Do you want to build a snowman? No, I want to go to DISNEY! -- A January 2014 PTR

Rachellee413

Disney Lover/WDWCP Alumni SA '12
Hello everyone!!

I know that it's probably a bit late to start a PTR, but then I realized it's better late than never! So here it is, my 8 day countdown until I am back at Walt Disney World with my favorite people! :cool1: Some of you might think, there are only 8 days until her trip, why is she posting now?! WELL, it's because I've read a lot of PTR's and TR's in the past after lurking on the Disboards for years and I decided to make my own! :):):) I'm really excited for anyone to follow along, so let's get to the basics, shall we?

Introducing, the cast!

This is me! My name is Rachel, I'm 25 and I am originally from Kentucky! I grew up an hour north of Nashville, TN and I wouldn't have it any other way! My first trip to Walt Disney World was when I was 4 years old, thanks to my parents! They took me when I was 4, 8, and 12! I have been two times since then (1 day over spring break to DHS in March of 2010) and January 2013! I love all things Disney and I was lucky enough to complete the college program January-August 2012 as a merchandise cast member! Here are some of my Disney favorites!
Favorite Princess: Ariel, Belle, or Rapunzel in that order!
Favorite Princes: Eric or Aladdin
Favorite Movie: The Little Mermaid, The Lion King, and Frozen! It's hard for me to pick favorites!
Favorite Park: Magic Kingdom or Epcot (depending on what day you ask me!)
Favorite Rides: Space Mountain, Soarin', Haunted Mansion, and Spaceship Earth
Favorite Resort: Polynesian(I'm biased because that's where I completed my college program! I will stay there one day!)
Favorite Restaurant: 'Ohana and Be Our Guest

Next, we have my Mom! We usually vacation in Hilton Head Island because that's where we have a timeshare. However, I have joked that we need to switch to DVC. My mom has been to WDW 8 times(including the trips to see me during my CP). She had been once before my parents brought me when I was 4! Here are some of her favorites:
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Ride: Tower of Terror!
Favorite Resort: Wilderness Lodge
Favorite Restaurant: Beaches & Cream and Casey's Corner are two of her favorites!

That guy up there is my dad! He had never been to WDW before my parents took me when I was four, so he has been 6 times! Dad isn't a huge Disney fan, but he will come along for the ride!
Favorite Park: Any of them, it was hard for him to pick a favorite!
Favorite Ride: Any of them that he rides with my mom(awww) or Tower of Terror!
Favorite Resort: Couldn't pick one.

Finally, we have my DBF(Disney Boyfriend!), Joe! He's 22 and a northern boy from a suburb southwest of Chicago! We met in 2012 while we were completing our Disney College Programs! We were friends with some of the same people so we started hanging out a lot because of our Polynesian 'Ohana! His program was from January-June(spring session) while mine was from January-August(spring advantage). We have been together since May 28, 2012(19 months tomorrow!) He's an awesome guy so I'm really excited that he's able to join my parents and I on the trip!
Favorite Characters: Kermit, Stitch, and Oswald
Favorite Park: Hollywood Studios
Favorite Attraction: MuppetVision 3D
Favorite Restaurant: Sci-Fi Dine-In Theatre

So there we have the introductions! Now let's get to the details of the trip!!
Who: The Cast above (My mom, dad, boyfriend, and me!)
What: Trip to WDW! YAY! 7 days, 6 nights, 4-day park tickets w/ park hoppers and the DDP!
When: January 5-11, 2014
Where: Disney's Caribbean Beach Resort
Why: Winter is cold, my mom wanted a vacation, and I am off from grad school until January 27! Disney vacation, sure, why not?!

I am really excited to continue to post in this thread about our other plans. There are a couple of places that I'd love to try to eat at so I will do another post about that! I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter