Does Disney still offer direct contracts for 'sold out' DVC resorts?

Heather07438

WDW Apprentice
I thought it made the news sometime in 2019 that direct contracts for sold out resorts could no longer be purchased; DVC/DVD now only sells the current resorts of Riviera and Aluani.

Can OKW or BWV only be purchased through resale or is direct still an option? I don't see much mention on subject lately. Thanks in advance!

I thought it made the news sometime in 2019 that direct contracts for sold out resorts could no longer be purchased; DVC/DVD now only sells the current resorts of Riviera and Aluani.

Can OKW or BWV only be purchased through resale or is direct still an option? I don't see much mention on subject lately. Thanks in advance!

DVD will do everything that can usually to steer you towards Riviera and Aluani. Phrases such as "they're the only ones we sell" "only resorts left" "the rest are sold out" will be used. You may get them to a point of "we can put a waitlist request in"

The reality is that Disney holds a stock of sold out resorts. The amount of stock varies in time, but those ROFR executions have to go somewhere. If you ultimately want a sold out resort, you can still buy one direct. BWV and OKW can both be purchased direct at direct pricing.

Reference: I made a AKV direct purchase in Sept 2019.

There are contracts filed every month with Orange County for each of the sold out resorts that were sold directly by Disney.
One of the posters here does a great job posting the information on their site.

They will also charge you a premium for sold out resorts. You will pay more for BWV than you will pay for Riviera.

They will also charge you a premium for sold out resorts. You will pay more for BWV than you will pay for Riviera.

Riviera just increased to $195. I believe BWV was at $190 and there was a proposed increase to $200/pt, not sure if it went into effect but at the very least it’ll be close.

Riviera just increased to $195. I believe BWV was at $190 and there was a proposed increase to $200/pt, not sure if it went into effect but at the very least it’ll be close.

I think RIV goes up the 29th of this month To $195. I believe it is still $188.

$5 per point gets you a contract twice the length, so I'm sticking with "pay a premium" and "pay more for BWV than for RIV."

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter