Does Disney have something against parties of 7?

miknsusn

Mouseketeer
I can't get any ADRs for our group of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) but if I add a fictional 8th person, everything I want becomes available. I don't want to lie but if they have room for 8, why can't I book for a group with 7? If I call instead of trying to use the online res., will I get different results?? Specifically we are trying to book Garden Grill and Ohana breakfast.

I can't get any ADRs for our group of 7 (4 adults, 3 kids) but if I add a fictional 8th person, everything I want becomes available. I don't want to lie but if they have room for 8, why can't I book for a group with 7? If I call instead of trying to use the online res., will I get different results?? Specifically we are trying to book Garden Grill and Ohana breakfast.
Do it. The ADR system has issues with odd numbers. Same deal happened to me on my solo trip (well, with 1 and 2 ;)). Not sure the cause, but some CMs seem to know about it as well. Just book for 8 and if they say anything, say someone decided not to come. (This was told to me by a CM as well when booking for my originally planned solo trip, again with 1 and 2 instead of 7 and 8).

ETA: This only becomes an issue with pre-paid ADRs (actually pre-paid, not just CC held), for those you may want to call if the online system isn't working right.

We have had the same problem with 3 people and 5 people. I added 1 person to several ADR's last year and it worked just fine.

Good to know! I am having trouble too, trying to find res. for our friends that will be close to the same time as ours. (We have 2A/2C and they have 2A/3C)

Do it. The ADR system has issues with odd numbers. Same deal happened to me on my solo trip (well, with 1 and 2 ;)). Not sure the cause, but some CMs seem to know about it as well. Just book for 8 and if they say anything, say someone decided not to come. (This was told to me by a CM as well when booking for my originally planned solo trip, again with 1 and 2 instead of 7 and 8).

ETA: This only becomes an issue with pre-paid ADRs (actually pre-paid, not just CC held), for those you may want to call if the online system isn't working right.

It also is an issue with reservations that require a credit card guarantee. You will be charged if fewer people show up. I know we were at Akershus when we showed up one person short. Otherwise I agree with the previous posters: go ahead and make the ADRs for 8 people.

Go ahead and do the 8. If you feel guilty, call a CM after the fact and remove 1. They will not drop your reservation because of this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter