Does Disney+ have any Disney shorts?

bcla

On our rugged Eastern foothills.....
I've been looking for the assorted short movies that were shown before Disney animation like Get a Horse or Paperman. I've found a lot of the Pixar shorts are available, but can't really find many of the Disney Animation ones.

They are there somewhere. I've seen several of the old Mickey and Donald shorts as well as things like the original Ferdinand the Bull, etc. I'm not sure offhand how to find them but when I have time to figure it out I'll post again if someone doesn't beat me to it. I don't think they're listed as a category but try browsing through Disney classics and you might come upon some.

I haven't seen the newer shorts like that from Disney proper. I think Feast may be on there, but I'm not sure. They really need to make collections for the old shorts as well as any new ones because having each oneas it's own main item on the menu makes it hard it find them unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Every Pixar anything is on D+, which is actually cool, going all the way beack to befroe they were called Pixar.

I haven't seen the newer shorts like that from Disney proper. I think Feast may be on there, but I'm not sure. They really need to make collections for the old shorts as well as any new ones because having each oneas it's own main item on the menu makes it hard it find them unless you know exactly what you are looking for.

Every Pixar anything is on D+, which is actually cool, going all the way beack to befroe they were called Pixar.
Back to the old Graphics Group at Lucasfilm? I'm guessing not that old because back then they weren't really making demo films. The early Pixar shorts were really just demos for their hardware/software systems. Heck - I remember when Pixar shorts used to have little Easter eggs about their location in Point Richmond, California before they moved to Emeryville.

I saw all the SparkShorts films from Pixar were available.

And yes I'd like to see Feast on my new TV although I do have a copy of Big Hero 6. But what I'd really like to see is Paperman on bigger screen. I might be able to use Apple AirPlay, but directly from Disney+ would be better.

They are there somewhere. I've seen several of the old Mickey and Donald shorts as well as things like the original Ferdinand the Bull, etc. I'm not sure offhand how to find them but when I have time to figure it out I'll post again if someone doesn't beat me to it. I don't think they're listed as a category but try browsing through Disney classics and you might come upon some.
There's a search feature, and I'm pretty sure that they're not there. I thought of maybe looking for extras attached to the movies, but I didn't see that either.

Back to the old Graphics Group at Lucasfilm? I'm guessing not that old because back then they weren't really making demo films. The early Pixar shorts were really just demos for their hardware/software systems. Heck - I remember when Pixar shorts used to have little Easter eggs about their location in Point Richmond, California before they moved to Emeryville.

I saw all the SparkShorts films from Pixar were available.

And yes I'd like to see Feast on my new TV although I do have a copy of Big Hero 6. But what I'd really like to see is Paperman on bigger screen. I might be able to use Apple AirPlay, but directly from Disney+ would be better.

Yes indeed! Go to the section "Pixar Through the Years." It starts with "The Adventures of Andre and Wally B." which is a very short demo reel. They have "Luxo Jr." and others. One of them had an absolutely frightening render of a human baby - it looked pretty rough. It's a great trip through thier history.

I do agree that the need more of the Disney Animation shorts from recent years. It seems weird to me that they don't have them.

Last edited:
They do have a number of classic Disney shorts from the 30s, 40s, and 50s primarily.

While it's not a designated searchable category, I found that the best way to find them was to look through the "Disney Decade" search feature. There are easily around 50 shorts you can find that way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!