Does anyone here use Playstation Vue for their TV subscription?

frostedpink

Mouseketeer
We've had Playstation Vue for over a year now. I love the lower cost subscription price and we get all the channels that we want. HOWEVER - I have yet to find a device that has a decent user interface that is easy to use and we've had buffering issues with certain channels. We've tried Apple TV, Roku, and most recently the PS4.

Ironically, the PS4 has the worst buffering issues of all (you'd think it'd be the best since it's made by PS!). It's not even watchable at this point and DH is terribly disappointed.

Just curious if anyone else has Playstation Vue and which device you use? Do you have buffering issues with certain channels?

We've had it for a little less than a year. We use the PS4 without issue- maybe a wi-fi booster or moving it would help? We also have an Amazon Fire Stick and stream on computers/ phones and Kindles. We've only had occasional buffering issues and I tend to blame our Verizon Fios, as it happens with services other than Vue

We've had Playstation Vue for over a year now. I love the lower cost subscription price and we get all the channels that we want. HOWEVER - I have yet to find a device that has a decent user interface that is easy to use and we've had buffering issues with certain channels. We've tried Apple TV, Roku, and most recently the PS4.

Ironically, the PS4 has the worst buffering issues of all (you'd think it'd be the best since it's made by PS!). It's not even watchable at this point and DH is terribly disappointed.

Just curious if anyone else has Playstation Vue and which device you use? Do you have buffering issues with certain channels?

We have had Vue for about 2 years now and still love it. We primarily use it on PS4, though we have also use it on Firesticks in other rooms. We have no issues.

We subscribe to Vue for a month around big events like the Olympics or World Cup. We have a Roku Ultra now and the interface for Vue is much more user-friendly than the first gen Roku we had before this - the channel guide is very similar to a cable providers.

Do you have the same buffering issues when using the same devices to watch other streaming media (Netflix, Amazon Prime, Youtube)? If so, the problem is more than likely the internet connection for those devices. Either the wifi in your home or your internet from your ISP.

I tried it for a month and didn't like the lower picture resolution. I have been spoiled with HD and found the picture to be not very sharp.

Are you attempting to use Vue via a wi-fi connection of a hard line connection? We've been using Playstation Vue for almost two years and love it! We began using it through our PS4, then graduated to using the app built into our 4K Amazon FireTv. We have never had any issues with buffering. Of course we also have a fiber internet connection which means our downloads can top 350 megs per second! We've also always had killer resolution!

I don’t have PlayStation vue. I know you don’t want to hear this because you are trying to get things for cheaper. Your probably going to have to up your internet package. Another thing to try is buy a Ethernet cable and run it directly from your modem to PlayStation.

Buffering issues can be your network as easily as it can be your device. If you have a good router with an adjustable buffer size lower it. Large buffers are good for static content while small buffers work better with anything that streams.

Something else to check is your network latency. People concentrate on bandwidth but high bandwidth means nothing if you also have high latency.

Are you on WIFI or a hard wired connection? We make sure to keep our router by the living room TV so that all our streaming devices are hard wired and not on WIFI. Makes a HUGE difference. Also what is you MAX Mbps speed?

Are you on WIFI or a hard wired connection? We make sure to keep our router by the living room TV so that all our streaming devices are hard wired and not on WIFI. Makes a HUGE difference. Also what is you MAX Mbps speed?

And if this isn't possible make sure you go with a 802.11ac router at the very least. Don't try to stream HD to multiple devices with an old 802.11g router that has to go through 3 walls.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter