Anastasia, while a great movie, is based in part on real events and a real person. That makes it a separate category of movie than "fairy tale" and I'm not sure where that fits. Now, if Epcot maybe had a Russia Pavilion, that would maybe work, but the reasons why they don't and won't are pretty apparent - Russia would have to be a very different country for that to ever happen. The movie is wonderful though, and I do hope it is made available on Disney+ and given all the backing of other great animated films.

Yes only because I want Rasputin as an official villian. He has the best villian song.

Yes only because I want Rasputin as an official villian. He has the best villian song.

That song is good! Actually, all of the songs form Anastasia are good! I totally wan't Disney to embrace the film, but I think keeping her separate from the official Princess stable is best.

Anastasia is great on Broadway. It was a great movie. Should she become a Disney Princess? Yes, but she should be put in the 5th gate at WDW along with some Marvel and Fox attractions. The Magic Kingdom should be kept exclusively for Disney IP.

Technically she now is since Disney owns 20th Century Fox.
I do think she'd make a good Disney parks princess.
And I have always loved that movie. I have a music box like the one in the movie.
Technically she isn't. Just being a princess in Disney does not make you a Disney Princess. It is a brand and Disney only picks certain characters to fit the brand. Anna and Elsa are not even in the Disney Princess brand because Frozen is it's own brand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter