Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pooh2001

been there, done that, TRYING to go back
Happy 4th of July to all !

Watching ABC this morning, and they mentioned fanny packs are a style of the past.

If you still wear a fanny pack in the parks, please respond yes

If you do not wear a fanny pack in the parks, please tell me what you use now to store all your "stuff".

I am so confused, since I have always used a fanny pack.
Am I just old-fashioned and out of style ?

Happy 4th of July to all !

Watching ABC this morning, and they mentioned fanny packs are a style of the past.

If you still wear a fanny pack in the parks, please respond yes

If you do not wear a fanny pack in the parks, please tell me what you use now to store all your "stuff".

I am so confused, since I have always used a fanny pack.
Am I just old-fashioned and out of style ?
Before Magic Bands and added security, yes, I used a fanny pack.

No longer.

My child getting past toddler stage helped that equation too - I no longer feel the need to have wet-wipes & sanitizer at the ready.

No, I do not use a fanny pack. Right now, I carry a backpack because I have a 3 year old that requires a lot of stuff. Once she's a bit older, I'll switch to a smaller backpack or a crossbody bag.

It depends. If I am using my compact camera for the day I'll carry everything in my Overland Equipment Donner bag. If I am using my DSLR and will have that around my neck, I will use a fanny pack. I find myself getting tangled if I try carrying a bag or backpack plus my camera.

At Disney I use a cross body bag to carry my stuff. At Cedar Point they don't provide storage for a cross body bag, so I'll proudly be wearing my fanny pack. I know I'll lose my phone if its in my pocket.

I had a little "bum bag" as we call them that I kept our money and stuff in and could stay under our t-shirts. My mum is always paranoid I'll get robbed so I've always used it. It then did break and I bought a disney drawstring bag...

Yep, all the time & I wouldn't go without it. I use mine at Cedar Point every day. I actually just bought a new one yesterday lol

I will be using a Shacke Pak when we go in November. Same concept as fanny pack except uses your belt to hang on.

I used one way back when, when they were in style, and when they went out of style, I used a cross body bag. Last April I bought the Mickey fanny pack at Disney Springs. I haven't looked back since. :D I wear it to the side and tuck a bit of my shirt behind it. The whole strap is covered by my shirt, so you only see the small bag at my hip. Much more comfortable than having the cross body slung across me for 2 weeks.

My dad has almost always used a fanny pack in the parks but we kept in it I really don't know. I usually carry my cell phone and wallet in my front pockets along with some emergencee packets. Also, I'll put a water bottle in my back pocket. That's about all I carry with me. Also, I don't have any kids yet.

I prefer the term "waist pack" and yes I wear a small one. For an entire day, I hate having anything on my shoulders or across my body. I have immediate access to glasses, wallet, cell phone, kleenex, small camera, etc. It fits on rides and I don't have to worry about forgetting it or stuffing it at my feet. Mine even carries a water bottle.

Last edited:
We call them "butt packs", and they're actually making a comeback, if you follow fashion at all. I couldn't care less about fashion though! The only thing that keeps me from using one is that I still have small children and need way too much stuff. As soon as they are older, the butt pack makes perfect sense.

Last edited:
I do not use a fanny pack, as I'm under 70 years old.

I travel light in the parks. Cell phone, credit card, and ID, carried in my pocket.
MC8Cndk.png

You do you and don't worry about it. There is plenty worn in the parks others will roll eyes at.

TttxFKL.png

No! We are just a couple again and hands free. As soon as the youngest of our four kids was out of diapers we became a hands free family. Six people in cargo shorts was more than enough space for a pack of tissues, a little cash, a credit card and our tickets. That was before Magic Bands. We don't even need cargo shorts anymore! In fact, if we croak at the same time in a park, the Magic Band is the only way they could identify us! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter