Does EMM affect crowds much?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianEmily

Mouseketeer
Now that Disney released the MK EMM dates for my trip dates in February, my plan is a bit messed up, because I was planning to go to MK on Tuesday, and of course that's when the EMM hours are. I suppose one plan would be to get tickets for it, but I'm not overly interested in doing that.

The other thing that's happened is Touring Plans has shifted their crowd calendar, saying that HS will be the busiest park on the Monday, and of course, that's what we had planned (only because at the time, it had said MK would be busier on Monday, but now it's not).

I could pretty easily switch my plans still, except I can't get a Be Our Guest reservation for the Monday except at 10:05. I assume that's still breakfast hours. We were looking for lunch. I think we'll probably just keep our original plans, but maybe Touring Plans has decided that everyone is going to HS first during their vacation rather than MK because of all the new stuff? I'm guessing their predictions might change several times, still, between now and February.

Last edited:
Looking at the WDW February calendar, it seems MK has evening EMH on Wednesdays, morning EMH on Fridays which is free for resort guests, and the paid event, Early Morning Magic(EMM) on some Tuesdays and Thursdays. Go when it is convenient to you with a good touring plan. I too stress over crowd calendars and possible implications of park hours, and if I have a reasonable touring plan I still enjoy myself much more than going back and rearranging ADR's, etc. And TP plans can change once or twice a month whenever they update their calendars. The paid events are only for Fantasyland unless this has changed, and people have moved on from Fantasyland when the park opens. I have been to MK only once when there was a paid EMM, and I couldn't tell a big difference from going on a day without one, but we did start in Fantasyland. After RotR opens in HS, maybe people going are planning on making it a long weekend and staying around on Mondays? Doesn't matter-don't change your plans!

To avoid any confusion among casual readers, Disney has not released any “Extra” Extra Magic Hours (EEMH) past 11/2. From 11/3 on, the current park schedule returns to the ‘normal’ Extra Magic Hours (EMH) rotation.

I could pretty easily switch my plans still, except I can't get a Be Our Guest reservation for the Monday except at 10:05. I assume that's still breakfast hours. We were looking for lunch. I think we'll probably just keep our original plans, but maybe Touring Plans has decided that everyone is going to HS first during their vacation rather than MK because of all the new stuff? I'm guessing their predictions might change several times, still, between now and February.

Touring plans doesn't factor when people start their vacations, since everyone starts on a different day (people are arriving and leaving every day). One of the most common trend is to fly in on Friday so you get the weekend included without using vacation.

In any event, you will drive yourself nuts trying to over-analyze and they are just taking shots in the dark. plan around the FP+ tickets you can get and the ADR's. The only crowd rule of thumb I generally go by is to avoid MK on Saturdays and Sunday's if possible.

The ticketed Early Morning Magic on Tuesdays is generally a couple hundred people(?), I went on an EMM morning and could barely tell. Maybe tomorrowland was slightly more crowded than usual but not like "omg why are there so many people here" crowded

I've read from various sites that EMM may have a slightly inflated number, it's not enough to be considered significant for a "higher crowd" prediction since it truly is a limited ticket event (unlike say the parties...)

I know that this is a loaded question but has there been any indication that Extra Extra Magic Hours will be extended into 2020?

Touring plans doesn't factor when people start their vacations, since everyone starts on a different day (people are arriving and leaving every day).
In any event, you will drive yourself nuts trying to over-analyze and they are just taking shots in the dark.
Are you saying Touring Plans just takes shots in the dark?

Are you saying Touring Plans just takes shots in the dark?

They use predictive formulas. They do not sit there and try to calculate each day for each park individually., The formulas cannot and do not account for many, many factors. The further you go out, the less accurate you are - in this case, we were talking 5+ months out.

If you are going to tell me that predicting behaviors of vacationing crowd levels amid the current wavering and insecurely balanced global economy, threat of impeachment of the American President, possible BREXIT, potential domestic recession, Brazil's economy,concerns about the stability of the rest of the EU, and insecurity in the middle east (to name a few) EVEN given that people plan vacations 6+ months out generally is anything BUT a shot in the dark, you really ought to be playing the stock market mate, because you should have more money then Mark Zuckerberg right now.

Yes. I am saying that ANY estimates of vacationing crowd levels 5 months out is barely better than a shot in the dark in today's current fluctuating environment. That is why sites like Touring Plans will continue to make adjustments to their crowd predictive levels as we get closer, and they will probably change a number of times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts