Does Trader Sam's still have the "forced" souvenir glass purchase?

I wouldn’t have thought they could make the drink in something that’s not the vessel! I would probably be sad to see how little beverage is actually in it...

They always make them in shakers and only pour them into the glasses at the end.

.. and while I'm on the subject, how have crowds been there recently?

Thanks. :drinking1
We were there from Dec 22nd to Jan 02 and probably due to the bad weather rarely saw anyone on the Terrace. The Grotto tended to be full particularly when Spirit of Aloha got out.

I thought you 'had' to buy the souvenir glass too. I remember the waiter just saying "that drink comes in a souvenir glass". But when we got the bill he didn't charge me for the glass.

I remember being a bit gutted cause I didn't like the glass when it came. When I left I wish I had bought it though!

I meant “serve”. :)

Ahh, got it. At the one in Disneyland they actually served most drinks in plain glasses, not the souvenir ones, if you weren't buying the glass. I don't know if that's always how they do it, but it seemed weird to me since I'm used to the WDW Trader Sam's.

So . . . I finally went back and found the thread I semi-remembered. It was from July 2015 and the title was "I just spent $80 for three drinks at Trader Sam's".

It was quite a lively discussion about the drinks, the vessels, the crowds, and how comparable the prices were to other bars. There were even photos of menus which had prices and specified if a souvenir glass -- or submarine :cool1: (Nautilus) was included.

Thanks, again to all who took the time to assure me that I won't leave there with an armful of glasses I don't want.

I wouldn’t have thought they could make the drink in something that’s not the vessel! I would probably be sad to see how little beverage is actually in it...
Surprisingly the amount that was supposed to be in the Nautilus was two 16oz-ish glasses. I am more of a Lapu-lapu kinda guy, so the spices were a bit much. However, I NEEDED that vessel!!! I miss 20,000 Leagues under the sea

Surprisingly the amount that was supposed to be in the Nautilus was two 16oz-ish glasses. I am more of a Lapu-lapu kinda guy, so the spices were a bit much. However, I NEEDED that vessel!!! I miss 20,000 Leagues under the sea

:thumbsup2

Me too. Our first visit to Sam's we sat outside and we had one of the drinks, forget the name today, but it's the one where you have 3 little pots of cinnamon you toss in to make it flame up. Anyway, they served it in the vessel. But no, they never give you that one, to my knowledge, they always give you a boxed one inside. I have mine sitting on the ledge in the kitchen window
We have that one too! It's displayed above the cabinets in our kitchen. I keep thinking I should buy the ingredients and make a pitcher of "refills.":teeth:

My Nautilus hangs out on my fireplace mantle and this Christmas I put a bow on it and filled it with ornaments, similarly my hitchhiking ghost glasses made lovely fake poinsettia vases. My two pearls hold pens and sharpies, I may have a problem.

My husband keeps saying we should make a drink to fill the Nautilus, but at this rate I think it more likely that it just gets decorated for each season/holiday.

My Nautilus hangs out on my fireplace mantle and this Christmas I put a bow on it and filled it with ornaments, similarly my hitchhiking ghost glasses made lovely fake poinsettia vases. My two pearls hold pens and sharpies, I may have a problem.

My husband keeps saying we should make a drink to fill the Nautilus, but at this rate I think it more likely that it just gets decorated for each season/holiday.

Gotta say, I like the Christmas themed Nautilus.

1) Nope.
2) Just ignore the cattle prod carried by the cashier.

:cool1:

See! I knew cattle prods were involved. Thanks for backing me up! :crutches:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter