Does MDE use the credit card attached to it after you enter the parks?

CeruleanMoon

Mouseketeer
Let's see if I can try to explain my question. We want to use one credit card to pay for all our prepaid stuff, and another card once we enter the parks. So the card attached to MDE now will not be the card we want to use to pay for the room charges, meals, etc. after we arrive.

If I leave the card that's currently on MDE, will that card be used to pay for the food we order for our dining reservations? I was considering removing that card and adding the new one before our trip, but I see it's connected to their cancellation fee, and I wouldn't want Disney to cancel our dining reservations because we've removed the credit card that was attached to them.

Or can I leave that card there on MDE and just tell the hotel desk that we want all our magic band charges to go to the other card?

I'm really confused on how this works.

@CeruleanMoon - As your question is mostly resorts related since it involves payment methods associated with a room reservation, moving this to the Resorts board. :-)

Let's see if I can try to explain my question. We want to use one credit card to pay for all our prepaid stuff, and another card once we enter the parks. So the card attached to MDE now will not be the card we want to use to pay for the room charges, meals, etc. after we arrive.

If I leave the card that's currently on MDE, will that card be used to pay for the food we order for our dining reservations? I was considering removing that card and adding the new one before our trip, but I see it's connected to their cancellation fee, and I wouldn't want Disney to cancel our dining reservations because we've removed the credit card that was attached to them.

Or can I leave that card there on MDE and just tell the hotel desk that we want all our magic band charges to go to the other card?

I'm really confused on how this works.

You can switch it now and it will have no affect on your ADRs.

Where is the card that you charge your magic band to stored? Is it always the card connected to MDE? I know AKL is going to all cashless payments and they said you could set up a card at the front desk. Is that something different that having a card already set up through MDE?

What prepaid stuff?

By prepaid I mean our park tickets, room deposit, dessert party and (outside MDE) airfare. When we arrive in the parks we plan to use another card for the room balance, all food, and souvenirs. So I'm trying to figure out the best way to make that happen.

When you do online checkin you’ll set a card for charging to the room. That’s where you’ll change that.

So clicking the "start check-in" button on MDE prompts you to input another credit card? Is doesn't automatically default to the one attached to the account?

You can switch it now and it will have no affect on your ADRs.

Ok, that's good to know!

Yet another question...:D...if I want to use mobile ordering, does that also require setting up a card that is separate from MDE? If you just buy something at the counter directly, can you charge it to your magic band? What about paying for ADR's?

Using your Magic Band charging is just charging back to the room so whatever credit card you put on file for room charging is the card that all your purchases will be charged to. Just like in past days when you used your room key to charge to your room.

Your not ever charging to the magic band your using your magic band as a room key and charging to your room!

Same for mobile ordering, in park purchases or paying for quick service or adrs (regardless of the cc'd you used to hold the adr or how you paid for your room).

Using your Magic Band charging is just charging back to the room so whatever credit card you put on file for room charging is the card that all your purchases will be charged to. Just like in past days when you used your room key to charge to your room.

Your not ever charging to the magic band your using your magic band as a room key and charging to your room!

Same for mobile ordering, in park purchases or paying for quick service or adrs (regardless of the cc'd you used to hold the adr or how you paid for your room).

Ok, thanks, I think I get it. So when we set up our room charging, that will cover everything we buy in the parks from then on out - food, room balance, etc. Does mobile ordering require separate set up or does it automatically connect to the card attached to your room as well?

Ok, thanks, I think I get it. So when we set up our room charging, that will cover everything we buy in the parks from then on out - food, room balance, etc. Does mobile ordering require separate set up or does it automatically connect to the card attached to your room as well?

It connects to the room (aka the card on file). I changed our card on file a couple weeks before our trip without issue.

On another note, can I have a credit card on file but charge to my room bill and then pay the bill in cash before I leave? If I don't pay before check-out then they would charge my card?

On another note, can I have a credit card on file but charge to my room bill and then pay the bill in cash before I leave? If I don't pay before check-out then they would charge my card?

Yes we do this but you must pay before they charge your card which is usually the day before check out if not 2 days, or once your room credit limit has been reached i think then they automatically charge your card so keep an eye on your balance. I got caught out last year when I went to pay my room bill off with gift cards and cash, they had already charged my card so they had to refund the card and I paid in cash and gift cards.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter