Does ANYONE know or have your heard about the plans for 50th Anniversary plans? Dates?

I booked for October 12-23, 2021, hoping to get in on the celebration. I have no desire to be there for the actual day on October 1st. I don’t need that much crazy in my life. I would imagine that the 50th will be celebrated for at least 15 months, perhaps longer.

For awhile I was getting caught up in all the posts talking about booking rooms for the 50th & limited availability. I started to debate going, what dates, where to stay, etc. And then I came back to reality. No way do I want to deal with that chaos either! Disney is good at extended celebrations. I wouldn’t be surprised if the celebration goes to the end of 2022. Especially if tourism is still down late next year.

For awhile I was getting caught up in all the posts talking about booking rooms for the 50th & limited availability. I started to debate going, what dates, where to stay, etc. And then I came back to reality. No way do I want to deal with that chaos either! Disney is good at extended celebrations. I wouldn’t be surprised if the celebration goes to the end of 2022. Especially if tourism is still down late next year.

We are going down for the actual 50th just for a quick trip - we know it will be crazy and will just deal with it, but figured it is a once in a lifetime chance to actually be there for it

but I totally understand the desire to try to avoid the actual chaos and still get some of the benefits

We are going down for the actual 50th just for a quick trip - we know it will be crazy and will just deal with it, but figured it is a once in a lifetime chance to actually be there for it

but I totally understand the desire to try to avoid the actual chaos and still get some of the benefits

Same plan! Quick 50th trip then another trip hopefully longer at another time

See, now I’m thinking about going again. I’m all about the once in a life time things! :rotfl2:

Same plan! Quick 50th trip then another trip hopefully longer at another time

yeah, we already have an off site place reserved for Winter Break in February of 2022. - we were thinking of getting APs mid 2021 and doing several trips over the course of 12 months, but we might push that back and either start those for our Oct Trip or that Feb 2022 trip depending on how things are developing / new things open

For a long time I said I didn't want to deal with that, but in the end I didn't want to miss out either. So we have a trip booked for the weekend of the 1st. I'm sure it will be crazy, but fun!

And just like that, we’re booked! :rolleyes1 :rotfl2: DS & DDIL decided to go, so we are too! Unfortunately missed getting the CR or GF, but saving lots of money staying at Movies. Sharing this special event with them will make any hassles worth it. I might keep an eye out for Poly, BWI or BC to open & look at moving to one of them.

My wife and I honeymooned at WDW in 1996 and were planning a big trip for 2021 for our 25th and WDW's 50th. That has been shelved and may not take place at all, depending on the circumstances surrounding the travel industry, how much of Disney has come back to life by then, etc. We will probably end up celebrating our anniversary somewhere else, which is fine too. Currently, WDW is a shell of what it was or could be.

this is 100% us. we dont like crowds, i dont like having to have sharp elbows for 45 min waiting for the fireworks to start, but we would not miss oct 1, 2021 in magic kingdom for the world. when we are 90 years old, we will remember being there for the 50th anniversary instead of going on the 10th to avoid crowds and regretting it. well go back to avoiding crowded days per usual in 2022. watch, therell be a "i was there for the 50th" sticky thread on here for decades and we definitely will be a member of that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!