Do you write down the confirmation number for credit card payments and other things?

dclpluto

DIS Veteran
I usually don’t write down the confirmation number when I make a credit card payment and other payments that give you a confirmation number. Do you write yours down or not? Did you ever need your confirmation number?

I used to, but rarely do anymore. Besides, most confirmation numbers are also sent to e-mail.

I've never needed to refer to a confirmation number.

Yes I do & have had to refer to just once. My bank put my payment on the wrong card. Don't know how they did that:confused3 but without the confirmation number I would have been out of luck.

If I’m paying online I leave the confirmation window open until I get the email. If I don’t get an email, I screen shot the open window. If I’m on the phone (rare) I ask them to send me an email and confirm with them I got the email. If it doesn’t show then I’ll write it down.

If I’m paying online I leave the confirmation window open until I get the email. If I don’t get an email, I screen shot the open window. If I’m on the phone (rare) I ask them to send me an email and confirm with them I got the email. If it doesn’t show then I’ll write it down.

This is pretty much exactly what I do. Or I screenshot if I think I'll need it for a quick reference (like a flight confirmation number).

Yes, I always write it down when I make a payment. I keep email confirmations in a folder for a couple of months. Have never needed it till last month. We have a car loan with a different bank than our regular bank, and after a week, the payment had still not been taken out of our account. (Despite having gotten a confirmation # 1 min after making the payment. I called and gave them the payment confirmation #, only to find out the payment had been applied to someone else's loan! :( She corrected the situation (someone had entered a 5 instead of a 4 in the account # when entering it), and all was well. So I will just keep on writing them down, just in case, lol!

Yes, we do write them down (or screenshot, or check that there is an e-mail). The last one I remember using was for something I ordered on line. A piece was missing, I e-mailed with the order number, and they fixed it very quickly.

I used to. I don't anymore, but I should resume.
The times I have tried to use a confirmation number as proof of something it failed I reserved a mini-van at Enterprise and they had none. Oh, 5 other people in line also had confirmed reservations for a mini-van.
The very nice Enterprise shuttle van driver who then took us to Hertz was honest with us during the ride. He said this location accepts all reservations without any system to ensure they will have the vehicle available at the time of your reservation, or that they even HAVE that type of vehicle.

The second time was also Enterprise, different city. Airport location in St. Louis. It is listed as a 24 hour location, and our flight came in at 830 pm. Get to the counter, it is closed, so I called the toll free number. The corporate reservation center confirmed that is a 24 hour location, and said that I may have to take the bus out to the remote location to get my car. They called their hotline and got no answer. While I was holding, the agents for the other rental car companies said Enterprise always closes at 7 pm and is not 24 hours. I got a car from another company, and the next day got a call from the manager of Enterprise at the airport wanting to know if I still wanted the car I reserved. I told her no, and asked her what happened. She said the reservation should never been accepted because they are not open that late.

No, but I usually leave the window open until I get the email with the confirmation, but even those I delete right away. I have never actually used any of these confirmation numbers.

I do. I either save the confirmation e-mail or, if it's something that doesn't provide an e-mail, I'll either copy the number or screen-shot the page and e-mail it to myself. I have a folder in my e-mail box that I file them all in. There have been a couple of times when I've needed one and I've always been able to find it.

I usually don’t write down the confirmation number when I make a credit card payment and other payments that give you a confirmation number. Do you write yours down or not? Did you ever need your confirmation number?

I do when I make the payment by phone. If I'm making the payment on my phone with Pay Pal or Email, I automatically get the confirmation in a text or email, so I don't bother.

It depends. If they send me an e-mail I'm good; but some hotels in northern Michigan don't do e-mail; then I write the conformation # down.

I used to. I don't anymore, but I should resume.
The times I have tried to use a confirmation number as proof of something it failed I reserved a mini-van at Enterprise and they had none. Oh, 5 other people in line also had confirmed reservations for a mini-van.
The very nice Enterprise shuttle van driver who then took us to Hertz was honest with us during the ride. He said this location accepts all reservations without any system to ensure they will have the vehicle available at the time of your reservation, or that they even HAVE that type of vehicle.

The second time was also Enterprise, different city. Airport location in St. Louis. It is listed as a 24 hour location, and our flight came in at 830 pm. Get to the counter, it is closed, so I called the toll free number. The corporate reservation center confirmed that is a 24 hour location, and said that I may have to take the bus out to the remote location to get my car. They called their hotline and got no answer. While I was holding, the agents for the other rental car companies said Enterprise always closes at 7 pm and is not 24 hours. I got a car from another company, and the next day got a call from the manager of Enterprise at the airport wanting to know if I still wanted the car I reserved. I told her no, and asked her what happened. She said the reservation should never been accepted because they are not open that late.

Another case where they know how to take the reservation, they just don’t know how to keep the reservation lol

Another case where they know how to take the reservation, they just don’t know how to keep the reservation lol
I worked for Budget briefly in 1979 out of college. No computers in those days to make it easy. Every afternoon we'd check our reservations for the next day, compare it with our inventory, and shuttle cars between the 5 locations to make sure everyone had what they needed the next day. That was a time when gas prices were high, so our Corollas were hot, our Thunderbirds, not so much. So usually our shuttling involved taking a T-bird to one location, and picking up a Corolla.

Yes I write down the confirmation, just in case I need to refer to it before I receive confirmation in email. Then I toss my paper confirmation.

Yes, I write them in my calendar. For example, if I've made a hotel reservation, I write the confirmation number on the day we'll be checking in. If I order something or pay a bill, I write the confirmation number on the day I placed the order.

I don't do this when I pay bills through my online banking. I have an ongoing relationship with the bank, and I know the confirmation numbers are saved on my account. But I don't have an ongoing relationship with hotels, online stores, etc. Those are the confirmation numbers I save.

Yes, I have needed confirmation numbers. Not often, but more than once.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter