• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Do your "non-believers".......

snowman

DIS Veteran
still collect autographs?

2 years ago, my nephew knew Mickey was real and he wanted every autograph he could get. Now he doesn't believe Mickey is real anymore. We are going in January and I'm not sure if he will want to collect autographs or not. He's big on the "that's too baby" or "that's what the big kids are doing" right now. So, I'm torn. I'm thinking I'll get him a book anyway and do whatever pictures feel right at the time.....just wondered how other's have handled this.

Ive read numerous times that if a child writes his address and name on a paper and hands it to the CM with the character, you will be mailed a photo. Maybe he would rather decorate his walls at home with those instead? You could have him make up business like cards, with a request on them for a photo and maybe a Disney sticker?

That way he wouldnt feel left out and he might get something in the mail? If someone could reconfirm this, that would be great. I heard about this on another post at a character breakfast.

Hope that helps.

Why not just ask him?? Ask him if he want to get the characters autographs. My kids (DD9 & DD11) are not "into" getting the autographs, but they love having their picutres taken with them.

I have asked him. He doesn't know. It depends on how he is feeling at any given moment. I suspect giving up believing in Mickey is harder for him than giving up "the other guy", as he is still very excited about doing character meals. Instead of buying an autograph book, perhaps I can have him make one.

My big kids (now 9 and 11) have always loved getting autographs. They have also never "believed." They still want the autographs!

On our last trip we didn't do autograph books. We knew we weren't going to take the time to get a lot of autographs since they already had several books apiece and we were only there for a few days. DS got a plain bright orange baseball hat at WalMart. DD got a plain bright pink hip pack. I made a small Minnie Mouse autograph blankie for the baby. They each got 8-10 autographs on their special objects, and now they have keepsakes they can actually use and enjoy.

We also have done autographs on hats or T's when the kids get bigger.They really enjoyed bringing them in to school to show after the trip. Having 6 kids we find the older ones still love to be involved in getting autographs. They can't let the little ones have all the fun!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter