Do you think there will be pixie dust on June 1? Speculation only, not an open/closed debate.

TeraCuse

Owner at OKW, fan of the Skyliner
Meant as a fun discussion only, not a debate if the parks will or won't be, should or shouldn't be.

Our arrival date is June 2. Assuming an opening date by June 1, for those who are going to brave a trip, do you think there will be anything special for guests? Any pixie dust thrown in? It's going to be a unique time, I'm looking forward to seeing how WDW handles it. I do believe it will be historic. Anyone else thinking the same?

Certainly hope that life would return to the World that soon. Along with capacity and distancing guidelines, a face mask rule, and safety maintenance. Suggestion .... become familiar with your options should WDW not open for any part of your scheduled trip.
Follow the Magic!

I had a June 1st trip planned forever (for my DD 30th b-day) she pulled the plug, we changed to Aug. She wants a full experience. I'm still very happy that we moved the trip, not cancel it! I'm prepared to change it again depending upon what's in place at the time of our trip.

Personal opinion is less than 10% chance for a june 1 opening.

I had a June 1st trip planned forever (for my DD 30th b-day) she pulled the plug, we changed to Aug. She wants a full experience. I'm still very happy that we moved the trip, not cancel it! I'm prepared to change it again depending upon what's in place at the time of our trip.

Personal opinion is significantly less than a 10% chance for a full experience is August.

Meant as a fun discussion only, not a debate if the parks will or won't be, should or shouldn't be.

Our arrival date is June 2. Assuming an opening date by June 1, for those who are going to brave a trip, do you think there will be anything special for guests? Any pixie dust thrown in? It's going to be a unique time, I'm looking forward to seeing how WDW handles it. I do believe it will be historic. Anyone else thinking the same?
Personal opinion is less than 10% chance for a june 1 opening.
Personal opinion is significantly less than a 10% chance for a full experience in August.
Can we just have a fun discussion occasionally? Maybe we know it's not going to open June 1st but it's fun to say "hey what will you do first when you get back?" or "do you think they'll do a special opening show when we finally can go?".

I don't know about pixie dust happening, but let's say yes! What would you like it to be? I think something small like getting handed a Mickey ice cream bar or classic ears to wear as you walk in would be a blast. :) Maybe everyone will get "I'm Celebrating!" buttons. I know I missed my birthday trip (was supposed to be right now) so I'll be "celebrating" my birthday whenever I can go again.

Maybe a special opening show at MK? That's the only thing I can think of. They are going to be broke - so no big free items.

If you haven't done so, check out the Shanghai reopening. I think there was a modified park opening to keep people from crowding around. I know that they had larger groups of characters out for photos from a distance with a bunch of CMs between guests and the characters. I know that many amusement parks, other than Disney, are looking to see how things went with Shanghai to model their reopening.

I really think WDW will keep it lowkey. Maybe a slightly different welcome announcement or a pin to signify the opening, but I think it will not be as big of a celebration as some might expect.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!