Does Pleasure Island have food?

Kitten516

Mouseketeer
We want to spend our first night for our anniversary at PI and DQ. I know DQ has some food, but we should be more hungry while we are in PI. Do any of the "clubs" have or serve food? IF so what kind?

if i recall correctly the wild horse saloon has food. i want to say like burgers and stuff. i thought there was a cajun type of place there and the steam boat has a resteraunt. don't quote me though it has been a while since i have been there..

Originally posted by TWEEDLEDEE2
if i recall correctly the wild horse saloon has food.

Didn't the Wild Horse Saloon close? I thoight I remembered hearing that.

Anyway, not sure about food at PI, but DQ food is quite good for counter service. It is run by Cheesecake Factory (Yum!) and we had a pretty good meal last time we ate there.

I would check Deb's site for menus. http://www.wdwig.com I know there is a diner type place that serves burgers and such. I also remember getting a really good gyros sandwich from a cart at the end of the night one time.

Originally posted by lovespugs

Didn't the Wild Horse Saloon close?

Yes, the Wildhorse Saloon has been replaced by a club called Motion.

Good question on the food though. I seem to remember a placed that has sausages and such..

And don't forget The Missing Link Sausage Company on PI .... they have great Chili Dogs!

There's the little sausage shop on PI with hot dogs, ice creams & sausages. But if you really want a meal why not just go to a restaurant rite outside PI in DTD? Our favorite is Portabello Yacht club! Theres so many places to eat right outside!

Besides the hot dog place you can get slices of pizza at a cart (outside the Jazz Co last time I was there). Don't forget D-Zerts for cakes, brownies, cookies and fudge.

Wandering out to either the Marketplace or West Side will offer more variety.

Thak you All for your quick replies. I know DQ has food. The last time I actually ate there it made me quite ill, and as a first night, I was hoping to stay away from it. Plus over the next few days we will be doing quite a bit of walking, so I was hoping we could just pick up something in PI, instead of going all around DTD. I think DH will go for a chili dog without a problem. Thank you all.

Just wanted to add that the BET soundstage has finger foods. (I've heard really good things about the Conch Meat Fritters and jerk chicken wings.)

Toodles
~Tina

There is a lot of great food NEAR PI -- are you not interested in other Downtown Disney dining?

And, I believe the Jazz Club has quit serving food. Too bad if it's true as they had some good stuff...

We are not really interested in dining around DTD. Just PI. I was hoping to be able to sit in one of the clubs that everyone has been raving about and catch a bite to eat. Oh well if it is not possible then oh well.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter