Do you tip the drivers that take you from the airport to DLP?

helenk

I wish I was in Disney World
We are using ParisShuttle , private car, to take us from the airport to Paris and then from Paris to DLP. In the US we would tip the driver. The website says everything is included, but I am not sure about tipping

Tipping is not standard in France, including for restaurants, cabs and car services. It is not expected. If someone says otherwise in a certain situation, they most likely are trying to play you because you are American.

We are using ParisShuttle , private car, to take us from the airport to Paris and then from Paris to DLP. In the US we would tip the driver. The website says everything is included, but I am not sure about tipping

Tipping in Europe is very different to USA. In Europe our minimum wage is a living wage ie people do not rely on tips to make up their wage / pay their rent/ pay for food etc. This includes taxi drivers, private hire cars, restaurant servers, hotel employees, bar staff, baristas and all the other low paying jobs which people in America expect to get tips from.

In Ireland I get taxis on a regular basis. I rarely tip the driver. The only time I would tip is if the driver went above and beyond just driving me from A to B. And even then I dont calculate 10% / 15% etc. The way I tip drivers, is when I pay cash and I round up. For example, the fare came to €8.50 I would hand the driver a €10 note and say thats ok, no change needed.

In your example, will you be paying cash or card to the driver or are you paying in advance online?
  1. If you are paying cash, just round up to the nearest note, ie €23.40 to €25 or €28.50 to €30 or €38.50 to €40 or €48.50 to €50
  2. If you are paying card, pay the exact amount on the card and give the driver about €2 or €3 but no more than a €5 note
  3. If you have paid in advance online,give the driver about €2 or €3 but no more than a €5 note
  4. Do not calculate the tip based on the fare amount
HOWEVER
if the driver does not speak to you, is not friendly, the car is not in a good condition, the driver is late, there is bad communication with the company, the driver does not offer to help with bags or the service is in any way not what you were expecting, DO NOT GIVE ANY TIPS

Thank you. I am on my way to Paris as we speak. I know that tipping is not expected in the restaurants but I was not sure about the drivers

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter