does anyone know the hours of the compass club breakfast?

disneyholic family

disney on my mind....
knowing pretty much zero (or negative) about DLP, i'm trying to figure out the most logical touring plan for us..

we have reservations at newport bay in the compass club...
i know we're entitled to breakfast, but i haven't found the hours that it's served..

i was thinking it makes sense to go into the parks for early opening and then once the park opens to the general public, go back to the hotel to eat breakfast....but i don't know how late breakfast is available..

food seems to be so very expensive at DLP, i definitely don't want to give up on our 'free' breakfast buffet...
and at the same time, i don't want to miss out on early opening at the parks..

I havent stayed at Compass Club but I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge, Santa Fe and Disneyland Hotel. Breakfast usually starts at 7am and ends at 10.30am Personally I always have breakfast between 7am and 8am and then go to the park for early opening

I havent stayed at Compass Club but I have stayed at Sequoia Lodge, Santa Fe and Disneyland Hotel. Breakfast usually starts at 7am and ends at 10.30am Personally I always have breakfast between 7am and 8am and then go to the park for early opening

if it's only open to 10:30 am, then you're definitely right - we would have to eat at 7 am...
i guess i'll have to revert to my disney nazi from days of yore and get everyone up at the crack of dawn while we're at DLP..

i thought my disney commando days were over...we used to do WDW that way years and years ago, but gave it up for a more relaxed approach..
well...not that relaxed...just that we never go for EMH, opting instead for regular rope drop...

but since we'll be at DLP for only 4 days, i guess we'll have to take the commando approach...

so that would be up at 6:30....breakfast at 7....head for the parks at 8 for early opening at 8:30....

thats what most people do, breakfast and then early opening. Its really not worth it to go all the way back to Newport Bay after being in the park for early opening. The only place its worth it would be at Disneyland Hotel.

i suppose the compass club must be packed at 7 am....
oh well....still the food looks good from what i've seen in the videos..
since we'll be coming from a cruise, we won't be able to bring that much food with us to france (in terms of cheerios and the like, that the kids eat) so we'll have to have a good breakfast to start them off..
are there any stores at DLP that sell food like they do in the hotels at WDW? at the WDW resorts, the stores carry boxes of cereal, larger bags of pretzels, bags of bagels, things like that...i'm guessing they don't have anything like that at DLP...

i suppose i can take a few extra slices of bread from the buffet for the kids...
just have to remember to take a bag with me to breakfast..

it depends on your schedule and time but there is a large supermarket in the nearby village of Val d'Europe. Its one stop on the train or you can also get a bus there.

There is a small convenience store / gas station beside Santa Fe Hotel. To get there you would take the free shuttle bus to Santa Fe Hotel from the Disney shuttle bus area.

This is a walk through of the shop in New Port Bay, so you can see what they have for sale. Its mainly merchandise

When you are going to DLP will determine your approach. During busy school holidays you will need the commando approach, at other times less so. The Newport bay is a pleasant 15 to 20 minute walk from the main park so may be a bit far to return for breakfast, but doable if it fits your plans. You will probably be best to have it before leaving for the day at between 7am and 7.30. Enjoy!

When you are going to DLP will determine your approach. During busy school holidays you will need the commando approach, at other times less so. The Newport bay is a pleasant 15 to 20 minute walk from the main park so may be a bit far to return for breakfast, but doable if it fits your plans. You will probably be best to have it before leaving for the day at between 7am and 7.30. Enjoy!

PS. I don't think it will be packed at 7 am.

we'll be there in july, so probably pretty darn busy!!! :worried:

if the parks open at 8:30, i guess people would tend to show up at breakfast at about 7:30.

so i suppose we should try to get there at 7:00....with a group of 9, that should be fun..
DH and i always get there first to grab a table/s...
funny, since i usually only drink coffee and not much else (perhaps fruit, but nothing more than that)..

just had a thought, as you are staying in Compass Club, you will have a separate breakfast room. You wont be in the main breakfast room, so you will only have those who are in Compass Club, not all the hotel guests.

just had a thought, as you are staying in Compass Club, you will have a separate breakfast room. You wont be in the main breakfast room, so you will only have those who are in Compass Club, not all the hotel guests.

yes, it's only the people in the compass club for breakfast served in the compass club lounge...
but having looked at several youtube videos that were so kindly uploaded - it's clear the lounge is much more crowded during the summer months than at any other time..
though it also appears there is both more food and a greater variety of food on offer when it's more crowded...

To get the most out of extra magic time I would aim to leave Newport bay by 8.00 am. From our experience this Easter it gets busy quick. You could always go back to the hotel for a rest or to use the pool in the afternoon when the parks are at their most crowded and hottest.

To get the most out of extra magic time I would aim to leave Newport bay by 8.00 am. From our experience this Easter it gets busy quick. You could always go back to the hotel for a rest or to use the pool in the afternoon when the parks are at their most crowded and hottest.

which areas of the parks are open for extra magic hours?
did you find the lines to be terribly long or were you able to get a lot done before the parks opened to the general public?...

Last edited:
In the main park we had Fantasyland; Peter Pan, Dumbo, Carousel and Pinnochio (The tea cups were closed) and Discoveryland; Space Mountain, Buzz and Orbitron. I would say by 9 the lines were quite long at Peter Pan and Buzz. At 9.30 they now let guests into all the areas to queue at the attraction. This meant we had to change our approach a little to avoid long waits then.
In the Studios we had Ratatouille, RnR, Cars race rally and ToT (It's usually Crush instead of ToT but currently closed for refurb. We did Ratatouille first which was just as well as the line said 30 mins when we came out. The others had short waits. We went to RC racer at 9.30 and they started the ride at 9.45. Other rides didn't open till 10.

which areas of the parks are open for extra magic hours?
did you find the lines to be terribly long or were able to get a lot done before the parks opened to the general public?...

Usually it is Main Street, Fantasyland and Discoveryland. But not all rides are open. In Fantasyland when I was there in February 2016 Peter Pan, Dumbo and Teacups, in Discoveryland Orbitron, Space Mountain and Buzz.

I havent been when The Studios are open for EMT.

Peter Pan, Buzz and Space Mountain are where the main advantages lie for EMT They get huge wait times once the park opens.

Other advantages s being able to rope drop lands and rides which are not open for EMT. For example one morning I joined the line for Autopia at 9.45am. At 10am I was in car in the first rotation while the general public were still on Main Street. As I exited Autopia at 10.20am, the wait time was already 40 minutes.Autopia does not have a Fastpass, and the wait time rarely goes below 40 minutes.

yes, it's only the people in the compass club for breakfast served in the compass club lounge...
but having looked at several youtube videos that were so kindly uploaded - it's clear the lounge is much more crowded during the summer months than at any other time..
though it also appears there is both more food and a greater variety of food on offer when it's more crowded...

Do you know when the videos are from? Up to last year all guests were entitled to breakfast with a room booking whereas now this is not automatically included so not all guests eat breakfast there. Although saying that I think compass club always includes breakfast so that probably doesnt apply.
I stayed at Newport Bay club level several years ago in Summer (it was Admiral's Club then and they were trialling things like a hot breakfast and a separate breakfast room) and cant remember it being uncomfortably crowded. Although its a buffet they will seat you so you arent hunting for a table with a tray of food or anything.
Also not everyone will be eating early to get in for EMH every morning

Do you know when the videos are from? Up to last year all guests were entitled to breakfast with a room booking whereas now this is not automatically included so not all guests eat breakfast there. Although saying that I think compass club always includes breakfast so that probably doesnt apply.
I stayed at Newport Bay club level several years ago in Summer (it was Admiral's Club then and they were trialling things like a hot breakfast and a separate breakfast room) and cant remember it being uncomfortably crowded. Although its a buffet they will seat you so you arent hunting for a table with a tray of food or anything.
Also not everyone will be eating early to get in for EMH every morning

i only watch DLP videos from the past year.
i figure anything from before that isn't relevant.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!