Does anyone else just read over the menus...

I didn't choose specific meals, but I did make sure to look at the menus for the restaurants I chose (DDP). I'm really glad that I did, too. I had several restaurants that I wanted to try, but changed my mind when I looked at the menu because the offerings weren't that appealing to me. BOG dinner was one of them!
We got free QS Dining plan and upgraded to DDP after we realized there was no way we could do without TS restaurants!!

There has to be at least one item on the menu that I would want to eat before I make an ADR. I review menus prior to my 180 ADR day if we're going to a new restaurant. Then I review menus of all ADR's about 20-30 days out to check for any changes. I like Disney Food Blog for their food articles and videos.

DFB is the reason I booed a trip.. one night I caught a video on Youtube... then I think I binge watched like 2 or 3 hrs of them.. next day a disney trip was booked!!

I do it for places we haven't been but are thinking of trying. I also check after I booked a lunch ADR to see if the menu had changed enough that we wouldn't want to eat there for lunch. A few years ago right before ADR booking day Chef's de France went an All Day dinner menu. I had planned on booking us for lunch but once I saw the new menu I didn't . Once the ADR is booked I only check ( close to the trip) if it is a place we were 50/ 50 on just in case they made major changes.

We always glance at a menu before eating at any restaurant. If they only serve sushi, for example, and none of us eat that, then obviously we won't eat there. Difficult to know where we want to eat that far in advance when making dinner reservations. We might try waiting until the day before when others have to cancel to avoid the 'no show' fee and then decide.

If I have a trip planned ( I do now), I'm always looking at the Menu. I'm not deciding now what I'm having, it's just that I'm interested in the different offerings. It's something I look forward to.

At home, there are days I couldn't tell you at 2pm what's for dinner. It's quite unexplainable. ROTFL!!

I do this too, I know ages in advance what I'm going to order. Some people say that they decide day of what they feel like but i like what i like. Unless there is a change to the menu, what I'd order today is no different than what I'd order 6 months from now.
That is me exactly. It is harder with the signature menus that change a little more seasonally. It does seem though what I like is always the item taken off the menu (looking at you Reuben at sci-fi).

I was so excited when I read about mobile ordering. lol

I don't really like surprises, so Disney is a really fun vacation for me since I can plan it all out ahead of time. I usually know what I'm having (at Disney) before I walk in the door of a restaurant. If I can preorder? Even better.
Dh doesn't understand this either. He likes to decide when he gets there.

I just check the menus of new places we want to try to be sure there is something we would both like otherwise not really.

My focus when looking at the menus is to be sure that they have a variety that we can choose from. We know that menus change all the time, but as someone who is pescatarian I like to be sure that the restaurant tries to offer fish selections or at least vege entrees that sound good. Thankfully many have a separate menu that features some of the regular entrees that have been tweeked to be vegetarian or leave out the meat.

I have ADRs for and then googling pics of what sounds the yummiest... literally have 7 days worth of food already decided on!!!! Please tell me I'm not the only one!!

It's an illness, Disney-ADR-itis!

Some of the dishes and desserts that appear and re-appear on reviews etc., for the most part, I found to be true. Examples: I had long heard about Raglan's Ger's Bread & Butter Pudding, and when I had it for the 1st time, everything I'd ever read about it was true. The reviews of Satu'lis, absolutely true, LTT's Ooey Gooey Butter Cake, so truthfully delicious. Since the kids are adults now, dining has become just as important to them, just as important as the resort we stay in and what we do in the parks. Good planning has always paid off for us! You are not alone!

I always look at menus - before deciding on ADRs and then after to check for changes. I usually use the TP menus because they are regularly updated AND whenever possible they have the allergy menu. Being gluten-free and allergic to peanuts - and someone who does not do seafood - I need to make sure I can eat something.

I stalk menus, photos of the food on google, reviews, etc and we’ve had annual passes for years and have eaten most places many times. It helps pass the time in between trips! Our next trip is Thanksgiving week and I already know what I’m having for every meal :rotfl2:

I think I am going to stalk a QS spot today....hmmmmmm.. maybe DLuxe or Polite Pig.. still havent decided between the 2
. Mmmmmmm Polite Pig - loved it! The alcoholic beverages are yummy too if you have QS dining it’s a great use of a credit!

I stalk menus, photos of the food on google, reviews, etc and we’ve had annual passes for years and have eaten most places many times. It helps pass the time in between trips! Our next trip is Thanksgiving week and I already know what I’m having for every meal :rotfl2:

. Mmmmmmm Polite Pig - loved it! The alcoholic beverages are yummy too if you have QS dining it’s a great use of a credit!

I love Polite Pig... I wish I had that cauliflower right now!

Are the menus listed on the Disney World website accurate? I stalk theirs the most. Also, I am just curious, because I have an upcoming trip planned for the last week of November and the first week of December, do you guys think the current menus for most eateries will stay the same between now and then, or are likely to change? I happen to think the current menus for all the places I'll be going to are pretty outstanding, at present, so I am actually hoping they don't change. I think some of them must have changed somewhat recently, because I know quite a few of them look different than the last time I must have looked withing the last couple of months.

But yeah, I stalk menus regularly, even when not planning a trip, though as I try to go to Disney every year to year and a half or so, I almost always am in some sort of planning or pre-planning of a trip. The restaurants are basically a HUGE component of my vacations, I do the Deluxe Dining plan and attempt to eat 3 meals a day at the sit-downs...which I am not always able to do :jester: but I try! Plus, do my best to fit those yummy snacks from the Epcot and Main Street bakeries and wherever else. It's an eating Lolapolooza-fest for me, basically.

I'm also an adventurous eater so I love trying unusual foods, but I have to say, the current menus at the moment don't have anything all that weird, surprisingly, compared to my other visits where I've tried ostrich, frog's legs, and wild boar. Jiko seems to have gotten rid of their famous wild boar app, shockingly, and they were where I had ostrich, too, many moons ago. I see I can still get escagot, of course, at the French eateries in Epcot, but other than that, and some Elk dishes, I didn't see anything too unusual this go around.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!