• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~Does anyone know how to use the search tab?~

joenan88

DIS Veteran
I hope this does not come off the wrong way. I love to read these threads and learned so much from navigating through this site. It has helped me plan 3 trips! My question is why do people consistently post the same questions day after day after day :confused: ....there is a search tab that can help you access so much information..if I see one more thread asking about The Primetime Cafe, Mickey's BBQ or HDDR I may scream :scared1:

honestly i have read hundreds of message boards in my life on every topic, and this site has without a doubt the WORST search feature i have ever seen in my life. Most of the time i dont even come to this site if i have a specific question, because i know the search sucks so bad. It takes forever, and half the time it doesnt find stuff i know is here somewhere. Also you cant search for keywords that only appear in the subject.

honestly i have read hundreds of message boards in my life on every topic, and this site has without a doubt the WORST search feature i have ever seen in my life. Most of the time i dont even come to this site if i have a specific question, because i know the search sucks so bad. It takes forever, and half the time it doesnt find stuff i know is here somewhere. Also you cant search for keywords that only appear in the subject.

use google and the site:disboards.com function

so to find your posts use google and "james88 site:disboards.com" in the search area yields http://www.google.com/search?q=jame...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

I agree. I have often come back to find a topic I saw on the boards before but using the search gave me no information. Very frustrating. I think people wouldn't ask the same things if they could readily find it listed.

I agree. I have often come back to find a topic I saw on the boards before but using the search gave me no information. Very frustrating. I think people wouldn't ask the same things if they could readily find it listed.

Yes the search function can be frustrating, but I have been on one particular discussion site that is so uptight about everyone searching instead of posting, that the information there is absolutely stale. Almost every post there originated years ago and there are hundreds of pages you are expected to go through to find out the simplest answer. Example: if you want to know about a particular hotels recent treatment of it's elite level customers, you are expected to find and post on that hotel's thread that started in 2001 and is 342 pages long. Then, you are told to find it on that thread, which may not have been posted on in years. They bark very loud if you dare ask a question that has EVER been asked within the last ten years!

I too get annoyed by how soon some here people ask repeat questions...but at least they are given current answers and don't have to dig through old, moldy information. And it's given out in a very friendly way almost all of the time!:goodvibes

Its a huge site and the seach funtion isn't the best. But in the end, its a good thing to have so many threads in my opinion. Even if some do overlap, different people will post on the various threads, thereby giving more information and advice. And of course the easiest thing in the world to do when you see a thread regarding some subject you have already gotten sick of reading about, is to simply not open it.

Its a huge site and the seach funtion isn't the best. But in the end, its a good thing to have so many threads in my opinion. Even if some do overlap, different people will post on the various threads, thereby giving more information and advice. And of course the easiest thing in the world to do when you see a thread regarding some subject you have already gotten sick of reading about, is to simply not open it.

:thumbsup2 :thumbsup2 :thumbsup2

I rarely find the search function to be working properly, but I'm usually on a Mac and maybe it's not compatible. Hakuna matata, man!

I guess it's proper message board etiquette to search before you post a question, but I honestly don't see how we can hold people to that when the search function barely works. It works for me maybe 1 out of 20 times that I try it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter