Does POFQ have its own RUN disney bus to the races?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
Trying to decide between POFQ and POR. Do these resorts share a bus or do they get their own on race day?

Trying to decide between POFQ and POR. Do these resorts share a bus or do they get their own on race day?

I was just there for Dark Side in April and I'm pretty sure the buses were just for those two resorts. Stopped at FQ first, then Riverside. So yes they shared.

I stayed at POFQ in January. On the morning of the 10k, I was going to spectate so I was on a later bus and we had some runners on the bus so it went directly to the start line. On the morning of the Full, we made stops at Riverside.

Coming back from the race, POFQ was the first stop.

The pickup might be a little different. I stayed at POR for Princess weekend (all three races) in 2016 and Star Wars 3 races in 2017 -- both years there were empty buses picking us up, so I'm pretty sure there weren't at POFQ first. I'm one of the get-on-an-early-bus types. Combined buses on the way back both years.

I made the mistake of thinking the two resorts were much closer after the Dark Side half in April, deciding to get off the bus at POFQ for post-run beignets and then walk back to our room which was in the middle of the magnolia section. It's amazing what your brain will talk you into following a long run -- my legs were not happy with that decision!

The pickup might be a little different. I stayed at POR for Princess weekend (all three races) in 2016 and Star Wars 3 races in 2017 -- both years there were empty buses picking us up, so I'm pretty sure there weren't at POFQ first. I'm one of the get-on-an-early-bus types. Combined buses on the way back both years.

I made the mistake of thinking the two resorts were much closer after the Dark Side half in April, deciding to get off the bus at POFQ for post-run beignets and then walk back to our room which was in the middle of the magnolia section. It's amazing what your brain will talk you into following a long run -- my legs were not happy with that decision!

During high traffic times they will route the POFQ buses straight to the start if they're full and send POR their own buses so people there don't get skipped over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter