• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Does anybody have a kid with Spina Bifida

MyGoofyfamilyandme

Yeah I'm Trying to Earn my Ears.
Hi i have a 2 yr old with SPina Bifida and i was wondering if there was anyone else who has it or has kids that have it that went to Disney she can walk on her own she wears braces and she has a walker that she nevers uses. Just wondering if there is anybody out there like us

One of our frequent posters has 2 kids with spina bifida. Look for posts by Michigan.

I have 2 daughters ages 7 and 15 with spina bifida. Both are full time wheelchair users and love WDW

Cindy

Hello- My DD age 23 now, has spinal bifida, we live in N.C., we just got back from WDW, and had a pretty good time, she can no longer take the heat anymore, she is in a wheelchair, weights about 55 pounds and her favorite ride was soarin, my DH sat on one side of her and I was on the other and it was a blast to her, made our day, the cast member was afraid for her to ride, so we tryed it out first and knew she could do it ( she has NO upper body control ).
WDW is always such a good family trip for us, thank God there is a place like this for my whole ( special ) family to enjoy,as a family, that feels so good.

Hi Welcome to the world of spina bifida and Disney! We took my son Michael to WDW all of the time in his wheelchair and he loved it. I would encourage you to take/rent a stroller - WDW can be very exhuasting for anyone. There are plenty of bathrooms and/or baby stations to take care of toileting needs, lots of air-conditioned places to cool off. Early mornings with afternoon breaks are a must in hot weather. We had no problem with the drinking water there.. If a place has fountain pop, you can get FREE water and ice ( that goes for anyone) We would often just get a cup of ice. Our next trip is June 06. Have fun planning!

Last year I took my bestfriend and her family to Disney. Her DS(6) has Spina Bifida and is in a wheelchair. They were actually one of the first families to have the inuteral surgery (Vanderbilt Hospital) to fix his lesion.

I have never cried so much at Disney (I always cry!) due to the level of care and attention the CM's and characters gave him. As with any 2yr old, a stroller is needed and make sure to take some down time.

:grouphug: I hope you have a wonderful vacation. You all deserve it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter