Do you try and improve your

Hair, a couple weeks out so I can play with styling if I have a drastic change.

Pedicure & Nails - always. Heck my DH gets a pedicure before vacations, those work boot feet need some love if his toes are gonna be showing :thumbsup2:rotfl2:
But he always says - No Polish about 40 times. :rotfl2:

lol, you should tell them he wants pink

Hair, a couple weeks out so I can play with styling if I have a drastic change.

Pedicure & Nails - always. Heck my DH gets a pedicure before vacations, those work boot feet need some love if his toes are gonna be showing :thumbsup2:rotfl2:
But he always says - No Polish about 40 times. :rotfl2:
:o Not that he'd appreciate me outing his little secret, but the first thing my DH does when we board a cruise ship is b-line it to get his "spa" on. It's a standard ritual for him - pedi, facial, massage and he's officially in vacation mode. :beach:

:o Not that he'd appreciate me outing his little secret, but the first thing my DH does when we board a cruise ship is b-line it to get his "spa" on. It's a standard ritual for him - pedi, facial, massage and he's officially in vacation mode. :beach:

I have to laugh, mine hits The Art of Shaving before we usually a cruise:boat:. Then he refuses to shave the rest of it. :rotfl::rotfl: So we start soo smooth and end up a bit scruffy:banana:

The only thing I usually do is make sure my eyebrows are waxed. Not sure why this is so important to me since I'm usually wearing glasses and you can't really see them anyway.

About a year and a half ago, I did a sister trip to WDW. I did most of the planning, so my sister treated me to a mani/pedi before the trip - which she always does before a vacation. It had never occurred to me to do that (I don't get a lot of manicures, generally speaking), but it was a fun treat and I'm sure the other tourists appreciated my pink toes!

Yes. I want to look my very best for people I don't know and will never see again.
I agree with this. I don't really care what a bunch of strangers think of me, all I care about is that my kids are having a good time. I make sure to pack nice clothes for all of us, and I have to pack a lot of hair products or my hair will turn into a big puff ball which I find uncomfortable, but other than that I don't really care what a bunch of strangers will think about my appearance. There are lots of days that I don't even wear makeup on vacation :) I mean, my kids don't care whether I'm wearing makeup, they love me no matter what, and being single means I don't have a man to try to impress so I might as well enjoy it!

I agree with this. I don't really care what a bunch of strangers think of me, all I care about is that my kids are having a good time. I make sure to pack nice clothes for all of us, and I have to pack a lot of hair products or my hair will turn into a big puff ball which I find uncomfortable, but other than that I don't really care what a bunch of strangers will think about my appearance. There are lots of days that I don't even wear makeup on vacation :) I mean, my kids don't care whether I'm wearing makeup, they love me no matter what, and being single means I don't have a man to try to impress so I might as well enjoy it!
Nobody so far has mentioned trying to impress strangers as part of their pre-vacation preparation :confused3.

I dress and try to look my best when in public, including on vacation, because I find I'm treated with more respect. At home I'm in cozy sweats or pjs with my hair up, no makeup.

I buy a few new articles of clothing.
I usually get my hair trimmed, and have my nails done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter