Does anyone remember Terra Cotta Warriors in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sugardimples

DIS Veteran
Several years ago I saw an exhibit in the China pavilion in EPCOT that were the Terra Cotta Warriors. I’m sure they were reproductions as there were a lot of them. They were in a pit and lined up like they would have been at the original site. It was really impressive. Does anyone remember this? I went back the next year and they were gone.

Yes I loved this! I was disappointed as well to see the exhibit was gone when we were there in November. I would likewise love to know when or if this will ever return.

I remember them from a couple of years ago. I think that area in the China pavilion is a changing exhibit. I was there in December and they had an exhibit on Shanghai Disney.

Yes. We thought it was a very cool exhibit! We liked looking at them and reading their story.

They were removed some time after our June 2012 trip and before we came back in October 2016 so that exhibits for Shanghai Disneyland could be displayed there.

I’m not sure what’s there now and if the Warriors will ever return, but 2008-2012, we made it a point to see them. :)

Yep....I remember them, but don't remember if they were full scale replicas.

They were miniatures - the real terracotta warriors are life size!

I was so disappointed to see they were gone this past trip. I’m pretty sure they were there when we went in 2015. The Shanghai Disney display was interesting but not as cool.

Yes I miss it!!! SO much better than what ever that is now... I also loved that display of that angry whatever it was, the eyes would start glowing all of a sudden and then youd see the whole creature..

Oh no! I didn't know they were gone. I'm pretty sure they were there in Spring 2016 because I saw them. We didn't go in the China pavilion on this last trip, so I wasn't aware that they were gone. Darn. I thought they were really cool.

The real Terracotta Warriors are on display in Philadelphia at the Franklin Institute through March 4. Not sure if they'll be traveling near you, but you could always go see them!

Yes. We thought it was a very cool exhibit! We liked looking at them and reading their story.

They were removed some time after our June 2012 trip and before we came back in October 2016 so that exhibits for Shanghai Disneyland could be displayed there.

I’m not sure what’s there now and if the Warriors will ever return, but 2008-2012, we made it a point to see them. :)
Still Shanghai Disney stuff.

Not sure when those were removed but they were there up until fairly recently. December '15 they were still there. Only been to Epcot once since that turned into an ad for Shanghai Disneyland (which is ok once but that's it, as opposed to the Terra Cotta Warriors which were a work of art and you could look at them every trip)

Yup - I remember them. I loved looking at them on every trip. I miss them.

I don't care about the Shanghai Disney stuff so I've skipped it after seeing it once.

I was just there this weekend (2/2/19), was looking for them, and they're not there. Only exhibits about Shanghai Disneyland, a big old advertisement, basically. I'd rather see the warriors. :sad2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter