Does anyone else just read over the menus...

I have my ADRs all set, and booked my FP+
56 days to go... now i just keep watching POV youtube videos and checking out the menus to all the places I have ADRs for and then googling pics of what sounds the yummiest... literally have 7 days worth of food already decided on!!!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

I do it! But in my case, it's because I'm so indecisive that I take forever (it seems) to decide what I want. Actually, I usually pick 2 items-a first and a second choice. That's because I've had the situation where I've gotten to the restaurant only to find that what I'd planned on just got removed from the menu, or I get there and I'm suddenly not in the mood for what I'd planned on having.

56 days to go... now i just keep watching POV youtube videos and checking out the menus to all the places I have ADRs for and then googling pics of what sounds the yummiest... literally have 7 days worth of food already decided on!!!!

All the dang time. Its my night time fall asleep routine. Read menus on my phone, starting with day one restaurants, until I get sleepy and fall asleep. Then the next night continue where I left off. I think I have a problem. I am really very excited for our Christmas trip.

you're not alonw I do it too, just to check about menu and price changes.

We just scan the menus to ensure that it aligns to basic high level food expectations of the group. Try to pick a place providing menu options for members of our group with 2 or more menu options that we general perceive would be of interest for each person. We leave the actual choice to the time we are sitting at the table. We always let each member pick out at least one TS restaurant based solely on their desire and interest.

I started reading ALL of them out of necessity.... I'm a picky eater, but DD is beyond picky. She lives on tuna, pb&j & grilled cheese, most of the time (but there have been weeks or months when she's sworn off one of those, even). So I make sure any restaurant we are considering has at least two things I am 90% certain she will eat.

and then I keep checking....And then it's fun, so I keep doing it. I'm still over 30 days from being able to make our ADRs, though, so I hope all my menu reading doesn't lead me to second guess myself too much!

I started reading ALL of them out of necessity.... I'm a picky eater, but DD is beyond picky. She lives on tuna, pb&j & grilled cheese, most of the time (but there have been weeks or months when she's sworn off one of those, even). So I make sure any restaurant we are considering has at least two things I am 90% certain she will eat.

and then I keep checking....And then it's fun, so I keep doing it. I'm still over 30 days from being able to make our ADRs, though, so I hope all my menu reading doesn't lead me to second guess myself too much!

You'll 2nd guess yourself no matter what.. I only have 1 ADR that I originally booked at my 180.. and that is for Ohana dinner... I have added, taken away, changed dates, changed minds, etc... if you went thru my disney confirmation/cancelled emails I prob have about 100 at least.. it's so dumb

You'll 2nd guess yourself no matter what.. I only have 1 ADR that I originally booked at my 180.. and that is for Ohana dinner... I have added, taken away, changed dates, changed minds, etc... if you went thru my disney confirmation/cancelled emails I prob have about 100 at least.. it's so dumb
I'm sure you're right....realistically, I'll be using it to fill the hours of anticipation in the long months between now and then. The trip is a surprise for DD's b-day two months before - she's likely to have her own thoughts when it comes to planning, too.

I'm planning our first trip and we went really in depth with the menus. In order to make ADRs, since we know we'll mostly want table service. But then I also did the spreadsheet to determine whether a dining plan would make sense, and that required knowing what everyone would order and even drink. That's my idea of fun, fortunately.

We do this. Sometimes we will do it while deciding which restaurants and sometimes we will do it as the trip gets closer in case he menu has changed. I'm holding off on Cali Grill until we get closer to our date in December so it will b as accurate as possible.

Most heard line from my father while waiting in lines at Disney. “Pull up tonight’s menu on ur phone so I can look at it”. He loves looking at the menus. Lol. I used to but don’t anymore in general. I like a little surprise if it changed since last trip.

When I'm planning and trip and trying to decide on ADR's, I normally go through the menus of each place I'm interested in. I'm not a picky eater and like to try different things, however, my husband is not. So, I have to review each menu to ensure that there is something on there that he will like (preferably two dishes so that he has a couple of options). I don't normally decide on what I'm eating until I get there and know what I'm really in the mood for.

I will look up menus when I'm reading a dining report, just to see if they would have anything i like. Yes, I have lost my mind.

I have picky eaters, so I base restaurant decisions based on if there is something on the menu for everyone. So, yes, I generally know what me and the rest of my party will be eating as soon as I start making plans. I even have a spreadsheet of how much I expect each meal to cost based on what I expect everyone to order. It’s become almost a game with me. Last trip I was within $20 of my estimate and that included tax and tipping.

I have picky eaters, so I base restaurant decisions based on if there is something on the menu for everyone. So, yes, I generally know what me and the rest of my party will be eating as soon as I start making plans. I even have a spreadsheet of how much I expect each meal to cost based on what I expect everyone to order. It’s become almost a game with me. Last trip I was within $20 of my estimate and that included tax and tipping.

WOW!!! Good job!! I feel like I'd be off by like 200 lol!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!