Does Disney check age of child??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I honestly don't think Disney will ask. We took our DD when she was 2 1/2 years old and she was and still is very tall for her age. At that time, she was 40 inches tall and was able to ride most rides and Disney never bothered to stop us at the gates.

1) Consider it done.
2) The child is of age.
3) Just pay the correct rate.
4) Why do people feel it is OK to try to cheat Disney?

Answer to your last point........
so they can throw flames at the Big Bad Disney for raising the ticket prices:rotfl:
There are no freebies or ways to cheat Disney. They know what is going on and just raise the prices.
The whole system works quit simple. The cheaters think they "won" from big ugly Disney and let others pay the bill for there behavior.

Its the same system as you can buy candy by the pound. The cheaters put another spoon or two in the bag after they weight the candy "officially".
The shop just looks at the bill. So much candy was bought and only so much candy sold. If 10% is stolen the price of the candy gets 10% higher.

pacrosby said:
I know I'm going to get flamed and go right ahead but I just have to ask..........are the people who say these outlandish things employees of Disney?
Nope. Not at all. Just ethical people who follow rules and know what's the 'right' thing to do. But thanks for asking ;)

Oh, but I didn't say 'all of you' did that. MOST people did just reiterate the 'policy' and others did only mention that they supposed they 'might' ask. Sure, I agree nothing wrong with that. There was one who's words suggested otherwise; who suggested (or ok just flat out said) that Disney does have the right to ask for proof and had done so in the past. For a toddler? I'm sorry. The OP was talking about a toddler and that's simply not possible (unless the so-called toddler was really an 8 yr old and the parent was completely out-of-line). They do not have the right to ask a parent of a toddler for proof of age and to deny free admission without it, it's as simple as that. I wasn't trying to throw this thread into the toilet. Rather I was trying to eliminate all this continued back and forth about "they never asked me"/ "they might ask you"/"they never asked me"/"others have been asked"/"they might ask your child" etc. etc.

To be perfectly honest initially I had quoted that specific post in my reply but thought better of it because I was afraid they would not appreciate being thrown under the bus. But now I see that I should have because it made it appear I was pointng my fingers at the bulk of the respondants. My apologies.

IDK, I guess it's just that I've been reading so many posts lately where the moral police do come out to play (and pointing out policy is not make someone one moral police; it's giving misleading information whilst pointing out the policy and sometimes even suggesting the sky might fall if they don't follow the rules to the letter) . I just find myself scratching my head at these folks and wondering 'who' they are and 'why' they feel the need to do what they do. :)

The Disboards do not encourage or allow posts that try to circumvent Disney policy. Some people seem to forget that, while many others know it and post answers to questions that state what Disney policy is.

No flames but let me give you our perspective. We went when DS was 3.5 yrs. old. He was (and still is) average-short for his age. He could have 'passed' for a 2.8 yr. old. We know many children who at that age are taller and more talkative than our DS. However, we didn't try to circumvent the system and pretend he wasn't old enough to avoid paying for a ticket. We paid for his ticket because it is the right thing to do. Imagine what our DD would have thought if I would have tried to 'pass' her brother as younger? While I'm all for saving money, trying to cheat the system is a bad example to give to our children. Again, I'm not judging you. I'm just saying think carefully about what you'll be teaching your DD. Have a great trip to WDW. :)

If you are not on the dining plan then you can buy any meal you want. On the dining plan you would/should have to follow the rules that are in place. Hope that helps! :goodvibes

thanks for the input I was on the site that tells what the meals are at all the reasteraunts and the age on the child menues was 9 and under and I did not know how much they stick to that as a rule. i might have tried the DDP this year but thought I would waste alot of money because she just is not to the point of eating of the adult meal she is only ten I really think disney should reconsider the age thing I dont think 10 and up should be adult it should be more like 12 and up my daughter is on the small side for her age but charging her adult everything just seems not right to me.

thanks for the input.

You're welcome! We religiously use the DDP. We love it, but honestly? Next time we go our DD will be 10 and as she doesn't eat all the kids meal most days, there is no way she would eat an adult meal. So, we already know that we are going to have to reconsider using the DDP again until she is "hungry" enough to make it worthwhile for the adult meal. :)

The OP's question was answered with the first reply. Why are we on page 2 creating a debate where there is no need

If Disney had the right to refuse free admission to a child under 3 without proof of age they would have to publicly post that information on their website, in their parks, etc.

Disney has the right to refuse admission to anyone for any reason. And, yeah, they do post that all over the place.

Hi this is not really totally related but I have the same sort of question about my 10 year old daughter we bought adult tickets for her and on our dinner reservations we used her correct age of 10.

my problem is that my daughter still eats kids meals not adult she only eats chicken fingers and sometimes pizza so if we are at restraunt like Le celler can she order off childs menu? she will not eat a adult meal and I really do not feel I should have to buy a adult meal for her we are not using the dinning plan because of this I felt it would be a waist of money because she does not eat that much.

any advise how disney will work this out for us? thanks

If she still eats the kids meals then you can just order kids meals for her. They won't check to see if she's old enough for adults meals if that what you're worrying about. :) It's only on the DDP that you will run into problems. DS17 likes the kids turkey pinwheel sandwiches so he gets those for lunch and just pays separately even when we have the DDP. :goodvibes

The OP's question has been answered. Children who are ages 3-9 at the start of their visit are supposed to have a Child's ticket. This thread is now closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter