Do you think Disney responds to your complaints?

I'm sure it's like most companies..while you can complain not all complaints can be dealt with in a way the customer knows about.

I'm sure there are complaints Disney receives that are minor enough that they either send no response or a pre-formed letter though I'm sure they try their best to respond if they can.

I'm speaking as a generality because I don't have any idea what the lady in the OP's complaint was about.

I will say even as minor of a thing you think it might be nothing can really be done or even thought about being done unless you notify them.

I've complained twice and got calls both times. One was a mass complaint people on here sent to Disney about a change. Another was about a big issue we had on a trip.

They will absolutely listen and respond to comments/complaints directed to them. However, a rant on social media isn't going to get you anywhere.

I don't have a lot of drama with my Disney vacation. A couple of things have happened, sure. It just does. I found that Disney responded immediately and quite generously. They made things right in ways I would never have expected, or asked for.

Yes. Absolutely. If the complaint is valid, Disney will do what they can (usually over and above) to make it right.

This has been our experience as well. Then again, we've only complained when something was a real problem. Some people seem to complain about every little thing that doesn't go perfectly for them...

And if we have an issue on a vacation, we deal with it WHILE WE ARE THERE... letter writing afterwards and trying to extract something for our troubles isn't my thing. :)

When Disney very first put the bag checks in place, they put the tables in EPCOT so close to the turnstiles that you could not get your stuff organized and bag zipped up before getting to the turnstiles. I wrote to Disney and explained this problem to them. By my next visit they had been moved to the location where they sat for so many years....

Your welcome.

Unless the person is coming off like a raving lunatic that complains about everything, Disney will probably respond.

I've "complained" to Disney twice - they weren't really complaints, just observations, and both times they contacted me both by email and by phone.

I've had to contact them before and received a call from a very helpful Guest Service CM. They do read emails!

I always email Disney after my vacations. I want them to hear the good, the bad and the ugly, (so far never had to give any ugly comments). They have always called me and talked to me about my experiences. I was never looking for anything, I just want them to know and that is how they took it. Always had great talks with the person calling me. The one bad experience I had, we talked about it, not going to get into what it was, but safe to say it wasn't any Disney CM or anything I feel like Disney could do about it, but she still listen and made me feel like it was important for them to know about it. So yes, I feel Disney wants to know.

I have had a few issues and always been happy with the response from Disney. I did complain formally twice - once was an in park issue, I gave it a few hours to process and then when it was still bothering me I went to guest relations that day to report the problem.

Another was a resort issue and after several trips to the front desk and asking for a manager the issue wasn't properly resolved so in addition to contacting the resort again after we got home I did write to guest relations via email.

That said - I often go to guest relations or stop at the front desk of the resort when I have a good experience as well!

What is the best way to get actual response and/or followup? Phone, email, desk visit, etc.

I've never "complained", but when I checked out I did let the resort know about existing damages/problems in the room that needed addressed. I guess I was expecting the typical customer service reactions of "thank you for letting us know" or "I'm so sorry for the inconvenience" or a "we'll make sure that issue is addressed and this is how" type of thing. No response whatsoever- didn't even make any kind of notation in my presence. It seemed odd that they didn't care. (The curtain/blind apparatus was fallen halfway off the window, and wasn't going to be able to stay up much longer, and there was a rather large sticky stain on the carpeting. Obviously, we just lived with both during our stay, and did not ever complain. But it did need fixed-we couldn't adjust our curtains/blinds at all as the piece would have fallen off, and we had to avoid walking in part of the room.)

It's encouraging to read that so many of you are pleased with your customer service experiences, and it makes me wonder if there is a "best" way to get taken/treated seriously. In my personal example, all I wanted was to feel heard and be assured that the problems would be taken care of, preferably before the next guest. :confused3 It was our first visit so I had nothing to compare the room or the desk service to.

We had an unholy mess of a check in at the Grand CA @ Disneyland. I won't bore you with details, but it was bordering silly and laughable by the time we got assigned a room. We got upgraded automatically, because they were wonderful. Then, upon returning home, got a call and they comp'd us the entire stay. I was blown away.

I have emailed Disney with a couple of legitimate complaints. I received a phone call both times, follow up emails and even though I said this was NOT my reason for contacting them, a gift card.

I was very impressed with the degree they sought my opinions and re-telling of our experience.

Several years ago we had an all-round horrible stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge. The problems ranged from poor CM service at check-in to a room where we couldn't even go out on the balcony due to screaming children on balconies around us, loud cell phone conversations and direct views of huge billboards and traffic on a nearby highway. For a deluxe resort where we should have been able to leisurely view the animals on the savannah it was almost a total dud.

I wrote Disney a calm, rational letter detailing our complaints and not asking for anything other than suggesting decals placed on the balcony railings indicating that conversations and noisy activities might be heard by many others.

Just a few weeks later Disney responded with some compensation to be used for a future trip. I was more than pleasantly surprised and felt that Disney handled the situation in an appropriate manner.

I believe that they do. Three weeks after our most recent trip I received a $700 bill from Disney. Since I used my credit card for everything I immediately emailed them. A day later before I could even pay the bill I received a call from Disney. They apologized and said the bill was valid but it was their fault. It turns out when I swiped my Magic Band to pay a tip they were using my Disney Visa from 2006. I corrected the information in their database and they even dropped the bill down almost $200 for the trouble. Easy to deal with and very polite. Of course the nice girl offered to tell me how much money total I had spent at Disney since 2006 but that number is one I want to forget about anyways.

I've been to Disney 4 times in the last 3 years and just had my first complaint. There's been other missteps, but I usually just move on and think of the other good stuff that's occurred. Nothing was ever intentionally done - late buses, poor check-in - I never begrudge mistakes. Once they didn't activate our tickets or link it to the magicbands correctly, after 2 tries, and I had to walk with 2 kiddos across the park twice - and even then I didn't complain. I just asked them to fix it, and guest services gave us a free fastpass since walking back to their office made us miss our original time. I never asked for anything 'extra'.

On our most recent trip, I decided to travel solo with my 4 and 6 yo for the first time. On our travel day, there were some check-in delays, and I was developing a sinus infection. Fortunately I was able to get a prescription from urgent care before I left, but what this meant was canceling our Disney Springs dinner reservation that night in about 1.5 hours. It wasn't even a busy restaurant - there were still reservations available that same day - but I still felt bad. When I called to cancel, the automated service made me enter my reservation # twice, and by the time I got to a representative, she asked me for it again. So I made a comment about how this seemed a little redundant but in the same breath, gave it to her again. However, based on that lone comment alone - she had a very sarcastically polite tone afterwards and refused to cancel our reservation without charging us $30. At this point, I asked her why she couldn't make an exception like I know they've made for other people, and she wouldn't explain. She just repeated policy.

Look - I know what some people are thinking - it's policy, get over it. I've worked in customer service in high school and college, and in no way, do I try to make things difficult for representatives. At the end of the day, it was going to be $30, which is a drop in the bucket for all the other Disney expenses, and I would have been fine with it had she simply handled it with some decency. Here's where it prompted my complaint.

Once I realized she wasn't trying to be helpful, I asked to speak to a supervisor. She said sure, and put me on hold. 5 min go by. 10 min. My kids are getting tired of waiting... I knew something was amiss after waiting 10 min. Ultimately, almost an hour goes by until the phone started ringing again. By then, I thought I'd get to talk to the supervisor finally - but guess what? She patched me through to the restaurant. Right at the time of the reservation. The restaurant has no record of what was going on - they think I'm just a no-show at first. After I explained what happen, they were incredibly apologetic and shocked at what happened to me - all just to cancel a dinner reservation. I told them it was not their fault but that I was as surprised as they were. They explained that unless a person is a no-show, they typically cancel reservations for everyone. (Still, that's not my expectation that it would get cancelled every time - this was the only time on this trip that I needed a cancellation. There was literally 1 other time in all of my previous other trips where I had to cancel as well - it was due to weather.)

The worst part is, I never got to the survey at the end for the representative, and what prompted me to complain was bc she gamed the system designed to catch bad behavior. She not only didn't help me, but tried to make things worse for me by making me wait for an hour. I wanted to make sure Disney was aware of the loopholes that she exploited to get out of this.

After I reached out to Disney, the response I got, after a week, was via email. They said 'please know' that she was following policy - then went on to lecture me about the impact of no-shows on their bottom line. It seemed like a canned email. It was so disappointing that they missed the point of my complaint. Not only that - when a customer makes a mistake, the policy is quick to charge us for it. But when Disney employees makes an intentional point to make things worse for the customer, nothing comes of it. I didn't ask for any reimbursement or incentive - I literally only want to make sure her bad behavior was picked up. What kind of customer service is it that points out the 1 thing the employee did right but doesn't address the other points that they did wrong?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!