Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

Do you use a fanny pack in the parks?

• YES

Votes: 94 40.2%
  • NO

Votes: 140 59.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I haven't used a fanny pack since I carried Travelers Cheques. I have to carry insulin and glucose meter so I have to have something big enough for that. I have a Vera Bradley Disney crossover bag that is big enough for the meds and a lipstick. It's lightweight and washable.

Even though I do not like a fanny pack I don't care one bit if others use one. Do what works for you.

The "healthy back bag" KILLED my back - and I don't have back problems. A fanny pack didn't cause any pain, but it was just inconvenient getting into it to get stuff. I like being able to lift a crossbody bag up to counter level to get into it.

My favorite at Disney was not using any bag so I could just walk in thru the no bag lane. Now that I need an ECV and have to go thru security anyway I sometimes will put a backpack on the back - especially if I want to take a lunch with me if nothing in the parks appeals to me.

FYI Vera Bradley started selling bum bags or as I call them Fanny Packs recently so they appear to be back in style!

Yup every time, keep my phone , ID, and a place to put my sunglasses in when I need to...if not I would forget them on this ride or show...get it tuck under my shirt. Plus it's a lot easier than carrying a backpack..

My standard park look consists of a pony tail, Mickey Mouse ball cap, old lady capris pants, a t-shirt emblazoned with cartoon characters and a pair of little boy's Keens. Somehow I don't think the absence of a fanny pack is going to suddenly cause strangers to stop and stare in awe, stunned by my eclat and sophisticated sense of personal style.

Does anyone really care what perfect strangers wear at Disney World? I'm always far too busy looking at, well, Disney World to pay much attention to my fellow guests. Someone would probably have to be sporting a g-string and pasties to catch my eye.

I give you 4 dozen likes. :thumbsup2

I really don't give a hoot if fanny packs are in style or not. I dress for my convenience not to please the fashion police. I have always used a small fanny pack when visiting parks. I thread the straps through a couple of belt loops on my shorts so it is secure and the straps aren't rubbing against my back. I don't overload it. I only carry my phone, a rain poncho, and two small envelopes. Envelope one contains contains some cash. Envelope two contains my ID, insurance card, and a credit card. I used to keep the room key and tickets in there as well, but no longer have to thanks to magic bands.

Using a fanny pack is comfortable (unless you overload it) and super convenient. I would not go to a theme park without one.

Sometimes I use a fannypack, sometimes I use a crossbody bag, and sometimes I use my vera bradley backpack. IT depends on my mood, how long we will be in the park, and what I am bringing with me that particular day. For example: if I'm carrying a poncho and flip flops in anticipation of rain, for sure I'm carrying the backpack.

I have always used a bum bag at WDW. I have shoulder issues and cannot stand anything on them. My 14yr DD on the other hand will not wear one now so everything she needs gets dumped into hubbys backpack apart from her phone which seems to be glued to her hand. I like to have my purse safely with me and would be worried that a bag on the back can be opened without you knowing. I have never felt judged about wearing one and dont care if anyone did anyway . Its a nice kipling one with lots of pockets.

I did it! I went hands-free for the first time this trip! I wore a yesbelt running belt (empty), carried my phone through the bagless line, and stored my phone in the belt after security. It...was...amazing.

So, not a fanny pack, but maybe a 21st Century version?

I prefer a crossbody bag. I have a Dooney Haunted Mansion pouchette bag I carry if I'm not bringing my rain poncho, and an Overland Equipment Donner bag I bring if I carry the poncho. I used to go bagless and put things in my pockets, but find with the metal detectors it's easier to just hand them the small bag rather than empty pockets.

I love wearing a fanny pack to the parks. I will admit I pick my outfits carefully so the fanny pack around my waist doesn't look totally ridiculous. But it's perfect for carrying the small handful of things I bring with me, and I usually never have to take it off for rides.

I use a really small, cross-body bag by Vera Bradley (if you are a guy, this may not work as well). Just big enough for my handful of things (small disposable poncho, small sunscreen, a few motrin tablets/a couple of band aids, ID/cards, plastic bag for my phone). We get free water at quick service locations and water fountains. And, no need to take bag off for the rides; it's small and just presses down. LOVE not carrying around a big bag. We are doing the DDP, so no need to bring snacks. We consider a small backpack if we want to take extra things during cold or rainy trips... but I have my 3 littles to pass it around to :)

FYI Vera Bradley started selling bum bags or as I call them Fanny Packs recently so they appear to be back in style!

Stores are also showing super high waist "Mom Jeans" for the fall, and you won't catch me wearing them. They also tried to make onesies popular for the summer, the clearance racks are full of them. They can try and make whatever they want stylish, doesn't mean it is so.

I could care less if someone wants to wear a fanny pack or not. I myself find them uncomfortable and a bit of a hassle.

Our last trip, I used a Running Buddy pouch that I'd seen advertised on Facebook. I LOVED it. It held my phone, ID, CC/cash. That was all I needed it to hold. It's flat against your waist, your t-shirt can easily cover it, and it attaches to whatever kind of waistband you are wearing. It didn't feel cumbersome or too heavy. I have used fanny packs in the past (when they were cool in the 80's & 90's) and they'd always sag, slide around, and were never comfortable. I found the Running Buddy to be very comfortable and actually use it when we go on field trips, etc. If I need more, I'll use my Meru sling bag.

Though not my choice as it accentuates an unflattering part of my body, they are making a comeback....

upload_2017-7-24_14-24-45.png

I prefer to go with the "fanny pack for the back" route....

923_knittygrittyl_1569_general.jpg

I don't wear a fanny pack. I have two bags I use in the parks. My everyday bag is a Donner from Overland Equipment. Tons of pockets and storage but still very small and lightweight. It's durable, washable, and quick drying. If I'm going for a shorter visit and not doing water rides and no rain is in the forecast I like to carry my little Dooney & Bourke pouchette from the Princess Half Marathon. It's smaller. Enough room for phone, cards, chapstick, etc., but not for raincoat, phone charger, etc.

I don't like fanny packs because I find them uncomfortable.

I don't think posting a pic of a girl who looks like her clothes were attacked by a bunch of cats helps to prove that fanny packs are making a comeback.:rotfl2:

Or if that is fashion, I want no part of it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!