Do you use the drawers at the resorts?

DJT

DIS Veteran
My DH and I usually just live out of our luggage when staying at our resort (usually POFQ). I was wondering if others actually put their clothing in the drawers and if not, why not. If using the drawers, do you clean them first? I am taking my three grandkids (15, 14 and 11) and it would probably be easier if we used the drawers. TIA.

I do... habit from when i lived on the road (traveling job). I always unpack every ones suit case and give everyone a drawer.. except of course for my wife who puts half her stuff away and half stays in the suit case... It seems to make it easier because then i can put the bags away (back of closet or under the table..) and we get a little more elbow room which we need at our Moderate resort.

BTW, i do not clean the drawers.. good idea though...

If it's just my husband and I traveling somewhere we don't usually unpack other than to hang up dresses, suits, etc. in the closet. If we're traveling with the kids and staying somewhere more than a day or two, we unpack. I wipe down the drawers with Clorox wipes before we put anything in them. When we travel with the kids (usually 3 or 4 "kids" who are all teens/adults), there just isn't usually enough space in the room for everyone to live out of a suitcase. We *need* to unpack and put the suitcases in a closet or somewhere out of the way (especially true at Disney).

For the most part we keep everything in our suitcases and live out of those. We do bring one large suitcase that is just my daughter's princess dresses, those get hung up in the closet.

First, I do a cursory check for bed bugs. I use drawers, nest luggage pieces and put them either up in a luggage rack or on a closet shelf. I don't leave luggage on the floor if possible. There are some neat ideas for drawer cleaners and liners I'll add to my arrival process.

Never. We just hang my daughter’s dresses in the closets, but never really unpack our stuff from the suitcases.

I put the kids' clothes in drawers. But I have their outfits prepackaged in large Ziploc baggies so they can just grab and go in the morning, so I guess I only half unpack. I'm not a germaphobe or anything, but I do know where my luggage has been and what's been in it, so I'm a lot more content keeping my clothes in my luggage rather than in drawers that have been used by so many people.

My group does. We are usually at the resort for 2 weeks (split stay for 3 resorts) so at each resort, we take out enough for how many days we will be at each place. Dirty laundry goes into a plastic bag in either another drawer or back into the suitcase.

If we are there longer than a few nights, then we do use the drawers. I hate having to dig around in a suitcase to find my clothes. To me, it's just easier to separate out shorts, shirts, etc into different drawers.

If we are staying anywhere for more than a night or two I always unpack and put everything in the drawers. I find our clothes stay nicer that way and it's easier to find what I am looking for in the morning.

I do. But I pack using ziplock bags and packing cubes. One outfit per ziplock bag and other miscellaneous stuff gets sorted depending on its use and put into packing cubes. I would not put our clothing into the drawers if it weren't in bags. Or if I did, I'd wipe the drawer first with a Clorox wipe.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter