Does Disneyworld give plastic bags at gift shops or do you have to buy one?

When I was at AK last year they made me buy the reusable bag for $1. They said they were phasing out the plastic bags. However, on that same trip, when I had my purchases sent to the resort, they all came in plastic bags, they didn’t even ask if I preferred the re-useable bag.

When I was there last week, all my purchases were bagged in plastic Disney bags. The re-useables were displayed at each register, but no one mentioned them or offered them as an alternative.

from a trip SEP 20-21, 3 purchases were all put into the blue Disney bag. One larger item was in a clear plastic bag with the Disney logo.

In July, I was asked a few tines if I wanted to purchase the reusable bag. I declined every time; I reuse the plastic bags. We just returned from Disney on Tuesday, and I was not asked once during our trip if I wanted to purchase the reusable bag. Everything automatically went into plastic bags.

The Disney store in Denver doesn’t do plastic bags any longer, only reusable ones for purchase or bags brought along to the store.

We were just there 2 weeks ago. I purchased items at MK, Epcot, Poly, Beach Club Marketplace, Screen Door at BWI, and Disney Springs. Each register had the reusable bags on display, I bought the Epcot one. I was never once asked if I would like to buy one, and all my purchases, including the Epcot reusable bag, were just automatically put into the same old colorful Disney plastic bags.

Our experience is the same this year. We bought stuff at AK, MK, Epcot, HS, Grand Floridian, Polynesian and Disney Springs and everything was automatically put into the plastic bags without them even thinking twice. No one asked if we wanted to buy the reusable bag. We are big recyclers at home and use reusable bags for all of groceries and even mall shopping but at Disney I am delighted no to have to have a reusable bag. We go into the parks totally bagless and the thought of carrying an empty bag around that i have to go through bag check for on the chance I want to buy something would induce me to tell everyone to ship it off to the hotel which would be put into plastic bags anyway.

Last Dec at WoD I was told I had to buy the bag for my sweatshirt purchase. I did but I was surprised.

Last week in WDW I was asked if I wanted my purchase put into a bag only one time, and it was for the regular plastic bag. Every other time my purchases were put in the regular Disney bags automatically.

We were there 2 weeks ago. Our purchases were put in plastic. The only person who asked if we wanted the reusable bag was a CM in Norway.

Was there last month and nobody asked if we wanted to purchase a reusable bag. I actually requested to purchase one in HS as I had a very large purchase to carry out.

So it sounds like the cast member at OKC outlet store misinformed me when she stated that Disney now does not give bags. I reuse that plastics bags from DW for sorting laundry. I also have purchased bags from Parks. The outlet mall in OKC that does not give bags will someday see me with Universal bags, lol.

We were forced to buy the reuseable bags in February so it sounds like they eventually realized that was ticking people off and switched back to providing the plastic ones gratis.

We were forced to buy the reuseable bags in February so it sounds like they eventually realized that was ticking people off and switched back to providing the plastic ones gratis.
Same here in Feb. We didn’t mind as we were prepared and wanted to collect the ones from each park. I’m surprised they’re backtracking on this. I don’t think we were offered the plastic bags at all

Only the Disney Stores make you purchase bags. At both Walt Disney World & Disneyland plastic bags are still given. They will sometimes ask if you want to purchase one but just decline and they will give you a free one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter