Does Disney keep DAS info and pictures on file?

denverdan

Earning My Ears
I'm an adult that normally gets a DAS when at Disney with my DW. It's been a couple of years but last several times they took my picture and all my info.

I understand that I need to go and get another DAS each time I'm there, I'm just wondering if they can access my previous information and picture. It's a difficult situation being an adult that needs the DAS and I would feel a little better knowing they have my information on file. While its uncomfortable for some with children, being a middle aged adult getting a DAS makes me anxious as I always feel funny.

Please don’t feel that way! I’m in the over-70 crowd, and need a DAS! Age is not an issue.

At Guest Relations - they will have your information which is quickly transferred to your magic band. They take a new picture, then you are done.

Enjoy your vacation!

Yes, they do keep both on file.
We have not had to ‘start over’ and reapply since the program started in late 2013.

When you go to Guest Relations, tell you need to renew your DAS. They will read your Magicband - that’s what links you in their system. They may need to retake your picture, but that is a quick process.
Do have the other guests with you that need to be linked to your DAS - the CM will need to also read their Magicbands or tickets.

Thank you both so very much!

I am glad they keep it on file, since I'm middle aged it makes me incredibly anxious when I have to go ask. It was easier before the program changed but after the first time felt like an interrogation. I've been since the program changed so I am very happy to know they keep the information saved and I just need to tell them I need to renew my DAS.

Thanks again!

I'm an adult that normally gets a DAS when at Disney with my DW. It's been a couple of years but last several times they took my picture and all my info.

I understand that I need to go and get another DAS each time I'm there, I'm just wondering if they can access my previous information and picture. It's a difficult situation being an adult that needs the DAS and I would feel a little better knowing they have my information on file. While its uncomfortable for some with children, being a middle aged adult getting a DAS makes me anxious as I always feel funny.
They keep that you have a DAS before and that is it every now and then I need my picture taken ( about once every 3-6 months). Even more often ( like once every 12-18 months ) they ask me why I need a DAS. I am in my middle 30 but do look much younger my disability will more then likely not go away with age ( in fact I am one of the luck ones it got a little worst with age). I can see me needing help for ever at Disney If you need a DAS then you will have to keep going to GR and get your picture taken.

I am nervous about having my son's picture and name linked on DAS. Has anyone had their own picture taken instead of their child's? Were you hassled at all about it? TIA

I am nervous about having my son's picture and name linked on DAS. Has anyone had their own picture taken instead of their child's? Were you hassled at all about it? TIA
I heard you could have your picture instead of your son. But why are you concerned about your sons picture taken

I feel like it is a small way to protect him. I am probably more sensitive since it has been less than a year since a diagnosis.

I feel like it is a small way to protect him. I am probably more sensitive since it has been less than a year since a diagnosis.
Well I do not think they share it with anyone and his name will be linked to it. Why be sensitive to something he can not control ( now I do not know the resign be hind the DAS ) but I would think this could be an why to teach him that it is ok to get and ask for help when he needs it

I understand - especially in the light of so many privacy violations of late, both large and small; it seems like a good idea to protect our children if at all possible.

Having said that, from what I have learned, the DAS system is "closed" - meaning that your son's photo and his DAS profile won't be shared anywhere else, or in any other manner in Disney's system. And, at Disney World, it is *not* diagnosis that matters - it's all about why he needs to wait outside the line, and how that helps him that is important. No diagnosis of any sort will be linked to his profile, because Disney does not collect (and will not document) information, even if volunteered.

Some kids actually like getting their picture taken for the DAS - and BTW you don't have to tell him it's for the DAS; if he's younger, just tell him that Mickey wants a picture of you today for his scrapbook! If he's old enough to be aware of the DAS and that it allows him to wait outside the traditional queue, then simply explain that it's part of the procedure, and his picture will be updated whenever he returns to WDW in the future.

As an FYI, I apparently have "problem" fingerprints - on an average 10 day trip, my finger will scan correctly at the turnstiles about 20% of the time, no fooling. So, almost every time I enter one of the Parks, a plaid CM has to bring an iPad over, scan my MagicBand, look at my picture (it must be hideous, I'm always hot and sweaty, with my hair flying everywhere LOL) look at me, and away I go! Once per trip they will update my picture in the database. So it's not just DAS that has their picture taken at Disney World! :)

Don't worry. I know it's hard with a fairly recent diagnosis - you can feel positively raw just discussing it, but Disney will make it as easy as they can for you. :)

I understand - especially in the light of so many privacy violations of late, both large and small; it seems like a good idea to protect our children if at all possible.

Having said that, from what I have learned, the DAS system is "closed" - meaning that your son's photo and his DAS profile won't be shared anywhere else, or in any other manner in Disney's system. And, at Disney World, it is *not* diagnosis that matters - it's all about why he needs to wait outside the line, and how that helps him that is important. No diagnosis of any sort will be linked to his profile, because Disney does not collect (and will not document) information, even if volunteered.

Some kids actually like getting their picture taken for the DAS - and BTW you don't have to tell him it's for the DAS; if he's younger, just tell him that Mickey wants a picture of you today for his scrapbook! If he's old enough to be aware of the DAS and that it allows him to wait outside the traditional queue, then simply explain that it's part of the procedure, and his picture will be updated whenever he returns to WDW in the future.

As an FYI, I apparently have "problem" fingerprints - on an average 10 day trip, my finger will scan correctly at the turnstiles about 20% of the time, no fooling. So, almost every time I enter one of the Parks, a plaid CM has to bring an iPad over, scan my MagicBand, look at my picture (it must be hideous, I'm always hot and sweaty, with my hair flying everywhere LOL) look at me, and away I go! Once per trip they will update my picture in the database. So it's not just DAS that has their picture taken at Disney World! :)

Don't worry. I know it's hard with a fairly recent diagnosis - you can feel positively raw just discussing it, but Disney will make it as easy as they can for you. :)
You are so right about Disney not sharing the information, heck. if you go to Disney land you have to explain why you need the DAS there too.

I too am one of the ones that every time I go in ( and I do mean every time) it will turn blue about 40% of the time I have to have one of the GR CM come over they too will scan my band look at my picture and then let me in.

OK this is a little off topic but I just have to share, in the last month my work has gone to a fingerprint scanner to clock in and clock out I have to try it at least 7x each time ( clocking in and out for breaks too) before it will works so mamma bunny just be warned if you have to do you fingerprints to log in to something it might not work the first time.

Just be aware that if you put your picture on his DAS, I don't believe you will be able to split at all. You will need to be present when he scans in. I don't know who else may be in your party, but mentioning this in case there might be a situation where Dad is taking Son for an attraction and you wanted to do something different with another child (too short, not interested, etc.).

Similar with the fingerscan at park entry. If an adult uses their fingerscan on a child's ticket, that adult will need to be with the child entering at all parks/all days. I believe it can be changed, but would be a bit of a hassle and delay entering the park.

The DAS system will NOT include your child's diagnosis, as you really shouldn't be communicating diagnosis with the CMs just his needs. Needs vary from person to person with the same diagnosis, or a person may not have a solid medical diagnosis but still have needs. As mentioned, the internal WDW system doesn't even connect to the DLR/DCA system. While not entirely out of the realm of possibility, it wouldn't seem to be of interest to hackers. Go with your gut as to what you feel is necessary to protect your child.

Enjoy your vacation!

Just be aware that if you put your picture on his DAS, I don't believe you will be able to split at all. You will need to be present when he scans in. I don't know who else may be in your party, but mentioning this in case there might be a situation where Dad is taking Son for an attraction and you wanted to do something different with another child (too short, not interested, etc.).
That is what I have heard/seen too.
I know when we use a DAS Return Time, DD’s name and picture come up on the screen. It is just used to verify that the person the DAS was issued for is the person using the DAS Return Time. The CMs sometimes say, “Hello [name]. Have a good time” or something similar.
I have seen the screen that the CM looks at and all it has is the name and picture.
The screen (and even the record in Guest Relations) doesn’t include anything about why the person has DAS. They don’t collect or keep that information.
It’s just name, picture, Ticket/Magicband number, date authorized. So, even if anyone got access to the file, that is all the information they could get (and the picture is low resolution).

If you are concerned with attracting attention at the attraction when you come back to use the Return Time, I can tell you that it is a very quick process with DD’s picture. She scans her Magicband and the Mickey head glows blue instead of green. That alerts the CM to look at the screen - DD’s picture comes up and the CM just looks at DD to make sure the picture matches the person. It’s very quick - like a few seconds.
There are also multiple reasons for the ‘blue Mickey’ - some are things like arriving too early for a Fastpass, arriving after the Fastpass Time has passed or no Fastpass for that attraction. So, it doesn’t single anyone out as using DAS.

On the other hand, I have been behind someone who had used their picture on their child’s DAS. It did cause a little momentary confusion for the CM and a few extra seconds because the male child had scanned his Magicband and the CM had to look for the person whose picture showed up.

Similar with the fingerscan at park entry. If an adult uses their fingerscan on a child's ticket, that adult will need to be with the child entering at all parks/all days. I believe it can be changed, but would be a bit of a hassle and delay entering the park.

The DAS system will NOT include your child's diagnosis, as you really shouldn't be communicating diagnosis with the CMs just his needs. Needs vary from person to person with the same diagnosis, or a person may not have a solid medical diagnosis but still have needs. As mentioned, the internal WDW system doesn't even connect to the DLR/DCA system. While not entirely out of the realm of possibility, it wouldn't seem to be of interest to hackers. Go with your gut as to what you feel is necessary to protect your child.

Enjoy your vacation!
Regarding using the adult’s finger for the scan.
That did happen to us. I had gone into the park earlier and my husband and daughter joined me later.
Because they had trouble getting our daughter’s finger into position to read, the CM suggested my husband scan for DD. He did, but didn’t think to tell me about it.
The next day when I came in with DD, her finger didn’t work. After a few minutes of , “are you sure you are using the same finger....let me reset and try again....are you sure you didn’t use your finger?” They called a CM with an iPad over. She could see that the fingerscan had been reset the day before. In order to change it, I had to show DD’s and my annual pass cards and my ID (which luckily, I had with me). The CM offered to change it to my finger scan for DD, which I declined. She took a picture of DD and I believe the next time we went in, we reset her finger scan (that was easier since the picture was on the iPad, but still took longer.)

Since then, we’ve been suggested many times for my DH or I to use our finger scan for her (because they can see she’s in a wheelchair and it would be ‘easier’). I have declined, told the CM why and asked that if they suggest it to make sure the guest knows the same person will need to scan each time.
Most of the CMs were just thinking about the guest getting in ‘today’ and were either not aware or not thinking about what would happen the next time.

When I go for a return time more then half the time I look to see the screen ( and it is really hard for me to see it and it would be close to imposable for anyone behind the DAS holder to see the screen) my Picture never comes up it is some type of outline of a person. ANd like other have said Disney does not keep anything on file ( unless they tell you they are going to keep this on file, like if you are having a problem and there might need to go back to GR and this way you will not need to go over everything again, but the 2x The CM has done this for me the one time I went back the CM could not pull anything up and I had to explain everything again.

When you go to get a DAS you do not have to say his DX, in all the time I have been I have never said my DX just why I have a hard time waiting in line

The actual picture of the person does show up for the CM (not just an outline), but there is some kind of privacy filter on the screen so that the picture is only clearly viewable from the correct angle that the CM is at. W e have those same kind of filters on some screens at work. They do a pretty good job of making the screen unviewable to anyone other then the person right in front of it.

Even with that, it’s not a high resolution picture. When they have needed to retake my DD’s in Guest Relations, they have showed it to us - it’s pretty pixilated, just clear enough to identify it as DD.

OK this is a little off topic but I just have to share, in the last month my work has gone to a fingerprint scanner to clock in and clock out I have to try it at least 7x each time ( clocking in and out for breaks too) before it will works so mamma bunny just be warned if you have to do you fingerprints to log in to something it might not work the first time.

LOL I had all kinds of problems with my fingerprint scan when we went in for our KTNs (to get our TSA Pre-Check) and so my application literally took more than twice as long as normal. When I go to the DMV in our state to renew my drivers license, it's all kinds of fun, since my fingerprints seem to "change" every time! Oddly enough, I have zero problems with TouchID on my Apple products...

LOL I had all kinds of problems with my fingerprint scan when we went in for our KTNs (to get our TSA Pre-Check) and so my application literally took more than twice as long as normal. When I go to the DMV in our state to renew my drivers license, it's all kinds of fun, since my fingerprints seem to "change" every time! Oddly enough, I have zero problems with TouchID on my Apple products...
Now that you mentioned it the finger print on my iPhone works about 98% of the time

Hi everyone. I'm not a DisBoard expert, but I use them a lot. Usually I can find a board that has dozens or hundreds of pages that can cumulatively give me all the information I need. Not so, with this topic. So, if someone can direct me to one, I would appreciate it.

Anyway, we are coming Nov. 22-Dec.2 as a split stay, if that matters at all. My family of 5 (incl. DS's 14,9,&6) and my parents. My folks are each renting scooters for their stay (due to foot and knee issues), but I presume that there isn't any need for DAS pass for them - there aren't many long lines that would be affecting them anyway. DS14 has high functioning autism, and we felt that our last trip in 2015 that he would be fine without any special treatment. He does fine with lines and generally always has. When he was younger, he might only ride in specific cars with specific colors or numbers, and we gave him choices to either choose another one or let other people go ahead of him and for him to wait until his preference arrives. So, we declined DAS for him, and it worked out fine - he was 10 on our last trip to WDW.

But now, our DS6 is in the process of testing for diagnosis, but he is an impulsive runner, cannot stand long waits, and after being held and carried in line for lengths of time longer than he can handle, gets really physical. If I had a nickel for each time I've been head-butted, I wouldn't have wait 3 years before affording another Disney trip! He is fast, strong, doesn't know his own strength, and his sensory issues make him think that everyone enjoys the roughness that he does. We will be bringing our stroller with us, mainly to contain him and keep him from running off.

So, we truly are considering the DAS for him this trip. However, I nedn to plan for the logistics of this and how it will work for our entire family. So, logistics help is requested here. I have heard that you cannot get DAS in advance, and that is very understandable, since they are for needs and not simply for a diagnosis. I had heard that the system was revamped a bit to avoid abuse...which back when we brought our oldest son, he would have qualified, but didn't really need, and would have been an abuse of privilege....so, I get it.
1) I know you have to go to guest services. Must it be at a park, or can the guest services at the resort hotel suffice?
2) if it must be at a park, are their guest services locations outside the gates, especially if we are there for rope drop trying to get our other kids to a popular ride early?
3) I have heard conflicting reports that the DAS is good for your entire stay. Some say it is, and others have said that we need to stop at Guest Services every day that we are at a park. Which one is it?

4) From 2015, I don't remember anything about fingerprints. Is that only for DAS? Or is that something new since 2015 that everyone does in addition to MagicBands scan?

5) Does Guest Services identify one main adult with him, pictures, fingerprints, etc? Or the entire family? There may be a time or two when my parents want to take him into something or when my wife and I split up the kids to do different things simultaneously. From what I read in the posts above, we may encounter problems if we do this. What might I expect and what advice might you all have for us?

6) Finally, there are occasional times when his curiosity strangely makes him want to stay in one spot and soak everything in rather than impulsively running to the thing that catches his attention. My biggest fear is that we get to guest relations and he ends up being this "perfect angel" and patient AT guest relations, and they think we're trying to scam them. Based on how Guest Relations handles this sort of thing typically, is my fear justified or irrational?

Thank you all for any and all help that you can provide!

Hi everyone. I'm not a DisBoard expert, but I use them a lot. Usually I can find a board that has dozens or hundreds of pages that can cumulatively give me all the information I need. Not so, with this topic. So, if someone can direct me to one, I would appreciate it.

Anyway, we are coming Nov. 22-Dec.2 as a split stay, if that matters at all. My family of 5 (incl. DS's 14,9,&6) and my parents. My folks are each renting scooters for their stay (due to foot and knee issues), but I presume that there isn't any need for DAS pass for them - there aren't many long lines that would be affecting them anyway. DS14 has high functioning autism, and we felt that our last trip in 2015 that he would be fine without any special treatment. He does fine with lines and generally always has. When he was younger, he might only ride in specific cars with specific colors or numbers, and we gave him choices to either choose another one or let other people go ahead of him and for him to wait until his preference arrives. So, we declined DAS for him, and it worked out fine - he was 10 on our last trip to WDW.

But now, our DS6 is in the process of testing for diagnosis, but he is an impulsive runner, cannot stand long waits, and after being held and carried in line for lengths of time longer than he can handle, gets really physical. If I had a nickel for each time I've been head-butted, I wouldn't have wait 3 years before affording another Disney trip! He is fast, strong, doesn't know his own strength, and his sensory issues make him think that everyone enjoys the roughness that he does. We will be bringing our stroller with us, mainly to contain him and keep him from running off.

So, we truly are considering the DAS for him this trip. However, I nedn to plan for the logistics of this and how it will work for our entire family. So, logistics help is requested here. I have heard that you cannot get DAS in advance, and that is very understandable, since they are for needs and not simply for a diagnosis. I had heard that the system was revamped a bit to avoid abuse...which back when we brought our oldest son, he would have qualified, but didn't really need, and would have been an abuse of privilege....so, I get it.
1) I know you have to go to guest services. Must it be at a park, or can the guest services at the resort hotel suffice?
2) if it must be at a park, are their guest services locations outside the gates, especially if we are there for rope drop trying to get our other kids to a popular ride early?
3) I have heard conflicting reports that the DAS is good for your entire stay. Some say it is, and others have said that we need to stop at Guest Services every day that we are at a park. Which one is it?

4) From 2015, I don't remember anything about fingerprints. Is that only for DAS? Or is that something new since 2015 that everyone does in addition to MagicBands scan?

5) Does Guest Services identify one main adult with him, pictures, fingerprints, etc? Or the entire family? There may be a time or two when my parents want to take him into something or when my wife and I split up the kids to do different things simultaneously. From what I read in the posts above, we may encounter problems if we do this. What might I expect and what advice might you all have for us?

6) Finally, there are occasional times when his curiosity strangely makes him want to stay in one spot and soak everything in rather than impulsively running to the thing that catches his attention. My biggest fear is that we get to guest relations and he ends up being this "perfect angel" and patient AT guest relations, and they think we're trying to scam them. Based on how Guest Relations handles this sort of thing typically, is my fear justified or irrational?

Thank you all for any and all help that you can provide!

1 Yes you must go to GR at one of the 4 theme parks ( not water parks) some might be able to do this out side GR but the change of them doing it before park opening is slim since their main concern is getting people with ticket problems in the park, remeber most parks ( all but EPCOT) lets you in before park opens past the GR so you can go and get your DAS then,

2 see the lest part of my last answer.

3 the DAS is good for 60 days so if you have a vacation longer then that you will need a new one ( and if you are at Disney longer then 60 days please adopt me ;) )

4 no fingerprint scan ( but to get in the park) for the DAS they will take the person with the DAS picture.

5 no they only identify the DAS holder every one else ( depending on the CM) will need to be there to have there MB linked to the DAS pass. the post apove where getting in to the parks where you tuch your MB and then put your finger on the tuch pad to make sure you did not give your MB to someome else for park entry that day

6 I would not worry I go to Disney alone at a lot I have always ( ok there was that one time but that is a different story) been given a DAS I am someone that looks much younger ( by 10-15 years) and since I have not been in the park with all the sensory stuff going on I normally do not have a problem asking for and getting a DAS card, I think the CM know that sometimes you are fine and sometimes you are not is what I am saying

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter