Does anyone still feel sad that Disney removed Tower of Terror?

lildreamer101

Simply meant to be....
I loved the theme for the TOT ride more than the new Guardians of the Galaxy themed ride.
I just saw a commercial for the new ride and it doesn't have the same feel as the awesome TOT ride. The commercial made it seem that they are turning that area into Marvel Land. Meh. I looked the original look. I like the old Hollywood look.
With Star Wars Land and the new GOTG ride, it doesn't feel like a Disney park to me. :sad::sad::sad1:

I will seriously miss it. I loved the theming. It felt so creepy and fancy.

I will have to watch GOTG so I know what's going on but I know I won't enjoy it as much because I was into the theme before. There are drop rides everywhere. I'm not looking forward to marvel land...but my husband and son will and that's important too...I SUPPOSE ;) LOL

Yes :guilty: I remember when this rumor came out I was sooo sure it was the most absurd thing I had ever heard and I couldn't believe that they would just slap GotG onto one of the most beloved attractions in the park. I'm all for Marvel in DCA, but I don't understand why we had to lose ToT in order to get it so I am still salty about it.

I know when Star Wars land was first announced I really felt that it was so out of place for Disneyland and that it would be a better fit in DCA, but now that construction is well underway I am actually really excited for it! I think it will be great! But, we didn't have to lose something to get Star Wars land like we did with GotG...

It was my favourite ride! So glad we stocked up on souvenirs! Does anyone know if we can still purchase TOT merchandise in the park?

Oh and not to mention that I find the new GotG exterior to be very ugly in person.... was just there this past weekend and the exterior is completely done and... It is gaudy :crazy2: I can't erase the image of ToT to me it still looks like ToT with some weird pipes glued on.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. However, if you look on some other Disney type boards or even on You Tube, some people have lost their minds over the change. I liked the interior of ToT but hated the actual ride. I have only seen pictures of the GoG:MB re-skin and it definitely seems out of place. However, the entire "Hollywood" area of DCA is in desperate need of a re-do, it is a pretty large waste of space for the most part. I think a Marvel Land would be a good idea, it would pull more people back into that area of the park. And, yes, I know, it won't be "California" themed but oh well, things change.

I honestly don't care one way or the other. However, if you look on some other Disney type boards or even on You Tube, some people have lost their minds over the change. I liked the interior of ToT but hated the actual ride. I have only seen pictures of the GoG:MB re-skin and it definitely seems out of place. However, the entire "Hollywood" area of DCA is in desperate need of a re-do, it is a pretty large waste of space for the most part. I think a Marvel Land would be a good idea, it would pull more people back into that area of the park. And, yes, I know, it won't be "California" themed but oh well, things change.
It's my belief that DCA is headed for a name change sometime in the next few years!

Yes, still sad! I was looking at a photo update on another site this morning and they showed a picture of the cutest dresses based on attractions/characters available in DTD, BUT front and center was the very cute Hollywood Tower Hotel red dress and matching purse! It just reopened my almost scabbed over wound, haha!

And the new look? It's crazy town colorful... Bit of an eyesore.

I'm still excited to experience a "new" ride but sad for the loss of incredible theming.

Agree that kids don't know what it is anymore. But that never bothered my kids ... they thought it was cool anyway and actually started watching some of the old Twilight Zone reruns because of it. And of course they watched the ToT movie.

I don't feel sad. Sure, I enjoyed the ride and, like everyone, thought it was a well designed experience, but I never understood how the Twilight Zone "fit" in the Parks. That being said, it's not like I understand how Guardians of the Galaxy fit in the Parks, either.

I liked the idea of the hotel, and really enjoyed the merchandise. The ride itself is one of my favorites--I can finally do a "drop" ride w/out being scared out my wits d/t the height! But I am looking forward to the rebranding, and I think it is the first step in things to come. I would love to have a Marvel brand makeover, and I am sure that Disney would do a top-notch job. The hunch may be wrong, but as others have mentioned, there seems to be plenty of space for a new "land" once the transportation hub is moved. I would be fine w/ that.

As far as changes that have stung, I only carry a torch for the People Mover (and especially that Tron room!).

Well, except for that pesky "Disney owns Marvel Entertainment" thing that happened in 2009, right? :rotfl:

Just because Disney bought does not lift the vail of cheapness off it. Disney use to create things. How about they spend money that way as opposed to buying second hand stuff. Tower of Terror was an existing property but it was classy and wonderfully themed. This ride clearly does not measure up. It is truly an eyesore. It looks heinous.

Just because Disney bought does not lift the vail of cheapness off it. Disney use to create things. How about they spend money that way as opposed to buying second hand stuff. Tower of Terror was an existing property but it was classy and wonderfully themed. This ride clearly does not measure up. It is truly an eyesore. It looks heinous.

Tower of Terror is based on an existing property that Disney does not own. CBS Studios owns it and Disney has been paying them to use it.

No matter what happened with Disney's Marvel properties, it is clear that they were unwilling to continue paying to use a property so the Tower of Terror was doomed to go away.

While it is clear that you are not a fan of the Marvel movies, they are extremely popular and ridiculously lucrative to Disney.

It was my favourite ride! So glad we stocked up on souvenirs! Does anyone know if we can still purchase TOT merchandise in the park?

I never got to buy any souvenirs other than that penny press. I didn't know they were closing the ride. I am not able to get to the parks often to so. I wonder if they do sell the TOT Merchandise. Maybe online?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter