Does Shanghai have the best version of Pirates?

Yes and no. Yes in terms of technology. But it's only really good when you are on the front row. If you are further to the back you notice the amount of screens much more.

Yes and no. Yes in terms of technology. But it's only really good when you are on the front row. If you are further to the back you notice the amount of screens much more.

I'll have to pay more attention to that if I'm ever able to get to Shanghai again.

Interesting question. I've ridden PoC at all the parks and was blown away by the Shanghai version. The advances in ride technology was really put to good use at that attraction. The ability to position and orient the boat in the various scenes made it feel more like you were in it rather than just riding by on a boat.

However, like @mikelan6 above, I do still love the original Disneyland version. Our WDW version is possibly the worst. Not that its bad, just that the others are better.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!