Does everyone need the dining plan?

scottmik2

Earning My Ears
I know everyone in a room must have the same plan but does everyone on a dining reservation?
Could 3 people have the plan and 2 pay cash?

I know everyone in a room must have the same plan but does everyone on a dining reservation?
Could 3 people have the plan and 2 pay cash?
Unless something has changed yes.

What's changed 3 at the restaurant only 2 have dining. You can't treat the 3rd.guest using credits

I can’t imagine that everyone at a reservation must be on the plan. When I have joined a friend for a meal, we have always been able to have separate checks to pay.

Each person can pay as they wish.
A get may have the DDP but doesn't want to use credits for that meal.
The server will ask who is on the dining plan, and take their MB.
It appears that EACH gst has to use THEIR mb , no more sharing /'gjving' credits anymore.

Unless something has changed yes.

What's changed 3 at the restaurant only 2 have dining. You can't treat the 3rd.guest using credits
OK, let me make sure I understand. Say I'm meeting a good friend for a meal-I'm on the dining plan, but she isn't. I told her I'd "pick up the check", treat her to the meal. There's no way to do that at a TS restaurant? Could I do that a QS? If I'm buying for my family, and send them to find a table, while I get the meal, do I have to bring all their MBs, or can I put everything on my MB?

OK, let me make sure I understand. Say I'm meeting a good friend for a meal-I'm on the dining plan, but she isn't. I told her I'd "pick up the check", treat her to the meal. There's no way to do that at a TS restaurant? Could I do that a QS? If I'm buying for my family, and send them to find a table, while I get the meal, do I have to bring all their MBs, or can I put everything on my MB?
Assume you have a total of 4 guests on your dining plan. I don't know if the system will allow ordering 5 QS meals.

Two of us have the dining plan. At a table service meal one isn't as hungry and only wants to order dessert. Is that ok to only use 1 dining credit and then pay for the dessert separately?

An additional question: In looking at snack options I've noticed places saying "dining plan not included". Is a snack on the dining plan no longer an option for Aloha Isle or Auntie Gravity's, etc??

Last edited:
This is good information, I was considering the DP, but it seems like there is a lot of confusion around it. I also question if my wife and I would be able to eat all the food provided by the plan, it seems like a lot per person!

This is good information, I was considering the DP, but it seems like there is a lot of confusion around it. I also question if my wife and I would be able to eat all the food provided by the plan, it seems like a lot per person!
It's 2 meals and 1 snack per night per person. Either 2 quick meals per night on the quick plan or 1 quick meal and 1 table service per night on the standard plan.

a quick meal is an entree and beverage
a table service meal is an entree, beverage, and dessert

Two of us have the dining plan. At a table service meal one isn't as hungry and only wants to order dessert. Is that ok to only use 1 dining credit and then pay for the dessert separately?

An additional question: In looking at snack options I've noticed places saying "dining plan not included". Is a snack on the dining plan no longer an option for Aloha Isle or Auntie Gravity's, etc??
Yes but that would leave you with 1 table service meal at the end.

Correct, no way to do that a table service. I'd guess there is no way to stop you at a quick service. Keep in mind that is shorting you a meal though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter