Do you use the drinking fountains and what is the quality of drinking fountain water?

I use them.
Some are colder than others.
Some have less of a sulfur taste than others.
I take what I get though if I'm thirsty.
When I'm near a QS and thirsty I walk up and ask for ice water which they already have in cups behind the counter.
If you're that concerned about quality then buy bottled water, bring your own bottled water or bring a water bottle with filter.

We've actually never asked for the ice water at a QS place. Do you all just get into line and then simply ask for ice water instead of ordering anything?

You don't even have to stand in line usually, it's the counter CM's that are in charge of getting the water not the cash register CM's, so if you go to a QS and see a spot open up at the counter (there is usually at least one lane with no line), just go up and ask for however many cups of ice water you need/want.

We really only try to use bottle water. It can get expensive but the water in Florida tastes so bad to us and smells terrible. Like sulfur? It's not as bad as it has been in the past for us but we still don't risk it. We hardly do the free water at quick service in case they also do tap water.
The quick service water is filtered so it tastes just fine. And it's free, you don't even have to buy anything to get a cup of quick service icewater. In fact, you can walk right up to the place at the quick service counter where you pick up your food and ask for a cup of water. You don't have to wait in line!

I drink it all the time. If I'm thirsty and the fountain is there, I'm drinking it. I'm not finding the nearest stand to get ice water when thirst relief is right there, unless the fountain is broken (not likely) or egregiously dirty.

I have yet to get sick from it and they're generally clean. (And try to think of all the things you touch at Disney that aren't cleaned as often as drinking fountains, sinks, or toilets: hand rails, ride cars, chairs, benches, seats, doorknobs, bus seats/hand grips, the tv remote, your mattress/comforter at the hotel, etc. Not to gross anyone out, but you're not in a sterile environment anywhere at Disney... Except maybe at First Aid, and even then...)

Some fountains taste better than others, and some are colder than others, but when it's 90-100 degrees and super high humidity, I don't care. I'm hydrating however I can.

I do stop for ice water on occasion, but my personal preference is warmer/room temp water because it's easier to drink in larger quantities.

The quick service water is filtered so it tastes just fine. And it's free, you don't even have to buy anything to get a cup of quick service icewater. In fact, you can walk right up to the place at the quick service counter where you pick up your food and ask for a cup of water. You don't have to wait in line!

The water at the QS places does taste okay to me but we still try to avoid it. I just think I'm distrusting after a few bad experiences lol.

We will probably try out getting the QS water at times but I think we will still be going to the water fountains often. We carry around water bottles and like to be able to fill them up whenever we want.

I recently purchased one of the Brita water bottles(I got it as an add-on from amazon for $9). I LOVE it. Huge change in water quality. I accidentally drank some unfiltered and the starting water was disgusting- my filtered was tasteless-as water should be. I plan to bring it in every trip from now on. Right now I use it at work daily so it is getting a fair amount of use even without leaving home.

By the way, you can also get free cups of ice water at any food kiosk that has fountain drinks and snacks. I usually get it from those because the lines are shorter. The cups at some of those locations are small but you can ask for more than one cup at a time.

Use a Brita water bottle and fill it with the QS ice water refills that are free. It's cold and taste better than the water fountains( which are full of germs) and usually warm or hot. Did you ever watch people put their lips on the fountain or place there mouthpiece of their water bottles on the fountain? gross!

We use the fountains all the time. We fill our insulated cups with ice at the resort and refill with fountain water. It tastes a little weird, but totally safe! We’ve never gotten sick

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!