Does anyone else just read over the menus...

sapphirerose915

DIS Veteran
I have my ADRs all set, and booked my FP+
56 days to go... now i just keep watching POV youtube videos and checking out the menus to all the places I have ADRs for and then googling pics of what sounds the yummiest... literally have 7 days worth of food already decided on!!!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

Personally, I don't do this. . .however, my wife pores over menus to decide what she's going to have months in advance. . .and then continues to check back to see if anything has changed. When she tries to draw me in, my usual response is, "I think I can figure something out once we get there." ;)

Personally, I don't do this. . .however, my wife pores over menus to decide what she's going to have months in advance. . .and then continues to check back to see if anything has changed. When she tries to draw me in, my usual response is, "I think I can figure something out once we get there." ;)

You sound like my husband !!!

I decide what restaurants I'm going to eat at based on the menu so I'm looking at menus 180+ days out.
As long as there is one thing on the menu that sounds good I'll make the ADR.
So I can tell you what I'm ordering for my trip in 57 days.

Today I'm obsessing over Yak and Yeti!!!

Anything you are looking the most forward to??

We know where we want to eat we pretty much do our favorites and maybe a new one or 2 but it’s been a tradition where I look over the menus when we book the trip. Then again on ADR day. Then on FP day and then a month before. Sometimes in between.

You sound like my husband !!!

Today I'm obsessing over Yak and Yeti!!!

Anything you are looking the most forward to??
BOG lunch as usual.
I'm trying Big River Grille for the first time.
I'm also excited to have an alcoholic beverage with my meals since in the past on the dining plan it was not included so I was unwilling to pay an extra $10 so i just stuck to the included beverage.

We know where we want to eat we pretty much do our favorites and maybe a new one or 2 but it’s been a tradition where I look over the menus when we book the trip. Then again on ADR day. Then on FP day and then a month before. Sometimes in between.

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

BOG lunch as usual.
I'm also excited to have an alcoholic beverage with my meals since in the past on the dining plan it was not included so I was unwilling to pay an extra $10 so i just stuck to the included beverage.

Yes!!! We have BOG breakfast.. would never pay those prices OOP.. thank goodness for DDP and alchohol!!!

I do this too, I know ages in advance what I'm going to order. Some people say that they decide day of what they feel like but i like what i like. Unless there is a change to the menu, what I'd order today is no different than what I'd order 6 months from now.

BOG lunch as usual.
Big River Grille is average at best, in my opinion. I'm not trying to sway you in any way, just my opinion.

There has to be at least one item on the menu that I would want to eat before I make an ADR. I review menus prior to my 180 ADR day if we're going to a new restaurant. Then I review menus of all ADR's about 20-30 days out to check for any changes. I like Disney Food Blog for their food articles and videos.

I have my ADRs all set, and booked my FP+
56 days to go... now i just keep watching POV youtube videos and checking out the menus to all the places I have ADRs for and then googling pics of what sounds the yummiest... literally have 7 days worth of food already decided on!!!!
Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

We do! There are sometimes changes, plus we just enjoy checking them out. 49 days for me!

Big River Grille is average at best, in my opinion. I'm not trying to sway you in any way, just my opinion.
I know some don't care for it but I dont base my choices on others opinions. I try things I want to try and find out for myself if I like it.
There are several drink, entree and dessert options that sound good to me and my sister plus we are going on a day that we are going from Epcot to HS so its on the way.

I do this too, I know ages in advance what I'm going to order. Some people say that they decide day of what they feel like but i like what i like. Unless there is a change to the menu, what I'd order today is no different than what I'd order 6 months from now.

Me too! I look at menus and generally have a very good idea what I am going to order.

I didn't choose specific meals, but I did make sure to look at the menus for the restaurants I chose (DDP). I'm really glad that I did, too. I had several restaurants that I wanted to try, but changed my mind when I looked at the menu because the offerings weren't that appealing to me. BOG dinner was one of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!