"Doctor Strange said not to touch anything!" - January 2018 solo MDAS/WDW (FINISHED Sept. 4)

Thanks for the encouraging comments, guys! I'm going to try to at least start work on the next segment today, but I've been catching up on housework all weekend and still want to try to finish some things before I go back to work tomorrow. Never seem to get as much done on holiday weekends as I think I will. Weekends period, really.

:surfweb:

Had a look at the January 2019 itineraries and the deck plans of the Dream last night, btw, trying to get a feel for what I'm doing the next time out (and then had a dream about going on my next cruise and everything going wrong, because that's how my travel dreams go). I'm really hoping that the January 2020 itineraries will come out the same time as the fall 2019 ones, since I'm really leaning toward doing January again. Liked the weather, liked the break from winter, and liked the way it fit in to my overall annual schedule.

Last edited:
I haven’t read past the first post yet but I’m joining in! I just got off my first cruise on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago and booked my mom and myself for next January on the Magic. We aren’t huge Marvel people at all, but we wanted five nights (three was not long enough) and we’ve both really wanted to visit Key West for a long time, so 5-Night Bahamian with Marvel it is!

I’m also a DCP alum (only once, Spring 2012 + seasonal summer 2012) and I too have “too many” pets (3 cats)!

Really enjoying your trip report.....Twice Charmed is very underrated in my opinion! I love all the DCL stage shows but my favorites are the Golden Mickey's and Disney Dreams. The Magic is my favorite of the ships as we were on the official Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in July or 1998 and I got hooked. It was our first cruise ever, on any line and I have never looked back. We just got off the Wonder at the end of January and can't wait to go again. Prepare to have your mind blown when you do the Dream or Fantasy (I like the Fantasy better).

We did the Marvel cruise out of NYC in October and it was awesome. I really want to do a Star Wars cruise as well. When I fine my pic of our Marvel door decorations I will post.

MJ

I haven’t read past the first post yet but I’m joining in! I just got off my first cruise on the Wonder a couple of weeks ago and booked my mom and myself for next January on the Magic. We aren’t huge Marvel people at all, but we wanted five nights (three was not long enough) and we’ve both really wanted to visit Key West for a long time, so 5-Night Bahamian with Marvel it is!

I’m also a DCP alum (only once, Spring 2012 + seasonal summer 2012) and I too have “too many” pets (3 cats)!

Hi! :wave2: The good news is that if you're not crazy about Marvel, you will probably have a less exhausting Marvel Day at Sea than I did. :laughing: The atmosphere kind of permeates the ship that day, but you can always skip the characters and the special activities if you're not into it.

I did Spring 2006 and Fall 2009 -- second semester freshman year, first semester senior year. Nice and symmetrical. I was in costuming, which means I can't talk much about the specifics of my job duties (booo). As for pets, I've gone the eclectic route with a rabbit, a snake, and a dog, because apparently I needed the entire food chain living in my house.

Really enjoying your trip report.....Twice Charmed is very underrated in my opinion! I love all the DCL stage shows but my favorites are the Golden Mickey's and Disney Dreams. The Magic is my favorite of the ships as we were on the official Maiden Voyage of the Magic back in July or 1998 and I got hooked. It was our first cruise ever, on any line and I have never looked back. We just got off the Wonder at the end of January and can't wait to go again. Prepare to have your mind blown when you do the Dream or Fantasy (I like the Fantasy better).

We did the Marvel cruise out of NYC in October and it was awesome. I really want to do a Star Wars cruise as well. When I fine my pic of our Marvel door decorations I will post.

MJ

Oh wow! That's really cool about the maiden voyage! Of the shows...I think if I sailed on the Magic again, at least if it were in the next two or three years, I might skip some of them now that I've seen them. Not Twice Charmed, though. I'd definitely watch that one again. :hyper:

January 22, 2018 (part 1)
Bingo, Bongos, and Booze

And FULLY A WEEK LATER I come back to actually update this. :scared: Unfortunately, this entry will be a little lighter on photos than I'd like. In a way I feel kind of good about that, since it meant that I was too engaged with what I was doing to get my phone out every five seconds, but it doesn't make for the most visually appealing entry. I'll just do my best to keep it engaging!

When last we left off, I had ended a 37 hour day by eating a big dinner and passing the heck out almost immediately afterward. Like I'd mentioned in the last entry, I initially had a few minor misgivings about sleeping on the ship, both due to the motion of the ship and because I knew my inside stateroom would get very very dark with the lights out. I'd brought a cheap nightlight (protip: putting the nightlight in the socket behind the TV gives a bit of light without making it feel like you have a dang spotlight in the room with you), which helped me adjust to the new room for the first few nights; at home I get a fair bit of ambient light through my bedroom window and I can get a little unsettled if I wake up in a strange room and it's pitch black. I want to say the fourth night was when I stopped using it.

I almost think it was a good thing that I was so exhausted, because I had no trouble sleeping at all! I didn't set any kind of alarm, as I wanted to give my body all the rest it wanted after what I'd put it through the day before. It's strange how vivid and how fond my memory of waking up on this first sea day is when it's just a memory of waking up in darkness with the light from the hallway outlining my stateroom door. I felt wonderful. It probably helped that I didn't wake up until past 9:00. For those keeping score, that means I slept for eleven solid hours. :rolleyes:

So! My afternoon the day before had been very full, but this morning felt in a lot of ways like the real start of the trip. I turned on Good Morning Disney Magic while I got ready, which rapidly became a staple of my morning routine. I never really bothered with the TV in my room otherwise, but every morning I'd let it run on a loop the entire time I was getting ready.

IMG_3952.JPG
Back in full Marvel gear already.

I'd checked Lumiere's schedule when I first got up and decided that I'd rather take my time showering and accept that I just wasn't going to get there in time for breakfast than rush myself and start my day feeling gross. Thus: Cabanas! Holy cow, it was packed in there! Unfortunately, this was my breakfast experience through the entire cruise, since I had a marked tendency to get up late. :oops: In my defense, the time difference effectively meant that I just never adjusted my internal clock. Going to bed at midnight and waking up at 9:00 meant keeping my normal sleep schedule, which would be about 10:00 to 7:00 in Mountain time.

IMG_3953.JPG
No vegetables this time. :sad2:

My only pre-scheduled activity for the day was Mixology at 2:00; other than that I was free to go where the DCL app took me. I'd budgeted for one (1) Bingo session on this cruise, and the first Bingo session was coming up at 10:45 in Fathoms, so -- hey, why not?

IMG_3956.JPG
Looks like I stopped at the Cove Cafe for a latte first!

I sat alone for this session, in the last row of the front seating section. I really enjoyed how lively Bingo was; I'm sure it helps that I'm way more tickled than I should be by really bad puns and jokes. The "bongos" part of this entry's title, by the way, comes from the opening talk about rules and what turns a "bingo" into a "bongo," and "bongos mean no money!"

This first time I just got one of the machines that plays for you, no paper punch cards; while I enjoyed the jokes and had a really exciting few minutes in which I almost won a round, not following along on a paper card made it a little less engaging than it could have been.

IMG_3959.JPG
Our Bingo Host, Tim, seen here in Blur-O-Vision.

Midway through the Bingo session the cruise staff made an announcement to remind everyone that there would be a Cruisin' Solo Lunch in Lumiere's at 12:15, hosted by one of the cruise staff crew members. Guess Bingo is a good place to catch solo cruisers, because there were two of us in the room -- the other was a nice woman I'll call "D" who was on the first half of a pair of back to back cruises. I ended up chatting with her as Bingo came to a close. With only about half an hour to kill once we parted ways, I just wandered around the ship a bit, taking the long way through Deck 6 to look at door decorations, among other things.

IMG_3962.JPG
I think this one wins for most magnets. Also, there's a Deadpool Mickey!! :hyper:

Going off the order of the pictures in my phone, I think I must have gone to my stateroom, gone to the top decks, then gone back to my stateroom again before lunch. :laughing: I can be a bit scattered about going back and forth all over the place if I don't have a firm plan in mind.

IMG_3964.JPG
Anyone know what this space is? :confused3

Edit: Identified by bellebookworm9 - it's the crew pool!

IMG_3965.JPG
A quiet pool.

IMG_3966.JPG
A less quiet pool.

I got back to my stateroom to discover that my stateroom host, Jerron, had come by and tidied all the junk I'd left on the couch. :oops:

IMG_3967.JPG
Nice, tidy clutter.

I also discovered that I had fish mail! Seriously, the fish next to the doors are just the cutest way of delivering messages to guests. Love it.

IMG_3969.JPG
Bad news? Not as much as you'd think.

In all honesty, when I got the notice that the SCUBA excursion I'd booked for the next day was cancelled, my strongest feeling was one of relief. I had chosen beginners' SCUBA because I had enjoyed learning to SCUBA dive back in college, but since then I haven't kept up my certification because I don't have the time or money to pursue it. Though it's been quite a while, I think it would only take me a minute or two to feel right at home underwater again, so it wasn't that I had any trepidation about the dive itself. It was more that I felt reluctant to hold myself to a schedule and go through all the fuss of an excursion when I was having such a good time taking things easy on the ship. I immediately made the decision not to book a replacement excursion, and felt much lighter and freer for it.

I don't have any pictures from lunch, once again because I don't think it's polite to photograph my food when I'm lunching with new acquaintances. The Cruisin' Solo Lunch was the only time I lunched in Lumiere's (why, self, why, it was such a good lunch). I had a burger that I want to say had lamb blended with the beef, and it was quite good, but a bit heavy for such a low-impact day. The lunch was hosted by a cruise staff member named Derrell; other than myself, "D" attended, and shortly after we'd started a woman with her father and her teenage son joined us as well (so...not solo cruisers, but they were fun to talk to!). We had a lively conversation throughout, and finished up at maybe 1:50 or 1:55. Stuffed full, I happily tottered off to resume wandering the ship, as I didn't have anywhere to bE EXCEPT OH SNAP I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT MIXOLOGY.

(continued below)

Last edited:
January 22, 2018 (part 1)
Bingo, Bongos, and Booze (continued)

Fortunately, I remembered where I was supposed to be just as I was pulling up the DCL app to figure out where to go next. :laughing: I scurried back to my room and grabbed my ticket (those long tickets for onboard activities didn't fit comfortably in my pockets and I don't like carrying a bag, so I always left them clipped to the inside of my door with magnets until I needed them). I speed-walked to Keys, presented my ticket, and was soon seated with three new drinking buddies at a table for four.

IMG_3970.JPG
Dem dranks

I enjoyed the class, enjoyed our bartender's anecdotes about how he'd learned what he knows now, and actually came away knowing a couple new things about how mixed drinks are made. I don't think I'm ready (or inclined) to start mixing my own, but it was definitely interesting. Also, I was very pleased that before we started at all our bartender/teacher preemptively asked after food allergies and had his assistants go out to each of us who raised our hands and get details to be sure everyone got safe drinks. It turned out it wouldn't have been an issue for me regardless given the drinks he'd selected/prepared, but I was glad it was addressed first thing because I'd been concerned that there might be drinks made with Coke or Sprite and that I'd have to skip them to avoid stomach upset (high fructose corn syrup will ruin my day very very quickly).

IMG_3971.JPG
I wish I remembered this guy's name; he was good.

I think my one criticism is that it was a little confusing what you were supposed to take from the table right away (the champagne cocktails in the stem glasses, above) versus the stuff you were supposed to leave alone until much later in the class (the mojito fixings, i.e. everything else). Several people drank their shots of rum ahead of time instead of saving them for the mojitos. Not me, though. :littleangel: I only tasted it...a couple times.

After the champagne cocktails was a Cosmopolitan. I hadn't had one before and it turns out they're not going to be a favorite of mine.

IMG_3972.JPG
It pink!

Most of the drinks came pre-mixed and he would just tell us about how they were made, demonstrate techniques, and occasionally have a volunteer stand up and make one or two drinks (they couldn't take anyone behind the bar because you have to pass through what's technically a backstage area to get there).

IMG_3973.JPG
I have no idea what this was but it was fruity and nice.

We did make our own mojitos, though, and it was messy but very satisfying. He kept telling us that they'd be the best mojitos we'd ever tasted because we'd made them ourselves, and I kept thinking "haha, sure, that's nice" and then I tasted it and dang, he was right, it was the best mojito I've ever tasted. Fancy that.

IMG_3974.JPG
Of course, maybe it helped that I was already three drinks in. :tongue:

Finally, they brought out what instantly became a new favorite of mine: a B-52.

IMG_3975.JPG
Gorgeous.

It's a delightfully frivolous little drink made of Kahlua, Bailey's, and Grand Marnier. I'd almost feel bad ordering it in a bar (I'd definitely feel bad if the bar was at all busy), because in the demonstration it became very clear very quickly that these little shots take a good deal of time and care to make. Apparently our bartender had spent half an hour making enough of them for our class ahead of time! And then, of course, you're supposed to shoot it, all in one go, so its pretty look is very fleeting.

After Mixology, I really was teetering all over the place -- and that was with a big lunch right beforehand! Later I'd joke with other people I ran into around the ship about how obvious it is when Mixology lets out and a bunch of people go stumbling into the elevators and struggle to push the right buttons. For my part, I headed outside and collapsed into a deck chair on nice, cool Deck 4, feeling pleasantly sleepy and adrift, to stare at the ocean and try to regroup and decide what to do with myself next.

IMG_3976.JPG
Look, everyone takes at least one feet-on-lounger photo on a cruise.

While that does put us more than halfway through this sea day, I'm going to call it quits for the night since it's getting late and I'd like to be able to both post this entry tonight and get a decent night's sleep. Hopefully the next part will come a little quicker!

Next up: No Time for Naptime

Last edited:

View attachment 305220
Anyone know what this space is? :confused3

Stuffed full, I happily tottered off to resume wandering the ship, as I didn't have anywhere to bE EXCEPT OH SNAP I'M SUPPOSED TO BE AT MIXOLOGY.
That is the crew pool, found only on the Magic and Wonder.
Thank you for making me laugh out loud with this last sentence.

OK, I'm all caught up now, so I'll summarize my thoughts!

*Holy flight fiascos, Batman! I would have been a mess!

*I've been that awkward person freshening up in the airport bathroom. Two weeks ago at MCO, in fact. I left my house at 5am PST for the drive to Vancouver airport. My flight left at 8:40am PST and landed at 4:35pm EST. All I wanted wash to put on some shorts and brush my teeth by that point, funny looks or not!

* I appreciated the pics of the Miami terminal, now I know what to expect next year. I totally understand the feeling of that dinky glass connector thing between the terminal and the gangway. Side note: the Miami terminal spits you out into DECK FOUR?! What the heck?! That totally eliminates the wow factor of entering into the lobby atrium from Deck 3!

* Cabanas on the Wonder did have real handwashing stations outside, as well as wipes. The MDR restaurants just had wipes. Interesting that Magic doesn't have that.

* I have considered cruising solo. I have traveled to Disney World solo many times. My mom and I will be a party of two next year. And as a VERY strong introvert, I have no worries about tablemates or chatting with people when I'm in "The Disney Bubble." You automatically have something in common with those people, so that's always helpful!

* I'm honestly a little curious about your tablemate and the crew member she was there visiting. Not the specifics of who they were, but just the logistics. When you're a CM at the parks, you can take time off to visit your family and bring them in. I imagine for the crew, it's not that simple. So basically I'm wondering did she just go hang out wherever her crew member was working that day or do they get some time off to visit family if they know they'll be on board?

*I think our Marvel Day will be spent at the Spa and the adult pool and maybe watching a movie or two, with dinner at Palo - the Marvel dinner menu doesn't appeal to me at all.

* Totally, totally feel you on the time difference problem. I used to live in New York, and I traveled to Disneyland a few times, which I loved time wise. Oh, 7am park opening? No problem. This time, coming from Washington, was horrible. And because it was such a short vacation, by the time I just started to adjust, it was time to go back again! My internal clock was so screwy for the following week and it made me very cranky.

Last edited:

This week has given me some exciting news about future trips. After mulling it over for a long time, I finally invited my housemate to come with me on my next cruise and she's really excited about the idea. I had super enjoyed cruising solo, but when I imagine sharing it with her I think that's going to be a lot of fun, too! We had a great time together in Disneyland last fall even though it seemed like a trip designed to make us hot, tired, and cranky. We're still looking at late 2019 or January 2020; my preference is still for the latter even though it means fewer options.

The really exciting news, though, is that as of today I've decided on the itinerary for my solo trip to Disneyland Paris and to London this November. Tomorrow I'll be getting the ball rolling on making actual arrangements, and I am so excited. I've been planning that trip since 2015; I'd meant to go last fall but ended up doing Disneyland instead for financial reasons (tbh airline miles are the only reason I can swing it this year instead of having to wait again). :hyper:

That is the crew pool, found only on the Magic and Wonder.
Thank you for making me laugh out loud with this last sentence.

:tongue:

OK, I'm all caught up now, so I'll summarize my thoughts!

*Holy flight fiascos, Batman! I would have been a mess!

*I've been that awkward person freshening up in the airport bathroom. Two weeks ago at MCO, in fact. I left my house at 5am PST for the drive to Vancouver airport. My flight left at 8:40am PST and landed at 4:35pm EST. All I wanted wash to put on some shorts and brush my teeth by that point, funny looks or not!

I was a mess! I tend to bounce back pretty well from exhaustion if I choose to keep pushing through...at least, until it's all over and I suddenly collapse with illness for a week. Brushing teeth is a good idea; next time I may put my toothbrush and toothpaste in my carry-on so I can. It's awkward (especially since I had to wait and change in one of the bathrooms outside of security, after I'd picked up my bag), but I felt so much better just from being in new clothes.

* I appreciated the pics of the Miami terminal, now I know what to expect next year. I totally understand the feeling of that dinky glass connector thing between the terminal and the gangway. Side note: the Miami terminal spits you out into DECK FOUR?! What the heck?! That totally eliminates the wow factor of entering into the lobby atrium from Deck 3!

I can see how it'd be a bigger "wow" on deck 3; as it was it felt like they just had us snaking back and forth around the walkways as we boarded. I didn't know to expect any different, though.

* Cabanas on the Wonder did have real handwashing stations outside, as well as wipes. The MDR restaurants just had wipes. Interesting that Magic doesn't have that.

I wonder if it's one of the changes they'll make in drydock.

* I have considered cruising solo. I have traveled to Disney World solo many times. My mom and I will be a party of two next year. And as a VERY strong introvert, I have no worries about tablemates or chatting with people when I'm in "The Disney Bubble." You automatically have something in common with those people, so that's always helpful!

This was one of the easiest solo trips I've done. I think that doing the Disney College Program really improved my confidence for going it alone, since I spent a lot of my days off solo in the parks and it just stopped being something that intimidated me at all. There's still that little bit of nervousness for me in doing something new, but once I got over my brief misgivings I had a great time on my own.

* I'm honestly a little curious about your tablemate and the crew member she was there visiting. Not the specifics of who they were, but just the logistics. When you're a CM at the parks, you can take time off to visit your family and bring them in. I imagine for the crew, it's not that simple. So basically I'm wondering did she just go hang out wherever her crew member was working that day or do they get some time off to visit family if they know they'll be on board?

I think it depends on what the crew member does onboard. We did talk about this a bit. Some crew members get privileges others don't in terms of being able to use the guest spaces when family is visiting and they're not on shift. I think depending on what job they do it can be much easier or much harder to arrange.

Edit: This was actually a brief topic at the Solo lunch, too, because we got to talking a little bit about shared experiences re: working on the ship and doing the College Program (I'd mentioned that because I'd been a backstage CM, I wasn't even supposed to go out onstage at all in my work outfit except under a few very specific circumstances). It turns out hosting lunch and coffee meets is one of very few times some CMs are able to eat in the MDRs, and they're assigned to it on rotation. So...attend those! Let the CMs have a nice lunch! And talk to them; they're very interesting people.

*I think our Marvel Day will be spent at the Spa and the adult pool and maybe watching a movie or two, with dinner at Palo - the Marvel dinner menu doesn't appeal to me at all.

I'll be honest, even as a Marvel fan I thought that the Marvel menu was the weakest one they offered in terms of the actual food. Really fun theming and all, but the dinner itself just wasn't as impressive as the other nights -- but it could be that I just ordered the wrong thing and other menu items are better. Good idea on the movies (I had a really hard time fitting any movies in, even though there was one in particular I was dead set on seeing on the ship)...but they may be mostly Marvel movies that day.

* Totally, totally feel you on the time difference problem. I used to live in New York, and I traveled to Disneyland a few times, which I loved time wise. Oh, 7am park opening? No problem. This time, coming from Washington, was horrible. And because it was such a short vacation, by the time I just started to adjust, it was time to go back again! My internal clock was so screwy for the following week and it made me very cranky.

Yepp, I know that feel. This was the first time I've gone to Florida on vacation and not been slammed by jet lag the first morning I woke up there. In a way I regretted a little that I was never awake for the sunrise (or for a less hectic breakfast), but on the other hand there were always things I wanted to do later at night and it was refreshing to be able to keep my normal schedule.

Last edited:
I just am joining in on this! I enjoy solo travel but have never even considered a solo cruise! The rest of my family/friends all seem pretty bored by the idea of a Disney Cruise so i'm thinking solo could be the way to go someday- seems like you had an awesome time thus far!

I'm really enjoying your TR, so glad you're sharing it. As other PPs have mentioned, your writing style is very engaging and amusing.

Hopefully after Paris DL you'll write that up, too!

Tim was such a fun bingo caller...he and my DH had a little ribbing going back and forth (for the entire cruise) since they attended rival universities (cough...decades apart).

I've learned to always travel with toothbrush/paste and a change of clothes...it just makes life easier if there are luggage problems to feel clean :)

I am also enjoying your TR and just realized (as I am new to Disboards) that the next segment was not yet available (written?) DH, DDs, and I are booked for an eastern Carribbean on the Fantasy in September. We were actually booked on the Fantasy for the same cruise last year, but Hurricane Irma kind of threw a wrench into those plans. This will be the first cruise for our DDs but DH and I honeymooned on the Carnival Fantasy almost 28 years ago! Oh, and he ask me out for the first time (the previous year) on a day/evening cruise. Anyway, thank you for the all of the good info and the laughs. Hope to read more soon.

Jumping in to ask where in Montana are you? DH and I met in Missoula wayyyyyy too many years ago. I still have a grizzly flag in my garden even though we wound up back home in the midwest.

Loving your report!

I just am joining in on this! I enjoy solo travel but have never even considered a solo cruise! The rest of my family/friends all seem pretty bored by the idea of a Disney Cruise so i'm thinking solo could be the way to go someday- seems like you had an awesome time thus far!

I thought the cruise was a really wonderful way to travel solo! It seemed like half the entertainment staff had learned my name within a day, and I was never at a loss for something to do (or a place to go for quiet time whenever that was what I wanted). I think the next cruise is going to be fun in a different way with my housemate along, but I certainly don't regret cruising alone, and if she decides she doesn't want to come along every time, I'll almost certainly go solo again later on rather than stop going.

I'm really enjoying your TR, so glad you're sharing it. As other PPs have mentioned, your writing style is very engaging and amusing.

Hopefully after Paris DL you'll write that up, too!

Tim was such a fun bingo caller...he and my DH had a little ribbing going back and forth (for the entire cruise) since they attended rival universities (cough...decades apart).

I've learned to always travel with toothbrush/paste and a change of clothes...it just makes life easier if there are luggage problems to feel clean :)

Hopefully! As you can see I've been slow on this one, but I do like recapping, especially when it was a solo experience. I feel a bit awkward when I think about writing up a report for a shared trip because then the trip isn't entirely "mine" and I feel weird writing about my traveling companion(s). Since the DLP trip is going to be another solo, though, the only obstacle will be finding the time to write. I can make a ping list if people are interested in being alerted when that report goes up.

In future I've got to be more careful about packing my carry-on when I've got a checked bag. I had a change of clothes in my carry-on, but because I'd brought too many books and things to keep me busy on the plane I didn't have space to put any sandals in there, so if I hadn't gotten my checked bag right away I would have been miserable going on wearing the tennis shoes I'd had on for a full day and night. I brought too many "keep busy" items in general because I was worried I'd have downtime on the ship I'd want to fill with books and coloring and whatever, and then of course I barely touched any of it on the trip.

I am also enjoying your TR and just realized (as I am new to Disboards) that the next segment was not yet available (written?) DH, DDs, and I are booked for an eastern Carribbean on the Fantasy in September. We were actually booked on the Fantasy for the same cruise last year, but Hurricane Irma kind of threw a wrench into those plans. This will be the first cruise for our DDs but DH and I honeymooned on the Carnival Fantasy almost 28 years ago! Oh, and he ask me out for the first time (the previous year) on a day/evening cruise. Anyway, thank you for the all of the good info and the laughs. Hope to read more soon.

Hello and welcome! Yeah, I just haven't written it yet; I can be a bit slow when I have a big(ish) project to tackle, and it always takes longer than I think it will to write each section when I do get to it.

Jumping in to ask where in Montana are you? DH and I met in Missoula wayyyyyy too many years ago. I still have a grizzly flag in my garden even though we wound up back home in the midwest.

Loving your report!

I'm in Great Falls; I moved here as an adult for a "temporary" job almost half a decade ago and show no signs of budging. It's not the prettiest city in Montana, and I get why people give it a lot of flak (though we're not the butt of as many jokes as Butte), but I seem to have acquired a taste for it. I spend a long weekend in Missoula with friends every year, and that area is really nice (though I hate driving in Missoula).

Hi! Joining in. I am interested in your solo cruising experience - I was strongly considering going solo on the 2018 DVC cruise.

I'm in Great Falls; I moved here as an adult for a "temporary" job almost half a decade ago and show no signs of budging. It's not the prettiest city in Montana, and I get why people give it a lot of flak (though we're not the butt of as many jokes as Butte),

DH went to Great Falls HS, his dad was in the air force and his last posting was in Great Falls. My roommate freshman year was from Butte, I got to see it in the dead of winter when I went home with her for Thanksgiving break. An experience I will never forget. If we won the lottery I'd seriously argue to summer in MT, but snowbird in the winter time. I miss the temperate summers but no way could I handle the winter.

sorry for the hijack, looking forward to the rest of the trip.

Love this trip report! Looking forward to going on our first cruise in June 2019 with two toddlers in tow. I'm a bit envious of your solo trip. I can't wait to read the next section!

When last seen, you were laid out on a deck chair after mixology. What happened next? What did Dr. Strange tell you not to touch?

When last seen, you were laid out on a deck chair after mixology. What happened next? What did Dr. Strange tell you not to touch?

It was all a nefarious plan put together by Hydra to prevent me ever finishing this trip report and warning you about the dangers posed to the free world --

*ahem*

So, funny story, I put it on my monthly goals to completely finish this report in April because I felt it was going too slowly, and having written it down as a Thing To Do seems to have lulled me into a false sense of security re: actually doing it and suddenly two thirds of the month are gone. I won't make excuses; it's been busy around home but it's always busy around home and I need to make time for the things I mean to accomplish. I finally gathered my notes and Navigators back up last night, and since tonight's looking to be a night in I'm hopeful I'll have something up this weekend. Think it's a bit unrealistic to still expect to finish the whole thing by the 30th, but I do need to start moving on it again regardless.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!