Does Disney charge for staff to accompany you (if medically necessary)?

Kelilkam30

Earning My Ears
First I really appreciate all the help from this board in planning!

Follow up question- Does Disney charge, or have a discount rate, for staff (dsp) if they are there working with someone? We would like to bring a family member with us on our Disney trip who is in a power chair and requires full care.

If we were to bring staff from our family member’s residence, does Disney charge for them? Is there a different rate than for regular tickets? They are direct care employees who are employed by a non-profit agency (not in florida) if that matters.

Has anyone had experience with this?

Alternatively has anyone had experience hiring someone (or 2 people) from a Florida agency for personal care?

Thank you in advance!

No discount or free entry for caregiver(s) or people with disabilities.

All people that enter the park must have a ticket regardless of whether or not they are providing care for another person. No discounts, either.

So I am taking my autistic twins respite provider to disney with us in 63 days and while disney has no discounts and i had to pay up front, vacations are considered an acceptible use of respite funding. So i will be able to be reimbursed the cost of taking her, including her tickets and dining plan about two weeks after we go. Now rules and even availability very state to state but it might be worth looking in to the rules for your respite service. If you are not part of a respite service i would find out is available in your area. Most are not income based but rather based on the level of the child's disability.

So I am taking my autistic twins respite provider to disney with us in 63 days and while disney has no discounts and i had to pay up front, vacations are considered an acceptible use of respite funding. So i will be able to be reimbursed the cost of taking her, including her tickets and dining plan about two weeks after we go. Now rules and even availability very state to state but it might be worth looking in to the rules for your respite service. If you are not part of a respite service i would find out is available in your area. Most are not income based but rather based on the level of the child's disability.

You are very lucky. We are limited here in NYS as to how much we can spend from Family Reimbursement funds per person with a disability. Most agencies allow $700 per person per year. Also, respite funds are often gone by June, but some agencies are now doling them out quarterly in case people need them near the end of the year.

Now my sons use self-directed services and we could write in a staff person to come with us on our trip if we wished (and it fit into the yearly budget) and if the other staff people signed off on working during the time we would be on vacation. It gets complicated so we just go without. I'm not sure another person could handle our meltdowns as a family on vacation, lol!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter