Do you use the drawers at the resorts?

We have the same ritual at any hotel we go to:
1- DH takes the kids to the pool
2-I unpack and make the hotel as "homey" as possible. I clean out the drawers with lysol wipes, hang our clothes, take out the toiletries, put away the food/beverages. I am terribly OCD and like everything just so.

I never used to, but the past few trips I have decided to unpack. I always check the drawers to make sure there's nothing nasty in them or on them, and then unpack. Then I use my suitcase as a hamper. When I unpack, I feel like I'm at home, and I don't have to keep lifting my heavy suitcase onto the bed.

My DH and I usually just live out of our luggage when staying at our resort (usually POFQ). I was wondering if others actually put their clothing in the drawers and if not, why not. If using the drawers, do you clean them first? I am taking my three grandkids (15, 14 and 11) and it would probably be easier if we used the drawers. TIA.

We always unpack. For us it makes things easier. We unpack when we get there and as we wear our clothes we fold them and put them back in the suitcase. If I do laundry during our stay I roll the suitcase over with the dirty clothes in it. If we don't then when we get the the end of the trip most of the worn/dirty clothes are packed already.

I never used to, but the past few trips I have decided to unpack. I always check the drawers to make sure there's nothing nasty in them or on them, and then unpack. Then I use my suitcase as a hamper. When I unpack, I feel like I'm at home, and I don't have to keep lifting my heavy suitcase onto the bed.

Like many people on this thread, I never used to, preferring to live out of my suitcase. But I tend to over-pack when it comes to the amount of clothes I need, so I find for stays of 3 nights or longer, it's better to use the drawers, then set up the complimentary laundry bag on a hanger, and use that throughout the stay, eventually packing the laundry bag to keep the dirty clothes separate from the clothes I ended up not using. Plus, I find I feel like it's more of a vacation (and less like one of my work trips), when I'm using the drawers and hangers and not living out of my suitcase each morning.

I use one big drawer to put stuff that otherwise would be clutter all over the table or night stand. I also put away my bathroom toiletries, tooth brushes, etc. every morning in this drawer because I want it out of the way of the housekeeping staff.
I do bring a large 30 gallon trash bag to line the drawer with. This bag later comes in handy for damp bathing suits when it's time to pack up and go home.

Yes. We use all the drawers for our clean clothing. We hang a big plastic bag for our dirty clothing.

There was a thread awhile back where some people admited that they use the drawers to store their dirty clothing. Gross! :crazy2:

We always unpack and use the drawers but have never cleaned or wiped them down before but I think we are going to start doing that. We usually have more people so living out of the suitcases would be really inconvenient unless it is a one night stay then why bother unpack at all. Then we use the suitcase as a hamper for all the dirty clothes.

I try not to think about what other people have done in the room before I was there because if I did, I don't think I would ever stay in a hotel again and that includes Disney! Most people are disgusting and housekeeping just does not have enough time to truly clean a room the way it should be cleaned, and if they did I am sure that room would cost much more then it already does. I do think it is a good idea to wipe down all hard surfaces with some sort of cleaning wipe and to check that the bedding it fresh and clean.

We don't unpack our stuff. I hang some things up and leave most of the rest of our things in the suitcases.

After reading a thread on here about how people use them for their dirty clothes it reaffirmed my decision not to use them! :D

If we are there longer than a few nights, then we do use the drawers. I hate having to dig around in a suitcase to find my clothes. To me, it's just easier to separate out shorts, shirts, etc into different drawers.

Same here.

Always. There's just not enough storage room to live out of two large suitcases (one for me, one for my husband) for a week. We were at Pop in November and loved being able to store suitcases under the bed, but it would have been annoying to have to pull them out all the time for clothes.

I generally use hotel drawers if I'm staying anywhere longer than 2 nights. I just try not to think about anything yucky potentially lurking there!

We unpack everything and put the suitcases in the car. When we stayed at POR last year we even brought a hanging organizer after reading about the lack of drawers.

I unpack what I know I will need and leave extras in the suitcase. I hate clutter so getting the suitcases put a way is better for me, if it's just a night I don't bother.

Always. As soon as I have my luggage in the room, everything comes out, put in drawers, and then the luggage is stored in the closet.
I also pack my things in ziplock bags and keep them in the bags in the drawers.

My DH and I usually just live out of our luggage when staying at our resort (usually POFQ). I was wondering if others actually put their clothing in the drawers and if not, why not. If using the drawers, do you clean them first? I am taking my three grandkids (15, 14 and 11) and it would probably be easier if we used the drawers. TIA.

Some people bring hanging shelves(they fold up & weigh nothing) and put their clothes in them and hang them in the closet.

I used to be in the never camp, but once I started doing it I can't imagine not un-packing. Like others have said I would only do this for probably 3 or more nights... not worth it to me for 1 or 2 nights. I've never cleaned the drawers out first (never occurred to me), but now after reading on here that people store their dirty clothes in them I'm going to start to, or get some cubes. :D

I also bring a collapsible hanging shelf. I use it more in the mod's/values but it takes up no room in the suitcase, and is convenient to have.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter