Does Swan ever have AP rates?

chilihead

Has no short-term memory and can't think on her fe
We are going in Oct and wondering if it's worth it to get an AP. We have booked our rooms at Swan for 10-15. Does this hotel ever offer AP rates?

Thanks!

chilihead said:
We are going in Oct and wondering if it's worth it to get an AP. We have booked our rooms at Swan for 10-15. Does this hotel ever offer AP rates?

Thanks!

Since Swan and Dolphin are not disney owned hotels I doubt they would ever have AP rates.

The Swan and Dolphin do have AP rates but they are the same as AAA and Entertainment. For info look at allearsnet.com, then accomodations, then Discounts at Swan/Dolphin. I am booked in May with the discount.

wdwcindy

S/D also gives late checkout and a one category upgrade as part of the AP discount.

I never realized they were included in AP rate. Since the rate is the same as any other discount including the allears discount it doesn't seem worth it to buy an anual pass for the room discount.

I already have AAA and am just waiting to see if any rates come out for Oct so I can apply them to my ressies. I guess I won't really bother with the AP since it's no different.

Just as an aside, we chose Swan b/c of the two queen beds. What's the general opinion of Swan v. Dolphin? We have two kids (DS7 and DD5).

Beds between the two hotels do not differ in size as much.
Dolphin has laundry, Tubbies for refillable mugs, game room and closer to the 3 arce pool with water slide and waterfall.
Swan rooms most times have better views - even for a standard room.
Also buses pick up first at the Swan before the Dolphin.

Both resorts can use each other's facilities - they are both owned by Starwood. Both can be reached by a covered walkway - and are equidistant
to the boat docks to Epcot and MGM.

Swan is closer to the Boardwalk. Dolphin is closer to the Y/B resorts.
But the walk between in not much different.

Swan is smaller in size. Dolphin has many more rooms and people.
Both are great resorts.

Enjoy :cool1:

We've stayed at the Swan twice, but will be staying at the Dolphin in June. We have found that we were forever usually having to make a trek over to the Dolphin for food @ Tubbies, or a treat at the Ice Cream Shop, and the pool is much more entertaining there. In general, Dolphin is more kid friendly, I think. Neither place has a food court like the Disney resorts, but at least the Dolphin has the cafeteria ; the Swan has nothing but restaurants - not a good thing with DDs 3 and 5.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter