Does anyone plan their trips around their meals?

Eating out is one of the special treats during a vacation. For us, dining at WDW is just one more form of entertainment provided by the Mouse. We go to WDW three times a year and now make it a point to include one new restaurant each trip, with other choices generally including our favorites from past trips. We prefer sit-down dinners to lunches, so we will make PS for all the places we want to eat during a particular trip.

Ralph

Except for just two visits a year, our trips are just like Ralph&Pam.
Always look forward to our WDW breakfasts and dinners. Aside from the good food and service, it's a great way to see all the WDW resort hotels.

Oh yes! We added an extra day onto our vacation just so we could squeeze 'Ohana in! We do pick our resort first which is always the Poly. Good thing too because our favorite restaurants are 'Ohana and Kona Cafe.

yes, when I got on an OCD kick and got a Gold Key plan (dont know if its still called that, or "World Vacation", etc)

We used to plan all 3 meals every day for 6-7 days- what park to be in for what restaurant.
but, since in DVC and have kids now, dont really do that anymore.

I guess it depends on whose going and what they want to do on the trip.

Is there another way to plan??!!

When we are just sitting around someone will say "next time we go to WDW, where do you want to eat?" We always try to go to one new place each trip. Last trip it was Claif. Grill and Earl of Sandwich.

The meals are a huge part of the experience for us! Even the kids get into choosing restaurants ahead of time. We carefully plan our days "somewhat" around the meals.

Originally posted by Orsba
When we started planning our upcoming trip, we didn't start by asking "where do we want to stay" or "what do we want to see", but "where do we want to eat"! We then fit our theme park days around the restaurants we wanted to visit. I have to admit to being an obsessive planner, but that's half the fun of a trip. I am so excited to visit restaurants I have never seen, as well as see some old favorites. Does anyone else make restaurants a focus of planning!
:mickeybar :drinking1

Just one word.....YUP!!!! ::yes:: :mickeybar :cake: :drinking:

Oh, ye-es! That's one of the pleasures of going to WDW Eating at a restaurant, we have yet to try. And we have been going to WDW, every four years, since 1984, and we have yet to eat in all the restaurants at WDW. But, this year we should be able to knock off a few more on our to dine list.

Because we are staying at AKL this year: Boma and Jiko.

Ohana for breakfast.

Because four years ago we were suppose to eat there our first night, but because our plane was delayed, the PS had to be cancelled: Flying Fish Cafe. Also Sppodles

DTD: the Earl of Sandwich

Because my sister has eaten there, and I haven't: Beaches 'n' Cream.

EPCOT: Bistro de Paris

We used to be the "Plan The Vacation Around The Meals", type. Not anymore.

For a number of trips we did the Grand Plan or Gold Key, or whatever it's called. Full sit down breakfast EVERY day, sit down lunch EVERY day, sit down 'high end' dinner EVERY night. LOL, sometime between lunch and dinner would be a sit down stop for appetizers too.

A lot of times we would have THREE PS's every day.

We seemed to spend more time getting to and from PS's and eating than we did enjoying the parks and activities.

I have reformed now. We have been at busy times and slow times, and I can actually go to WDW for an entire week without pre-planning ANY PS's. (OH, the horror!!).

I have reached the point where I truly don't know what I'm going to want for lunch 180 days from today at 12:40 pm.

On our last 3 or 4 trips sans PS, I have NEVER, EVER failed to make a PS within an hour of when I want to eat, by calling that morning. This includes Yachtmans, Boma, Narcoosee's, Fultons, 'Ohana, and many others.

You would not believe how much time is added to your day when you aren't spending all that time planning transportation issues to get to and from all those preset PS's.

:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

I came clean with the truth that the trip I have planned is not really for my DS, but for me

NOW, I have to come clean with the truth that this trip is really ALL ABOUT THE FOOD. It's true--I am most excited about all the meals I will be eating. SEEE---I even just said "I will be eating" instead of "we will be eating"

YEP--this trip is all about me--and the goodies I plan to stuff myself with--AND I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

I don't really remember how I planned this time (still have a long way to go), but I know I decided on AK day we'd eat at Donald's, had to have two MK days so we could do LTT and CP, Garden Grill at EPCOT on a Wednesday was a must, because I wanted to do EE there and the Rehitchin' Ceremony, etc.

It's all fun to plan, no matter how you do it!

Steph

Originally posted by Orsba
When we started planning our upcoming trip, we didn't start by asking "where do we want to stay" or "what do we want to see", but "where do we want to eat"! We then fit our theme park days around the restaurants we wanted to visit. I have to admit to being an obsessive planner, but that's half the fun of a trip. I am so excited to visit restaurants I have never seen, as well as see some old favorites. Does anyone else make restaurants a focus of planning!
:mickeybar :drinking1

You mean there is another way, not just by your dining choices? :eek: Man, I thought this was the only way to do it!!:smooth:

tara

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter