Does the novelty of AKL wear off?

We go every year and often stay for 2 weeks and I’ve never gotten tired of the hotel I was staying at. This year we are doing AKL (never stayed before) and I don’t think i’ll get tired of it either. I like having longer stays at one hotel (vs. spilt stays) because I can settle in and really let it sort of feel like home and by the end of the trip I feel like I’ve really immersed myself in the theming of the resort.

I don’t really like having to pack up half way through the trip, once I get everything in the room just the way I like it I don’t want to have to change it until I’m leaving to head home.

I guess if you feel like you get restless or tired of things quickly then do a split stay, but otherwise stick with your gut instinct.

A huge thank you for all the advice and perspectives. I really appreciate everyone taking the time to share their experiences. We have been talking and going over various permutations, and have decided to do a split stay between AKL and Boardwalk.

The Poly is beautiful but I realised that it’s somewhere I feel we “should” stay, rather than somewhere where we actively want to stay. Maybe on another trip, but for our child-free trip with a focus on Epcot, Boardwalk will suit us best.

A massive thank you again for all the replies. They really helped us work out what we want.

We stayed for a few days at AKL (club level, Savannah View) last year and it was spectacular. Such a beautiful resort, and I loved waking up early to watch the animals.

I have 2 weeks booked there for next year and I’m having doubts. 3 days was wonderful, but I’m concerned that, for a 2 week vacation, the novelty of giraffes and zebras will wear off and then we are just left with the inconvenience of being stuck so far from everything.

I’m considering moving to the Poly, as I haven’t stayed there before. We are two adults, no kids, some health problems that affect stamina, and no car but are happy to use Uber/Lyft/Minnie Vans.

Am I overthinking this, or will we get sick of the animals and spending all our time on transport? Thanks.

I can’t comment on AKL as I haven’t personally stayed there yet. However, I can HIGHLY recommend the Poly. Absolutely LOVE that resort. The atmosphere is perfect and relaxing, perfect to unwind after the park, or take a resort day.

Two more cents here.... I would do Boardwalk first, then move to AKL. I know we do more parks and running at the beginning of our trips, then start to tire out and want to relax. I definitely think AKL is more relaxing of a resort, and better suited for week two of your stay! Enjoy your trip!!

As a solo adult at AKL, I've never gotten bored staying in a savannah view room. I could sit and watch the animals all day, every day. The only time I get bored watching the animals is from 8:00-noon or so, but that's because the animals are usually in their "barns" then, so there's not much to see!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter