Does Alamo @Dolphin Hotel pick you up at your resort?

Rebecca Pocahontas

Mouseketeer
I know that the Car Center near Polynesian picks you up at your hotel, but I cannot find any information on the WDW website listing if they pick you up at the resort for the Dolphin car rental.

For when I am looking to rent the car it is at least $20 cheaper to rent from the Alamo at the Dolphin.

I know that the Car Center near Polynesian picks you up at your hotel, but I cannot find any information on the WDW website listing if they pick you up at the resort for the Dolphin car rental.

For when I am looking to rent the car it is at least $20 cheaper to rent from the Alamo at the Dolphin.
Not that I know of. We had to walk over from EPCOT that day.

You can also check the prices at the Alamo/National desk at the Hilton Buena Vista Palace. That hotel is across the street from the Marketplace section of Disney Springs.

Using the Measure Distance tool on Bing Maps, the approximate walking distance from Disney's Hollywood Studios to the Walt Disney World Dolphin is 4,820 feet (1,470 meters). The approximate walking distance from the Disney Springs bus loop to the Hilton Buena Vista Palace is 3,880 feet (1,180 meters).

Personally, +/- 1,000 feet isn't going to sway me either way. But, if you want or need to go to Disney Springs the day you're picking up the car, that makes your decision easy.

That said, try rechecking the rates periodically. Rental car rates fluctuate greatly. In my experience, the three Alamo/National locations on Disney World property are usually priced the same. (They are all run by the same management team.) It's possible that the rates will equalize the next time the software runs the pricing algorithms.

Pop Century Resort

If you could at all plan your pick up after you've been to a park or DS, you could go direct from park to Dolphin for pick up. Also, from DHS you can boat to Dolphin. No need to walk unless you really want to but the walk from EP to Dolphin is shorter than DHS to Dolphin.

We are staying at Boardwalk and we’re considering getting car rental early one day and dropping it same night at 11:00. That way we can go to downtown universal and do other things that day without ubering all day. Someone told me WDW to Universal is about $20 one way per Uber. As anyone used car rental at dolphin? Do they accept normal coupons for Alamo? How does late drop off work?

Okay, based on this thread alone, yes,people have rented from Alamo at the Dolphin :D

The location may or may not accept coupons, depending primarily on the coupon conditions.

You return the car to the Valet after hours.

Okay, based on this thread alone, yes,people have rented from Alamo at the Dolphin :D

The location may or may not accept coupons, depending primarily on the coupon conditions.

You return the car to the Valet after hours.
I start my trip at the poly but end at boardwalk. When I put CCC in for pick up and drop off Dolphin the price doubles for the week! So either I check in to poly and head over to dolphin on a bus just to return it at end of trip or have CCC pick me up and drop me off. I was kind of looking forward to arriving at poly and enjoying the morning. Any ideas which place is more efficient and better to book with? We have never stayed on Disney for the whole trip - this is our first time. We’ve done a couple days on and then off property. We have never been without a car and was going to do buses but everything I read say that they are horrible.

I start my trip at the poly but end at boardwalk. When I put CCC in for pick up and drop off Dolphin the price doubles for the week! So either I check in to poly and head over to dolphin on a bus just to return it at end of trip or have CCC pick me up and drop me off. I was kind of looking forward to arriving at poly and enjoying the morning. Any ideas which place is more efficient and better to book with? We have never stayed on Disney for the whole trip - this is our first time. We’ve done a couple days on and then off property. We have never been without a car and was going to do buses but everything I read say that they are horrible.
I don't think this is an inefficient system!! I guess we are all different.
We find the busses fine as well. It is like an urban transportation system. Yes you may wait 15 - 20 minutes, but we find it much better than driving, parking, taking a tram to a gate etc.

I would skip the car. If you find you absolutely hate using Disney transportation you can always use Uber or taxis to get around.

Thanks. I know we plan on going to Disney Spring a lot and wasn't sure how great buses are from Boardwalk to Disney Springs. Also, does polynesian have a bus that goes right to Typhoon Lagoon?

I don’t find the buses bad, but then again we’ve never rented a car 😆. We have to rent on our upcoming trip for a couple days to go to NASA, So I’m trying to educate myself on where to rent from.

Buses are not horrible.
Can there be a horrible experience? Yes. But that does not equate to buses being horrible.
Because seriously, who gets on a computer and reports, all things are running as normal? No one. But who gets on a computer to yell and rant over a bad experience? Most everyone.

Thanks. I know we plan on going to Disney Spring a lot and wasn't sure how great buses are from Boardwalk to Disney Springs. Also, does polynesian have a bus that goes right to Typhoon Lagoon?
Actually, DS is the one place with generally poor bus service. We opt to use Uber when we go to DS, or only go when we are at PO resort (we don't go to DS most trips, not a shopping fan). It never fails that we have long trips to and from DS. So many stops when staying at BWI.

So the Alamo at CCC will pick you up at hotel- we are at Contemporary? Much cheaper renting there and return to MCO ($150 less)

So the Alamo at CCC will pick you up at hotel- we are at Contemporary? Much cheaper renting there and return to MCO ($150 less)
Yes. That’s a big savings. They must anticipate a number of cars being dropped off that they want to get to the airport location. I frequently find that airport pickup and return are less expensive, but usually hope the CCC or Dolphin rates are at least competitive for the added convenience of not having to take DME out to MCO just to pick up a car when we rent for our additional travels after a WDW stay. The WDW onsite locations do have the advantage of not charging quite as high a facility charge for their rentals.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter