Does anyone have suggestions on going paleo?

FrugalFashionista

Mouseketeer
Let me first admit that I have a HUGE carb problem. I can't seem to feel full without having some sort if carb.

I also don't get how, esp for a female, cutting out all dairy (calcium) is a good idea.

I want to do this more for health reasons than weight reasons. I had to have my gallbladder out last September and my digestion has been messed up ever since.

Many people have suggested going paleo or at least gluten free. Getting my family on board with this is difficult to say the least.

TIA

I would start by cutting one thing out first like the carbs/gluten then take out the dairy later.

You can find some great recipes online, especially Pinterest. Look for OMG Paleo, Gracious Pantry and Easy Paleo. There are also so free/cheap ebooks on paleo for the kindle through Amazon

We are kind of doing Paleo now, but still getting used to it. Ive lost weight though.

Go gluten free, paleo is just so illogical. Modern food isn't the same as "caveman" food. They ate a lot of bugs and meat that was raw, their vegetables have evolved from then to now and many died in their teens/twenties. Is that an idealized diet to you? I totally understand gluten free though.

Everyone has to do what is best for them, but personally, I am against any diet where you completely cut out a food group...unless recommended by a doctor for a specific health condition.

I eat a Paleo diet and I love it. I was doing Primal for a while (basically Paleo + dairy) and I still felt crappy. I finally did a whole30 and discovered that I really don't feel well when I eat dairy. Or grains for that matter. So, I stopped.

If you are worried about things like calcium, dark greens like collard green, kale and spinach have it. Fiber? You can get it from things like apples, carrots, beets, and broccoli. I eat meat from organic (and if possible local) meats, good healthy fats from coconut, olive and nut sources and I eat a lot of veggies. I eat until I am full. I don't eat "gluten free" but grain free. I try not to eat things that mess with my hormones like soy. I definitely don't buy gluten free frankenfoods from the grocery store.

Check out www.whole9.com or the book "It All Starts with Food" by Dallas and Melissa Hartwig. They have a lot of good info as does www.marksdailyapple.com.

Personally, I don't really think it's weird or unhealthy to eat this way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!