Documents for children to get back on ship at port

mrsgthatsme

Mouseketeer
I know that as an adult, we need to show a photo ID (DL, Passport, etc...) to get back on the ship after getting of at a port for an excursion. However, just wondering what documents children need. Planning to leave passports in the safe and just take copies off the ship, but since the kids don't have another photo ID, wondering what they need to reboard at ports. Thank you!

just the KTTW card for kids under 18, and they must board with an adult who is staying in the same stateroom, unless you fill out the form on the ship to let another adult take them ashore. Teens that go ashore with kids club CMs (Edge and Vibe) on CC do not need to have the adult with them though.

I think it can depend on the port. If my memory serves me correctly, at one Alaska Port, we needed to show the kids' passports too. I just remember carrying them in my backpack all day because we needed them to re-board. Normally we leave them in the safe and carry a photocopy.

Also, my teens just reminded me, that at many eastern and western ports, they were allowed to board without an adult present. I know getting off of the ship they had to have the adult with them, but getting back on they could do alone

If you're at a port where you need to take your passports, kids will need their passports, too. (In my experience, they announce several times that you need your passport AND make you show it when you're meeting for your excursion/deboarding).

Otherwise, ID is just needed for grownups.

I think it can depend on the port. If my memory serves me correctly, at one Alaska Port, we needed to show the kids' passports too. I just remember carrying them in my backpack all day because we needed them to re-board. Normally we leave them in the safe and carry a photocopy.

Really? We did Alaska last year and did not have to show our passports for our children at any port, just their KTTW card. Were you on one of the special itineraries (like Icy Strait point, etc)? How odd lol

Really? We did Alaska last year and did not have to show our passports for our children at any port, just their KTTW card. Were you on one of the special itineraries (like Icy Strait point, etc)? How odd lol
I think some of the excursions require a passport. We didn't need to take ours off either a few years ago.

I think some of the excursions require a passport. We didn't need to take ours off either a few years ago.
Yes, definitely the train that goes into the Yukon will require a passport. We didn't do the train (it was on my list but my dh and kids overruled me lol)

Kids of any age can get back on the ship without an adult being present. They just can't leave the ship with anyone but a person from their stateroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter