Does this happen?

kirstyfly

Mouseketeer
In regards to Rope drop (opening) do Mickey and the gang greet (as in gather and wave to the crowds from somewhere?) and at the end of the night do they wave to the crowd from somewhere?

I saw years ago (okay not THAT may years ago) when i was a child something similar on the tv, was it just for tv or did it use to happen or still happen?

When they open the gates for you to head to the rope, there are usually a few characters out in Town Square. They wave to people as they walk (well, run lol), to the rope. You can also stop and take pics with them.

Not so sure about the night time one.

The night time one is usually during special occasions. I believe they did it when they closed in Mid-March and they did it years ago on Christmas Eve.

Before rise of the resistance opened, on most days, some characters would come out to greet from the train station or on main street as you enter the park. It's harder to see them now that the gates open so much earlier due to ROTR and I imagine they may not greet on main street in the post-virus world.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!