Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
It's sad that we live in a time where you feel like you can't wear something just because someone else might judge you for it (even the replies on here prove that). We all have different tastes, which is a good thing or we all would be sheep. If you want to wear a fanny pack then you god damn wear one!

I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around fanny packs as an issue. I've been rocking the fanny pack since 1989 and the only time I ever think about it is when a thread pops up here. As long as I'm not tripping over or getting banged in the head by whatever it is I truly, truly, in the most unsnarky of ways don't care what anyone wears in the parks.

Does anyone over 15 or 16 really pay Disney prices and then spend the day on the lookout for fashion faux pas? If so y'all seriously need to go when I'm there. Not to brag or anything but my parks look is usually outstanding in the crimes of fashion department.

I really haven't read anyone on this thread saying they would judge anyone for wearing one.:confused3 People are saying they don't like fanny packs and the reasons why, but no one is saying that they are making fun of the people who wear them. Except the lady and her husband, but that's okay. ;)

You like them, I don't. No harm done. I would be willing to be a lot of money I have a few closet items that people would not like! :)

Someone tell this guy, the Fanny pack was never in style................
rock18f-2-web.jpg

My wife and I are way under 70 and will be visiting DW at the end of the month and she specifically bought a fanny pack for this trip. I don't begrudge her or anyone else from wearing one but I told her when we take pictures you need to slide that Fanny Pack out of the picture.

I always carry a fanny pack if I have more than what will fit in my pockets. I have shoulder problems and can't carry a purse or backpack so it is my only option. I am in my early 30s, quite small, and most people think I am in my 20s. So I am not a granny or in my 70s. However, I am not concerned about looking cool or being fashionable or about what others think of my style while I am at Disney. It does not burden me what anyone thinks. I wear what I like. I pick what is most convenient and the easiest to use. I have not had anyone make it obvious that they were laughing, insulting, or staring over the fanny pack. Nobody has ever seemed to notice or care and I have been wearing it to Disney for 10 years. They are free to dislike it privately, that is none of my concern. Most people are minding their own business anyway enjoying their family vacation and don't bother paying attention to me. The fashion opinion of a complete stranger has no value to me. If you feel you would be self conscious about it, then you might feel uncomfortable in it even if no one else is concerned about it. Choose what makes sense to you and what you are comfortable wearing!

It also came in handy at Universal. I convinced the ride attendants that it was basically a belt. They agreed with my logic and didn't make me get a locker.

Avid fanny pack enthusiast here :wave: I think if it's convenient for you, go right on ahead and wear whatever you want! If anyone is more worried about your fanny pack than their own Disney vacation, then they have wasted quite abit of money. And if anyone questions you, just show them all of the things you can expertly carry close by in your awesome bag and scoff. (No but really, you definitely won't be the only person wearing a fanny pack and honestly if it's in a muted color I doubt many people will notice you're even wearing one).

I bought a Running Buddy for our last trip. It's a glorified fanny pack that uses a magnet to hold it onto your waistband. It worked out well for the most part when it wasn't causing my shorts to fall down.

This is cracking me up. Back in June, GMA and another show I can't remember, but it was stated by a stylist (that type of show) both said the fanny pack is coming back in style. It was a few weeks apart, and GMA even had a brand name one on their steals and deals. At the time I thought, yeah right. Figured GMA at least was just pushing one of their deals. But then my very hip, young (21) and trendy, fashionista niece posted a picture of herself at a concert festival, wearing a fanny pack. And other young girls in the background had on fanny packs in several of her photos. What? Could it be true? Are fanny packs back?

No, I don't use one though.

At this point, I have to ask- where do you keep your water bottle if you only have a fanny pack or pockets? I can't imagine walking around without water handy at DLR or WDW. Especially Florida! What usually happens is I carry a small cross body bag and DH wears a backpack with the water bottles. If it weren't for the water, we could go much lighter. But I just can't imagine not having it handy while you wait in line or walk from place to place.

As a side note, I keep at Spi Belt handy in my purse everyday in case I decide to leave my purse in the trunk but can't leave epi pens in the hot car. I've also used it at work as a preschool teacher to keep my phone handy while out on the playground in case I have a situation I have to text for help. I don't consider it a fanny pack. Mine is black with giant colored spots on it. And sometimes I use it for hiking. Haven't used it in the parks.

Yes I have worn one forever and wouldn't wear anything else at Disney. Actually Disney is the only place I do wear one. I can't stand anything around my shoulders for any length of time. I wore a cross body when we went to London and Paris and my shoulders hurt every night. My husband carries a backpack and he carries my water bottle for me. My kids also carry either backpacks or drawstring bags. Imho you need to do whatever makes you comfortable to enjoy your vacation.

Enjoy The Magic!!!

Yes I have worn one forever and wouldn't wear anything else at Disney. Actually Disney is the only place I do wear one. I can't stand anything around my shoulders for any length of time. I wore a cross body when we went to London and Paris and my shoulders hurt every night. My husband carries a backpack and he carries my water bottle for me. My kids also carry either backpacks or drawstring bags. Imho you need to do whatever makes you comfortable to enjoy your vacation.

Enjoy The Magic!!!

I'll agree with this wholeheartedly. I use a crossbody bag as a purse and on vacation. I feel weird not having that feeling of a strap across my shoulder. But I can see it being an overwhelming feeling for someone not used to it. I like to wear lightweight dresses and leggings, and that usually means no pockets. So a crossbody bag is perfect for me. My son prefers a backpack, so next time I will buy him a hydration pack that'll hold a few things plus the water. I'd love to totally go bag free but with medication, electronic devices, and ID cards that we need to have on us at all times, I just don't see it happening.

I do not use a fanny pack, as I'm under 70 years old.

I travel light in the parks. Cell phone, credit card, and ID, carried in my pocket.

I'm over 70, but I never liked fanny packs even 30 years ago. I found trying to use one was very inconvenient. In everyday life I use a small crossbody ( about 4"x 6"). I pretty much carry what you do except that I usually add a twenty dollar bill. I put my stuff in my pockets at WDW or in my crossbody if not at Disney.

I have a lanyard that will hold a bottle of water. I like my hands free.

At this point, I have to ask- where do you keep your water bottle if you only have a fanny pack or pockets? I can't imagine walking around without water handy at DLR or WDW. Especially Florida! What usually happens is I carry a small cross body bag and DH wears a backpack with the water bottles. If it weren't for the water, we could go much lighter. But I just can't imagine not having it handy while you wait in line or walk from place to place.

As a side note, I keep at Spi Belt handy in my purse everyday in case I decide to leave my purse in the trunk but can't leave epi pens in the hot car. I've also used it at work as a preschool teacher to keep my phone handy while out on the playground in case I have a situation I have to text for help. I don't consider it a fanny pack. Mine is black with giant colored spots on it. And sometimes I use it for hiking. Haven't used it in the parks.

I can't speak for others but in our family we just buy bottles of water or drinks when we want them. We carry the bottles in our hands until we finish them -- which usually only takes a few minutes. We don't like warm water...and in June, it doesn't take long to warm a bottle of water. We don't feel the need to have water with us constantly. We just buy a few cold bottles every hour or two.

Last edited:
People can post all the pictures of celebrities they want, but not one of them look good in a fanny pack. They are handy and I used to wear mine in the parks, and I still would if I hadn't found something more comfortable. But as with other trends they try to make current, that one is a fail.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter