Do you use the drinking fountains and what is the quality of drinking fountain water?

MaC410

DIS Veteran
Kind of a weird question but I'm pretty curious about the water in the drinking fountains at Disney World. My wife and I aren't very good at drinking enough water during the day at the parks and we want to be better. We've used the water fountains at DW before but from personal observations I feel like I rarely see other people using them. Obviously (hopefully) DW isn't going to supply their guests with water unsuitable for consumption but I'm overall just curious about the quality of the water. Disney seems to be on top of things to make sure no issues happen with guest health. I feel like assuming they are pretty good with their tap/drinking fountain water but we all knows what happens when you assume.

Does anyone happen to have any knowledge about this kind of thing?

I don't know about the technical quality, but the reason I don't is the taste/temperature of the water fountain water. I do refill my bottle with ice water from CS spots, or just buy a new bottle.

We rarely use them, because as mentioned above we always get free ice water at any QS place. The ice water is filtered, so it tastes fine.

From my recollection of the fountain water, it's OK...but I'm not super picky about water "taste".

I usually have a bottle of water in my backpack. I do take my resort mug with me during the day .. it clips on my bag, and then I ask for ice all the time. just add a little of my water to it when needed. even at a sit down lunch, I ask for a glass of ice before I leave and then dump it into my mug. stays for quite a while even on a hot day. I don't drink much water so this works for me.

It's totally fine - but I am also not picky about taste. It's also not cold. But, I use it to fill my water bottles and it works just fine. (Although kind of awkward to stand there and fill a water bottle at a drinking fountain - I would be excited it Disney installed those water bottle stations you see in airports and schools!)

I supplement with cups of ice water at QS places, too.

we used the fountains all the time.
all of us made it :-)

Some of the fountains give you really cold water. The one I remember is in HS as you are going to TS land on the left of the little mermaid theater.

I like my water ice cold, but if you're not picky about temperature I think it could be fine.
Then again, I have seen kids lick these with their tongues (like really get their mouths right on the fountain with full contact), so that's kind of gross.

I generally avoid water fountains anywhere. I think many years ago there was some sort of "water fountain" scandal or what have you and I just never went back to them. I'm sure they are perfectly safe. It's just mental with me. This year we just used the QS places to get cups of ice water. Pinocchio Village House set big coolers and cups out which was even better. I wish more places in Disney would do this. That's one difference I noted about Disney and Universal. Just about every QS at Universal set out tables with beg containers of ice water. At Universal they added cut up citrus fruits and/or cucumbers to their ice water.

The water in the fountains isn't the best tasting and sometimes isn't very cold. Stick with free water at QS dining locations or bring your own.

I’ve got a friend who used a water bottle with a filter built in and said it helped with the taste. Not sure if that helps if some kid with the flu licks it though.

We really only try to use bottle water. It can get expensive but the water in Florida tastes so bad to us and smells terrible. Like sulfur? It's not as bad as it has been in the past for us but we still don't risk it. We hardly do the free water at quick service in case they also do tap water.

We've actually never asked for the ice water at a QS place. Do you all just get into line and then simply ask for ice water instead of ordering anything?

I personally have seen children "playing" with the drinking fountains (sticking their fingers in the spout to spray each other). I would be concerned about how sanitary the fountains are.

I get water from QS but also from the fountain and have never gotten sick. I have however gotten sick from the water cooler at work.

I generally avoid water fountains anywhere. I think many years ago there was some sort of "water fountain" scandal or what have you and I just never went back to them. I'm sure they are perfectly safe. It's just mental with me. This year we just used the QS places to get cups of ice water. Pinocchio Village House set big coolers and cups out which was even better. I wish more places in Disney would do this. That's one difference I noted about Disney and Universal. Just about every QS at Universal set out tables with beg containers of ice water. At Universal they added cut up citrus fruits and/or cucumbers to their ice water.

Some Disney TS do this, but I've never noticed it at QS.

We have a large Brita filtered water bottle that we always refill at the water fountains. Always tastes fine to us and the best part is not having to wait in line for it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter