Does CP stay relatively on schedule for later morning breakfast ADRs?

CapnJacksGirl

Mom to two little scalliwags!
We've only ever done PPO ADRs at CP but want to RD a few things then take a breakfast break on one of our MK days in late August. The only later morning ADRs we have ever done were at 'Ohana which was ridiculously off schedule.

I realize ADRs are not exact time reservations. I also realize that things happen that throw schedules off.

My question is whether CP is fairly good at maintaining some semblance of the ADR schedule and getting later morning people in somewhat close to their ADR time. I don't mind waiting a few extra minutes, but I'm trying to figure out my after-breakfast FP times and don't want to mess us up with one that is too early.

Our ADR is for 9:50, and if I was just basing my after breakfast FP on our normal breakfast eating schedule, I'd likely book for 10:30 to 11:30, expecting to tap somewhere in the 11:00-11:15 range. If CP is famous for getting behind, I'll do 11-12, just to be sure.

We did CP as a party of 9 with a 10:30 reservation this past September (free dining). We checked in about 10:10 and my first picture with Eeyore is time stamped 10:33. We were there during the switch over to lunch food and got to try both. We all agreed that we enjoyed the breakfast offerings more.

We did CP as a party of 9 with a 10:30 reservation this past September (free dining). We checked in about 10:10 and my first picture with Eeyore is time stamped 10:33. We were there during the switch over to lunch food and got to try both. We all agreed that we enjoyed the breakfast offerings more.

Thank you for the input! I considered doing a 10:30 reservation so we could try lunch as well but we love the breakfast so much that I didn't want to run the risk of wanting more and it being gone!

We did 10:30 in March because I like breakfast foods, hubby likes lunch/dinner foods, and the kids were over the moon about soft serve at breakfast. We were seated on time and there was a pretty long overlap where breakfast was available on one side of the buffet and lunch on the other. We were very happy with the experience.

I have never waited too long at CP. Ohana and Tusker House, on the other hand, always seem to seat you 20 min or more after your reservation time.

Our first trip to WDW we had a breakfast reservation for Crystal Palace. It was a really rainy morning and guests were not leaving. We were finally seated about 45 minutes after our reservation time. And only because the rain was letting up.

Last edited:
Lots of variables to your question....crowds....how long they take to eat....how long the characters take to 'make the rounds'. I've had relatively on-time seatings and I've also waited more than 30 mins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter