Does the "sting" from ITTBAB hurt?

lexiluke

Mouseketeer
I know this a silly question, but my dd has a very low tolerance for pain. I know she'll be mad at me if I convince her to try it and then it hurts when they poke you from the seat. I'm sure it's not too bad or nobody would go back, but how bad is it? Is there a way to avoid it?

Thanks in advance!

Don't worry, it doesn't hurt. It is just very unexpected, which is what makes it so very uncomfortable the first time you experience it.

It doesn't hurt, but if you want to avoid it lean forward in your seat when the bees come out.

IT REALY DOESN'T HURT BUT I DIDN'T EXPECT IT SO WE WERE ALL JUMPED PRETTY GOOD WHEN WE DID GET STUNG---------- IT IS REALY ALOT OF FUN:smooth:

The "stinger" is about as sharp as your index finger and it pokes you moderately. If you know it's coming, it's not as bad.

Our group of kids, 9, 8, 6, 6, 5, did not like this attraction because of that unexpected "sting". If I could do it over again, I would tell them all to sit forward in their seats. The 3 year old, who was sitting in my lap, liked it just fine (although I did hide her from some of the effects).

The sting is like a poke in the back. It's the surprise factor that makes you jump, not pain from a poke.

Not trying to spoil anything, but there is another effect afterwards when bugs are leaving that did get one of my neices screaming because she doesn't like things on her. It's another seat effect, it doesn't hurt, but it can feel creepy.

Again I'm not trying to spoil the ride, but just want to give you a little warning.

ITTBAB is one of our Must See events each time we go.

<b>lexiluke</b> The effect is not like a "sting" from an insect, rather more like someone jabbing you firmly in the back with their index finger or the eraser end of a pencil. It doesn't so much hurt but if you are leaning back firmly against the seat back it will startle you even if you are prepared.

I copied this post over to our Disney for Families board for you. I think you will get some great advice there, too. You might want to check that board for replies. Your post there can be found <b>HERE</b>.

I'll bet it is nice and hot in San Antonio today :) Enjoy planning your trip.

Katholyn

What is ITTBAB? Is it a ride or show? I looked it up on the abbrevation page and it wasn't there. I can't think of what it is.

Thanks

smt218,

It stands for It's Tough to Be a Bug. It's a 3-D attraction at AK.

I always move up in the seat when the bees come out. Even though it's not a hard poke, and I know it's coming, it still makes me jump every time. So I just move up and I don't feel a thing.

Thanks for all the great advice! I'll have to decide whether or not to have her avoid the sting or to let her have the fun of being surprised.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter