"Doctor Strange said not to touch anything!" - January 2018 solo MDAS/WDW (FINISHED Sept. 4)

I'd researched ahead of time to figure out where I could get a hot breakfast, so I headed straight over to Africa and got in line at Kusafiri Coffee Shop. I'd never even noticed this was here; sometimes I think Disney themed the quick service counters in Animal Kingdom a little too well and made them look a little too much like holes in the wall!

View attachment 348500

I snagged an iced coffee (so I could drink it quickly) and a breakfast burrito with goat cheese.

View attachment 348501

The flavor of the burrito was good, but it could have used more texture -- pieces of potato, maybe, something to give you something to really bite into. As it was, it was just an egg and cheese mixture and soft throughout.

View attachment 348502

I'd read that the goat cheese breakfast burrito at Kusafiri also has spinach and sausage. Which would give it more texture. Did they change it up or was there more than once choice?

I loved reading your report and glad you had a good time! Have fun in Disneyland Paris, and feel free to ask any questions!

Thank you!

I'd read that the goat cheese breakfast burrito at Kusafiri also has spinach and sausage. Which would give it more texture. Did they change it up or was there more than once choice?

It's possible I may be misremembering at this point, but I'm pretty sure it was the only version on the menu -- and yeah, that was why I expected it to have more texture than it did. I think the ingredients were so finely chopped that it didn't really make a difference.

I cant even tell you how much I have enjoyed reading your trip report. I found it late, so luckily I didnt have to wait months on end with anticipation for the updates.:teeth:.... And I found myself sad when it came to the end. You have a great writing style and I thank you so much for taking the time to write such a thorough and enjoyable report. :thanks:

I enjoyed reading your report. My DD is a freshman in college this year and has joined the Disney Club there and is hoping to apply to the Disney College Program next year.

Thanks so much for this trip report. I really enjoyed it - your writing style was great, it was informative and funny all at the same time!!

The reason I wanted to read the report is because my 11 year old son and I are going on the MDAS cruise on 3/8 - the day Captain Marvel comes out!!!! It will be our 10th DCL cruise -we will be platinum after the cruise - and the Magic is my favorite ship, but our first themed cruise so I am very excited as I am really in to Marvel lately.

And the the Disney trip report was an added bonus!! We are going to WDW the weekend of Nov. 9th and hopefully going on the Avatar rides for the first time. I grew up in Orlando and while I was never a cast member, several of my family members were, including my father, so I went often as a child. Later, while I still lived in Orlando and my oldest son was little, we started buying annual passes and my mom and I would take him to WDW once or twice a week - except for the summer because that is way too freaking hot!! We have annual passes this year, so I am trying to go often to get my money's worth.

Although I am not technically going solo on my cruise, my husband has only ever done one DCL cruise with us, and so I feel like I am solo a lot of the time on the cruises. My kids go off to the kids club and don't always want to do what I want to do. But my 11 year old son is a big Marvel fan like myself so I hope we will spend a great day bonding and geeking out on the MDAS. He definitely wants to dress up- he told me today his wish in life is to go to a convention and do Cosplay (is that how you spell it?), so I told him after Halloween we'll go look for some discount costumes and dress up together on the cruise. I normally wouldn't do that on my own but if it makes him happy I would do it!

:lmao:Stephen, I get that that worked really well for you with Kaecilius and his zealots, but believe it or not the Dark Dimension is not actually your personal garbage disposal for antagonists!

Very late to reading this but just wanted to say thanks for the laughs... great review and pics... and I love Doctor Strange too!! I love your costume - and the quote above made me laugh out loud - hahahahahah....

Thanks for sharing. Did all four parks not too long ago, when we were younger, in our seventies now. Enjoying cruising now and still the parks.

I just found your report and have read it from start to finish. Your adventures as a solo on The Magic are just what I was looking for. I'm booked on The Magic for a solo European cruise in 2020. I'm a regular solo in Disneyland California so like you I'm trying other branches of the Disney experience.

I love that you went to WDW after the cruise, thats a dream of mine to combine a cruise with a parks visit, maybe someday.

Thanks for showing that solos can have a just as a great time on the Disney cruise as groups / couples / families :) Its all about being open to new experiences and not limiting yourself just because you are solo :)

thanks for sharing

when you travel solo, you pay for 2 people--because the minimum booking is 2 people per cabin reservation

Is that still in effect?

Thank you to everyone for your kind replies! I do read and appreciate them. :goodvibes

thanks for sharing

when you travel solo, you pay for 2 people--because the minimum booking is 2 people per cabin reservation

Is that still in effect?
Yup! At least as of when I took this trip, base price is the same for one traveler as for two; the only difference is you'll pay $100-200 less in port fees than you would if you actually had a traveling companion. The folks on the general DCL board can probably answer questions about current rules and things better than I can, though, since I haven't kept up on DCL matters too much lately.

Just read through some of this after bumping into you in another thread and Marvel fans for the win! I'll have to get through the rest of it soon because I'm insanely jealous of all those character meets!

Thanks for sharing it was a great read! I’m doing my first cruise ever on the Magic with a MDAS this coming January. This was a very relevant read thanks again for writing it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter